What's new

‘Aquaman’ Splashes Past $1B Worldwide

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Warner Bros/DC’s Aquaman joined the billion-dollar club worldwide this session, now counting $732.4M at the international box office and $1.02B global. The milestone makes the James Wan-directed origins story the 5th movie released in 2018 to get across $1B, behind Avengers: Infinity War, Black Panther, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and Incredibles 2. It is also WB’s 2nd highest-grossing movie ever overseas and the 5th title in WB history to reach $1B.

The Jason Momoa-starrer has been riding a huge wave offshore since it first traveled to China in early December and now joins The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises as the only DC pics to the billion-dollar threshold. This weekend it passed The Dark Knight globally; TDKR made $1.08B during its run. Japan, although it is not a huge DC hub, is still to release on February 8.

Wan is now breathing some rarefied air, having two movies gross over a billion. The other is Universal’s Furious 7 from 2015.

He said today, “Firstly, Massive love and thank you to the fans and audiences around the world. Humbled by the way you’ve embraced Aquaman and how it has resonated on a global scale. I’ll forever be indebted to Jason for turning Aquaman into one of the coolest, cinematic superheroes ever, and becoming the gold standard for this character for generations to come. Huge thank you to the amazing cast — Amber, Patrick, Nicole, Yahya, Willem, Temuera, Dolph, Ludi — for breathing life into our beloved characters. And, of course, this movie wouldn’t be what it is without the incredible achievement of everyone involved, from the heads of department to every single crew member, who demanded utmost excellence in helping design and create this cinematic experience.”

WB’s Worldwide Distribution President, Ron Sanders, added, “We’re thrilled audiences around the world have embraced Aquaman in such a big, big way. Jason, the filmmakers and the team at DC have delivered a film that people love, and we are so appreciative of their support.” The film helped WB hit double milestones in 2018, scoring a studio record $5.57B worldwide and $3.62B international. Even rivals have marveled at the success of the underwater adventure which has breathed new life into the DC brand. While it got knocked out of the No. 1 position last weekend (its 5th in overseas release), Aquaman previously held the title for four in a row.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/aquama...ee-china-international-box-office-1202534340/

our new generation have no taste in movies, how can someone spend three hours of valuable time and $15 on a movie named "Aqua man"

Kinda lunatic movie to be honest... didn't expected hitech weapons in ocean.. ships, guns blah blah.. weird colour combos.
when you can find them in wakanda , then why not in Atlantis?

How can i find one in my blanket in this cold night?
well I can't answer your question unless I knew how deep your pocket is ?
this picture from movie The Dictator explain it well , (its around 13 min)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom