What's new

Are these Indian personalities as well know in Iran as this article claims?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can say for sure that despite the huge propaganda against Iran, Indians have a lot of fondness for Iran. We recognize the ancient cultural ties and lots of things in our culture are of iranian origin.

I also do not think what a common irani have against india. However how much yoga or indian movies are popular in iran only iranians can tell.

May I ask which ancient cultural ties Iran had with PRESENT DAY INDIA? It is funny how you Indians keep on changing sides and history. On one side, majority of Indians on this forum claim that it was coward Pakistanis who let every invader from Arab land, Iran, Afghanistan etc to rule and invade them and the so called brave Indians resisted every invasion. Now u saying that the cultural ties between India and Iran goes back to thousand of years? Actually, the ties between Pakistan and Iran goes back to thousand of years because it was North West India (present day eastern parts of Pakistan) who came under Persian rule again n again. So I urge you Indians to please stick to one story and don't change the stories to suit your needs. :azn:

May I ask which ancient cultural ties Iran had with PRESENT DAY INDIA? It is funny how you Indians keep on changing sides and history. On one side, majority of Indians on this forum claim that it was coward Pakistanis who let every invader from Arab land, Iran, Afghanistan etc to rule and invade them and the so called brave Indians resisted every invasion. Now u saying that the cultural ties between India and Iran goes back to thousand of years? Actually, the ties between Pakistan and Iran goes back to thousand of years because it was North West India (present day eastern parts of Pakistan) who came under Persian rule again n again. So I urge you Indians to please stick to one story and don't change the stories to suit your needs. :azn:

Does Indo-Iranian language ring the bell?

If not study about Avestan-Sanskrit link.

''Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Yoga is not anti-islam. But some of the things in yoga are against to fundamental islamic principle. "OM","Soora Namaskara" etc.
"There is no god but God and Muahammed(s) is prophet" is Islam. Any thing violates this is forbidden in islam. Islam is not like any other religion where you can do anything still you are a Hindu or Christian. We consider even a minute details which can violate our faith.

Yoga in Iran (and infact in China) might be famous. But it would be customized.
For example,
When doing soorya namaskar, they would not be thinking that they are worshiping sun rather they would just concentrate on physical exercise.

You must read the comments written by Indians in Indian news papers whenever Iran in news.
According to me Iranians are great people who are under sanction for more than 30 years.

I think most people (including most hindus) in modern era do soorya namaskar for physical exercise rather than worshiping sun. Yoga and everything in it is seen by most as a way of living a healthy life rather than a spiritual ritual.

According to hindu philosophy even you are hindu inspite of your belief.......:enjoy:
We are talking about organized religion here, and I dont think anybody in Iran is turning hindu, unless the stupid hare krishna people reached iran too. :)

We are talking about organized religion here, and I dont think anybody in Iran is turning hindu, unless the stupid hare krishna people reached iran too. :)

Why the 'Hare Krishna' people have to be stupid.....
Unlike the Crusaders and Jihadis, the ISKCON people are NOT extremists....and as long as they spread their beliefs peacefully....there shouldn't be any problem....IMHO

You seem to be one of those, who takes pride in demeaning one's own culture and religion.....but it's unnecessary....if you don't like it....shun it....no need to disrespect it...

to be honest Iranian like Yoga as much as they like western music saying that Iranian ppl (a majority of them )would rather do it instead of Haj is just overstating it , take it from me that a small number of them do it as a psychological things to relax themselves , as relief to get rid of the tempo of the modern life not as a religion or worldview stuff , one of the reason that Iran has been always a cultural power or hub in the world is , the other cultures and customs are welcomed in Iran and Iranian folks are open-minded we absorb them and using them in order to enrich and boost our culture but by the end we remain Iranian . if this statement wasn't true this ethnic mix wouldn't long last .

about indian movies , they are popular among women maybe due to similarities btw two nations . but among men esp young they are symbols of cry and sth like that ..

Yoga is famous world over dude and there is a reason for that.. Btw, your name Pahelvan is similar to how wrestlers are called in India "Pehelwan"

And I was also pleasantly surprised to know that some of the Iranian cities ends with Pore and some Iranians have "pore" in their middle or last names.. Just so that you know pore is similar to "pur" which in sanskrit means city..

Many cities in India are named like Rampur, Kanpur, Nagpur, Udaipur etc.. I didn't knew anyone at least in Iran would be using the word..

In Persian Pahlevan means hero/champion. It is also a type of wrestling. The ending u are thinking is pour/pur which means son of. There are many other similarities between Persian and Hindi, for example goftegoo, delbar. Also your word for friend Yaar means partner/lover in Persian. It is also used at the end of many Persian names. For example Mahyar, Khodayar, Khashayar.

In Persian Pahlevan means hero/champion. It is also a type of wrestling. The ending u are thinking is pour/pur which means son of. There are many other similarities between Persian and Hindi, for example goftegoo, delbar. Also your word for friend Yaar means partner/lover in Persian. It is also used at the end of many Persian names. For example Mahyar, Khodayar, Khashayar.

more similarities between persian and urdu than persian and hindi. Like Khuda Hafez, Khush Amdeed etc etc

Is this correct? Found it on another forum.

Vegetable: SUB-ZI
Cheese: PA-NEER
color- rang
white - safed
aloof - dur
always - hamesha
certainly not - hargiz nahin
ever - hamesha
every moment - hardam
far - dur
in - andar
inside - andar
near - pas **
off - dur
once - ek bar
again & again - bar-bar
or - ya
perhaps - shayad
since (conditional) - chunki
twice - do bar
whereas - chunki
easy - asan
bad - kharab
empty - khali
fresh - taza
dirty - ganda
distant - dur
near - pas
hot - garam
honest - imandar (Iman daar, someone who has iman?)
dishonest - beiman
wealthy - maldar (someone who hass maal)
poor - garib (gharib?)
healthy - tandurust
sick - bimar
new - naya (no?)
young - jawan
narrow - sankra, tang
lazy - sust
smart - hoshiyar
kind - meharban
pleased - khush
displeased - naraz (naaraazi)
urban - shahri
rural - dehati
smelling good - khushbudar
smelling bad - badbudar
not durable - kamzor
strong - takatwar (like takat? it sounds persian but do we have takat?)
worthless - raddi
hard - sakhta
I - main
My - mera (m) , meri (f) , mere (pl)
We - ham (hameye maa?)
Our - hamara (m) , hamari (f) , hamare (pl)
You - tum , ap (r)
to answer - jawab dena
to attack - hamla karna
to attempt - koshish karna
to clean - saf karna
to forgive - maf karna (moaaf kardan?)
to hate - nafarat karna (nefrat kardan/ nefrat daashtan?)
to help - sahayata dena, madad dena (madad resaandan)
to waste - barbad karna ; ; ; ;

Does Indo-Iranian language ring the bell?

If not study about Avestan-Sanskrit link.

Good! that is what i wanted u Indians to admit.. so it was not just Pakistanis, u share the links with the so called invaders too. Thanks for admitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom