What's new

Are we Proud of being Commonwealth Nation?

INDIAISM

Reaction score
I don't know wether this is right place to put this topic or not....But i realy wanted to ask this question from Sri Lankans,Bangladeshi's, Pakistani's and Indians....

Do we realy feel proud when our country wins medal in Common wealth Games.....or when we host Commonwealth Games.....

Are we proud of our Shameful past of being one of Commonwealth Nation ?....

Listen mate , i said this 100 times before and people thought im being rude , its an absolutely pathetic thing that is used by britian to try to show how they ruled other countries and keep that in the world , it acts as British is the owner and master , every country should leave this pathetic and racist thing.

I don't know wether this is right place to put this topic or not....But i realy wanted to ask this question from both Pakistani's and Indians....

Do we realy feel proud when our country wins medal in Common wealth Games.....or when we host Commonwealth Games

Are we proud of our Shameful past of being one of Commonwealth Nation....

There is nothing to be proud of and nothing to be shameful for being a part of Commonwealth. Commonwealth is like any other world organization which works for peace and stability in the region.

Just because Germany was defeated in WWII and winners became P-5 doenot mean that it is shameful for Germany to join UN.

good that someone brought this up. hate Pakistan to be part of this organization, this is just a way to carry on the British legacy. look at China they quit already... we should discard it too !!

good that someone brought this up. hate Pakistan to be part of this organization, this is just a way to carry on the British legacy. look at China they quit already... we should discard it too !!
Was china ever part of commonwealth nations? Hong kong was but after handover to china its not anymore.

Nothing to be proud or ashamed of, its just another group. Only weak people are ashamed of their past.

there is nothing to being proud of.. but think about athletes of India and pakistan..

Ireland left the Commonwealth after Independence.

It is history that the British ruled us, we cannot run away from it. I have no qualms with our membership to the Commonwealth, it's just a reminder that although the British ruled us once, we are now free and talk with the British eye to eye.

@Arav to think about our athletes...should forget about our freedom fighters who laid their life for our independence and secondly do we need
Commonwealth games to think about our athletes....FYI Iran is not part of CWG and still it has won much more medals in Olympics 2012 then the combine medal telly of India,Bangladesh,Sri lanka and Pakistan...

Was china ever part of commonwealth nations? Hong kong was but after handover to china its not anymore.

Nothing to be proud or ashamed of, its just another group. Only weak people are ashamed of their past.
I can expect this anwer from you as you yourself is living U.K....

But you know their is huge difference between being Ashamed of your Past and being Proud of your shameful Past...

Interesting wiki entry about commonwealth.
Members with heads of state other than the Sovereign
The issue of countries with constitutional structures not based on a shared Crown but that wanted to remain members of the Commonwealth came to a head in 1948 with passage of the Republic of Ireland Act 1948, in which Ireland renounced the sovereignty of the Crown[14] and thus left the Commonwealth. The Ireland Act 1949 passed by the Parliament of Westminster offered citizens of the Republic of Ireland a status similar to that of citizens of the Commonwealth in UK law. The issue was resolved in April 1949 at a Commonwealth prime ministers' meeting in London. Under the London Declaration, India agreed that, when it became a republic in January 1950, it would accept the British Sovereign as a "symbol of the free association of its independent member nations and as such the Head of the Commonwealth". Upon hearing this, King George VI told the Indian politician Krishna Menon: "So, I've become 'as such'".[15]
The other Commonwealth countries recognised India's continuing membership of the association. At Pakistan's insistence, India was not regarded as an exceptional case and it was assumed that other states would be accorded the same treatment as India.
The London Declaration is often seen as marking the beginning of the modern Commonwealth. Following India's precedent, other nations became republics, or constitutional monarchies with their own monarchs, while some countries retained the same monarch as the United Kingdom, but their monarchies developed differently and soon became fully independent of the British monarchy. The monarch of each Commonwealth realm, whilst the same person, is regarded as a separate legal personality for each realm.

I can expect this anwer from you as you yourself is living U.K....

But you know their huge difference between being Ashamed of your Past and being Proud of your shameful Past...
I would have said the same if I was living in france. (Lot of french would have hated me though, they always envy how british can carry forward their legacy and they cant...)

Commonwealth is a pathetic organization that was made up to give hallucinations of lost power to the British monarchy , it should be scrapped.

Bang on....Common Wealth also once Depicted GREAT Britainia and her dominion, Today Bangladesh Army has more Fire Power the Great Land of Union Jack...

other nations that should have been part of common wealth

USA

saudi arabia

rgypt

jordan etc

they arnt part of it at all

Was never proud of being a part of the commonwealth nation. But i think bangladesh must continue to stay in this organisation for a little longer cause they provide us with aid.

After we become developed, get the hell out from that organisation.

Back
Top Bottom