What's new

Are You Ready Folks ! It's That Time of The Year ! Pakistan Day fly-past rehearsals

Yeah, another thing is that Solo Turk will always have a better display then a PAF Viper.

They do that full time with a F-16 tweaked for displays. We rely on a full time combat pilot to practice for it on top of normal duties with a combat capable F-16, will never be as good, leave it to the Turks. We have plenty of JF-17s, so maybe we can create something like Solo Turk with a dedicated machine and pilot
Now they got a more junior pilot for the No. 11 demos. They want to discontinue the OC flying in the air display after last year's unfortunate incident.

And yes, the Turks can show the Pakistanis quite a lot. Should see their formation aerobatics team, which I have been hoping that they show up at Islamabad one day.

JF-17 would be a separate demo team, but having a good & dedicated F-16 demo pilot would be a huge asset.

Now they got a more junior pilot for the No. 11 demos. They want to discontinue the OC flying in the air display after last year's unfortunate incident.

And yes, the Turks can show the Pakistanis quite a lot. Should see their formation aerobatics team, which I have been hoping that they show up at Islamabad one day.

JF-17 would be a separate demo team, but having a good & dedicated F-16 demo pilot would be a huge asset.

Yeah, I guess another issue is as well as taking a pilot off GD duties (which we can probably do without harming effectiveness), it is basically taking a Viper out of action, modifying it, maybe paint job and putting some serious stress on it.

With 75 planes this may not appeal to the PAF, the Turks have 230 Vipers so can easily do this.

Another matter is surely in front of foreign dignitaries we will want to show off the JF-17? It's display may not be as impressive but we have to be seen to be pushing sales surely?

What is this? A new season of Coke Studio which must have something new. How about all other similar events around the world? Do they change every year?? Of course NOT!

If you can understand, the real value of this event is diplomatic. Those who wanted to isolate Pakistan, the roar of Solo Turk must have opened their ears and free fall of Turk, Iraqi, Palestinian, Bahraini SS operatives must have opened their eyes.

For me the best part was when Commander In chief of armed forces and COAS and all services chiefs walked to the civilian heroes present there. There we go ... something new for you. Dhol part was also new and refreshin...
For diplomatic purposes this event can be held after a gap for few years. Who is paying annually for this event? Poor Pakistanis. And do you know how much time is wasted by the participating troops for the preparation of this event? For about 1 to 2 months every year they stay away from their professional duties and training. How much resources are spent? But we are a rich nation and we can afford wasting money off course. I am not totally against this event . It is good for the keeping the young generation in touch with the history of the nation otherwise our youth know more about Bollywood heroes than Pakistan but it's frequency can be and should be reduced. But it will never happen. The elite also needs such events to keep the nation busy and to divert their attention from the real issues that plague our society. Generally the governments don't have any solid achievements to present in front of the nation so they use these kinds of days. Actions always speak louder then words. 27th Feb 2019 and 28 May 1998 raised the morale of the nation to the sky. On the other hand the frequent drone attacks in past 2 decades , Salala and abbotabad incidents greatly demoralized the nation. I remember in the past they used to claim on these parades that enemy wont dare to mess with us and sometime later there used to be a US drone attack somewhere in Pakistan. well that's another issue but still if you have achievements to show you dont need such parades often. The government can also improve it's performance and bring relief to the public and earn respect.
Everyone is entitled to his/ her opinion. IMO the parade has lost its grace and charm. The commentators talk as if some cheap circus is going on and the "dhol" part made it more of a circus. In the same way they may bring dog and bear fight and aseel rooster fight in the next parade as these are also a part of our "culture"

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess another issue is as well as taking a pilot off GD duties (which we can probably do without harming effectiveness), it is basically taking a Viper out of action, modifying it, maybe paint job and putting some serious stress on it.

With 75 planes this may not appeal to the PAF, the Turks have 230 Vipers so can easily do this.

Another matter is surely in front of foreign dignitaries we will want to show off the JF-17? It's display may not be as impressive but we have to be seen to be pushing sales surely?
That's why an operational pilot must be put on as a demo pilot. Lots of air forces and naval air arms around the world assign individuals who take time to practice a demo while also maintaining an operational status. The Belgians (Vader) and Dutch (former demo team) are good examples, they don't operate a lot of F-16s.

Having a demo team is more out of interest.

Pushing for sales I believe should be set for aerospace & defence exhibitions.

these commentators are freaking pain in ***, i had to mute it, secondly the radio chatter of sherdils the sound guy totally fucked it up, i mean wtf the audio wasn't loud enough and the rest commentators decided to screw by their screaming

meh ......
In simple words commentators nay "sir kha lia tha". They were screaming like "tateeri" (red-wattled lapwing)

Two F-16s participated for the run in, the 52D went straight while the 16B pulled up.
I wonder if this was a tribute to Noaman Akram (SHAHEED).

1616679943443.png

For diplomatic purposes this event can be held after a gap for few years. Who is paying annually for this event? Poor Pakistanis. And do you know how much time is wasted by the participating troops for the preparation of this event? For about 1 to 2 months every year they stay away from their professional duties and training. How much resources are spent? But we are a rich nation and we can afford wasting money off course. I am not totally against this event . It is good for the keeping the young generation in touch with the history of the nation otherwise our youth know more about Bollywood heroes than Pakistan but it's frequency can be and should be reduced. But it will never happen. The elite also needs such events to keep the nation busy and to divert their attention from the real issues that plague our society. Generally the governments don't have any solid achievements to present in front of the nation so they use these kinds of days. Actions always speak louder then words. 27th Feb 2019 and 28 May 1998 raised the morale of the nation to the sky. On the other hand the frequent drone attacks in past 2 decades , Salala and abbotabad incidents greatly demoralized the nation. I remember in the past they used to claim on these parades that enemy wont dare to mess with us and sometime later there used to be a US drone attack somewhere in Pakistan. well that's another issue but still if you have achievements to show you dont need such parades often. The government can also improve it's performance and bring relief to the public and earn respect.
Everyone is entitled to his/ her opinion. IMO the parade has lost its grace and charm. The commentators talk as if some cheap circus is going on and the "dhol" part made it more of a circus. In the same way they may bring dog and bear fight and aseel rooster fight in the next parade as these are also a part of our "culture"
1. Don't know why you quoted my post as I never debated on your main point i.e. frequency of this event.
2. No one can divert anyone's attention by holding an event once in 365 days.
3. NO. Parade hasn't lost its charm (don't know what even that mean) actually we have grown up now and have watched it enough times now it looks boring to us.
4. Drone attacks were from the US. Not from India against whom we always have prepared. BTW, drone attacks were also halted when we wanted them with a political will.
5. Commentators talk in a way because parade is for awam so awami language and lingustic is important. BTW can u point me a moment when commentators made a cheap comment?
6. You feel ashamed of your culture. Well I can't help you there. BTW, how militarized that Turkish brass band was? To me that was more comic ... But ask any Turk, he will tell you how dear it's to them.

Back
Top Bottom