What's new

Argentina Considering To Purchase 12 JF17C Worth 664Million Dollars

So we are going to export out top of the line fighter, when the US wont ever think of exporting F22. Open invitation to others to reverse engineer our tech.

So we are going to export out top of the line fighter, when the US wont ever think of exporting F22. Open invitation to others to reverse engineer our tech.
F35, F16, F15, F14 (albeit only to Iran), F4 Phantom and so on, were all top of the line fighters for their time, but were exported nonetheless. On top of that, to protect the national security of the country (making the jet), some capabilities have been intentionally left out when presented for export.

Months ago, the Chief of Staff responded to the request for a report from the PRO legislator, Federico Frigerio, where it became clear that the fighter of Chinese origin exceeded the requirements set by the Argentine Air Force (FAA).

The Argentine Thunder proposed by CATIC is newly manufactured (0hs), it will have an excellent AESA radar, an In-Flight Refueling System compatible with that used by the FAA, modern weapons of all kinds (including medium-range air-to-air and anti-ship missiles), state-of-the-art data linking, smart helmet, single screen data presentation, and above all and most importantly, government-to-government Yuan funding.
The cards are already on the table and in a few days the FAA will inform which is the best of the candidates in the technical-operational plane.

My own opinion and what Ive been saying for a while now is Pakistan should not be selling to Argentina, inviting UK sanctions on Pakistani defence companies would have terrible repercussions on several other projects since alot of sub components sourced there. This would also close any UK based supplier from providing components for any future JF-17 variants.

Since Argentinians pressurizing or low balling on payment China could offer them cheaper JL-9s or JL-10s.

We need the capacity for own needs and PAC should rather expedite marketing to Azerbaijan and other prospects.

Last edited:
South America countries always prefer Euro tech, it must be difficult for them to make the decision.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you somehow compared "us (Pakistan) with the US"! Love it! What's a JF-17 to an F-22? Actually, what's half the squadron of F-15EX to ONE F-22? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. JF-17 is for us built by China and now we share majority build. We are smart to sell it to others so we can get economies of scale out of this project and hopefully one day we will make "our own" fighter. Until then, it would be JFT,F-16's, J-10C, TFX or J-31 and KizilElma and Akinci. I believe this is VERY powerful enough of a force for Pakistan and this region we live in.

On a lighter note, Argentina won the FIFA WC. They deserve some JFT's to strengthen their defense like they strengthened their football team. They should place an order quickly.

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you somehow compared "us (Pakistan) with the US"! Love it! What's a JF-17 to an F-22? Actually, what's half the squadron of F-15EX to ONE F-22? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. JF-17 is for us built by China and now we share majority build. We are smart to sell it to others so we can get economies of scale out of this project and hopefully one day we will make "our own" fighter. Until then, it would be JFT,F-16's, J-10C, TFX or J-31 and KizilElma and Akinci. I believe this is VERY powerful enough of a force for Pakistan and this region we live in.

On a lighter note, Argentina won the FIFA WC. They deserve some JFT's to strengthen their defense like they strengthened their football team. They should place an order quickly.
let me make few calls to their president :)

Hi,

For those talking about that capabilities of the JF-17---just understand it in this manner.

As hard as the americans try to cancel this deal between the JF17 & pakistan---that much concern they have as to how much potent and deadly this fighter aircraft is for the region---.

If this was a nothing aircraft---US would not be offering its upgraded F16's to argentina and would not have shown so much force to have the deal cancelled---.

Back
Top Bottom