What's new

Arjun Special Report

Asim Aquil your first post wasnt too infromative and full of misconceptions.

Webmaster> Its not a failed project and i repeat that. If it got developed passed a trial and put into service you can say it has some problems,
Rome wasnt build in a day,
EXTREMELY STRINGENT ARMY MEASURES , Massive testing , failures kept them going.

It has HESH,HEAT,BMS with networking capabilty, modular construction, Armour now being upgraded with a mix of ERA and NERA (merkava/abram type of) large turret, 7 road wheels , muzzle reference system, Lahat firing capability and a lot more.

I know a person working on it and he said he cannot give us exact record of the penetration power of the Gun but he told,
It can kill ANY Tank (except latest abrahm perhaps) within 2 kms of range in world, and any tank in subcontinent within 4.2 kms+ range.

It gave India a huge industry base now many tanks can be modified and used like that,
there are talks on fitting a 155 mm howitzer on Arjun chasis.
124 has been ordered more will follow!.

Who once said about Arjuns engine, and yes hes right.
the power/weight ratio has been fixed and wish we cud have tht latest engine which germany denied.
We can always put it later though.
It lacks Air condition too, which army said isnt needed i think it is to save power?

still, i know Arjun is being inducted, 124.
But how can the entire army brass be that stupid and be against it , if it is all so great. There must be some other flaws apart from training, logistical ones. It sounds rather neat, if you know what i mean.

Asim Aquil your first post wasnt too infromative and full of misconceptions.

Webmaster> Its not a failed project and i repeat that. If it got developed passed a trial and put into service you can say it has some problems,
Rome wasnt build in a day,
EXTREMELY STRINGENT ARMY MEASURES , Massive testing , failures kept them going.

It has HESH,HEAT,BMS with networking capabilty, modular construction, Armour now being upgraded with a mix of ERA and NERA (merkava/abram type of) large turret, 7 road wheels , muzzle reference system, Lahat firing capability and a lot more.

I know a person working on it and he said he cannot give us exact record of the penetration power of the Gun but he told,
It can kill ANY Tank (except latest abrahm perhaps) within 2 kms of range in world, and any tank in subcontinent within 4.2 kms+ range.

It gave India a huge industry base now many tanks can be modified and used like that,
there are talks on fitting a 155 mm howitzer on Arjun chasis.
124 has been ordered more will follow!.

U are talking about Denil?? Yeah i heard those 2km and 4.2km figures too .

But how can the entire army brass be that stupid and be against it , if it is all so great. There must be some other flaws apart from training, logistical ones. It sounds rather neat, if you know what i mean.

DUDE! If it didnt had any problems it wud had problems.
it had lots of problems and all are OVER NOW!!

NO ONE IS STYPID ITS THE PHUCKIN MEDIA , DO YOU NEED PROOF?
I SHOWED YOU 3 INDEPENDENT REPORT FROM IPCS ETC ETC, STILL YOUR BUYING THOSE MEDIA INFORMATIONS??
SHIV ARROR HAS BEEN PROVED FAKE IN ORKUT!!

124 has been ordered more will follow plus there are two more plans If IA wants,
1> Fitting a 155 mm self propellant howitzer on Arjun Chasis.
2> Using Arjun Turret to upgrade the T series Tanks.

yeah thats rue dude, but considering the class of arjun, the govt should order like atleat 500 of these bad boys ;)

im just curious why the govt is ordering 124 tanks, its like a token order.

on another note: i hope the govt doesnt mess up using these machiens efficiently by compromising on training of crew. The tank would be as useful as a pile of junk if the crew training is not adequate to this machine. Our training program is completely different from what is required for this baby.

124 First Batch ... next MKII will use more NERA and NXRA.
Other tanks will be based on this..
we will definitely see more arjuns after this,,

An intresting point here......If it is as great as claimed....why are the army not falling over themselves to get as many as possible? (unit cost? Niggling probs with systems? logistical probs?) and by the time it finally gets put into production it could be surpassed by newer tech.)where there is smoke there fire as they say.

I doubt your friend would come and tell you "I am working on a piece of crap" I have yet to find a piece of equipment that does everything that the supplier claims.

yeah, but still, it would be the most advanced tank in S.A.

I hope ther training given is adequate and the logistics are taken care of properly.

Tank is good,but doesnt suit the IA thats what i have understood.IA didnt ask for such a huge tabk it needed to teplace the T-72s and wanted something with similar size so that it can be loaded and transported by the logistical group easily.

and by the time it finally gets put into production it could be surpassed by newer tech
It is already in production and 28 have been delivered to the army I think. Falling over yourself wouldn't boost the production rate of the Arjun. The Arjun has production problems. The Avadi lines where it is being manufactured are jammed with T-72 to be upgraded and T-90s to be assembled.

shouldnt they build ANOTHER state-of-the-art assembly line??
I mean we'v been using the avadi factory for decades and decades!

My thoughts exactly. We've order a thousand T-90S that are to be assembled in India. Avadi by itself cannot manage that unless it is drastically expanded.

dude avadi is not a single factory, these are huge factories with 100 years of gun making experiences.
dont worry about induction of Arjun.
peace!

Tank is good,but doesnt suit the IA thats what i have understood.IA didnt ask for such a huge tabk it needed to teplace the T-72s and wanted something with similar size so that it can be loaded and transported by the logistical group easily.
total CRAP!
IF IT DIDNT SUIT THEM THEY WOULDNT PUT IT ON TRIALS AND SAY HERE IS FAULT FIX IT.
THEY WOULD HAVE SAID REDUCE THE DAMN ARMOUR AND THINGS LIKE THAT.
IA KNOWS IT GOT A BEAST!!

HES MAKING NEW DOCTRINES WITH IT, AND HENCE THAT IS WHY 124 AS FIRST ORDER AND MORE WILL FOLLOW.
WITH OTHER TANKS TO BE BUILD ON ARJUIN TOO LIKE BHIM A 155 MM HOWITZER FITTED ON ARJUN.

Back
Top Bottom