What's new

Arjun tanks deployed at jaisalmer border with pakistan

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score
Arjun tanks deployed at jaisalmer border with pakistan

3_95bb12311081251.jpg

JAISALMER: The indigenous main battle tank Arjun was deployed at Jaisalmer border on Saturday. A programme was organised on 39th Raising Day of 75 Regiment and on that ocassion, Russian made T 55 tanks were given a farewell.

The regiment is the second unit in which Arjun tanks were inducted. This deployment is vital for defence and the tank will play a very important role. Lieutenant General A K Singh, GOC-in-C, Southern Command reviewed a parade of 75 Armoured Regiment. He lauded the professionalism of the soldiers. He expressed satisfaction that such a modern and sophisticated MBT was being produced indigenously.

The ceremony also marked the phasing out of T 55 tanks after 40 years of service. Many of the veterans present at the parade were moved by the departure of their trusted tank. The 75 Armoured Regiment has a unique history. It was raised in captured Pakistani territory in March 1972. After successfully fighting the 1971 war, three independent armoured squadrons were merged to create the regiment.

For the gallant actions by its squadrons, the Regiment was conferred the Theatre Honour Sindh'. The event also marked the 39th Raising Day of the Regiment. Over 100 retired officers and jawans attended the celebrations.

The delays and failures in Arjun's development from the 1990s to the 2000s prompted the Indian Army to order vast numbers of T-90S from Russia to meet the defence gap.

The Arjun features a 120 mm main rifle gun with indigenously developed APFSDS ammunition which has the capability to penetrate superior armor, one 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun, and a 12.7 mm machine gun. It is powered by a single MTU multi-fuel diesel engine rated at 1,400 hp, and can achieve a maximum speed of 70 km/h (43 mph) and a cross-country speed of 40 km/h (25 mph). It requires a four-man crew: commander, gunner, loader and driver. Automatic fire detection and suppression, and NBC protection systems are provided.

All-round anti-tank warhead protection by the newly developed Kanchan armour is claimed to be much higher than available in present third generation tanks.
Earlier, in March 2010, the Arjun was pitted against the T-90 in comparative trials and performed well.

Weighing 58.5 tons, the Arjun tank is significantly heavier than the Soviet-legacy tanks used at present by the Indian Army.

Arjun tanks deployed at jaisalmer border - The Times of India

I believe that the tanks deployed in Jaisalmer see action atleast once in two decades. It is long overdue considering that the last time they were used in anger was a long time back.

lets see those trolls come in and say arjun is a failure now!

Do you expect anything better? Do you think they don't know it? Yes, they do but they will never accept it just to troll. Don't surprise anyone on the next day claim something like that.

BTW an important input....

"75 Armoured Regiment is the only Indian armoured regiment to be raised on foreign soil during the 1971 Indo-Pak war at Gadra road (now in Pakistan)on 12 March 1972, he added. " :azn:

Arjun Tank inducted into 75 armoured regiment - The Times of India

Do you expect anything better? Do you think they don't know it? Yes, they do but they will never accept it just to troll. Don't surprise anyone on the next day claim something like that.

BTW an important input....

"75 Armoured Regiment is the only Indian armoured regiment to be raised on foreign soil during the 1971 Indo-Pak war at Gadra road (now in Pakistan)on 12 March 1972, he added. " :azn:

Arjun Tank inducted into 75 armoured regiment - The Times of India

That is an interesting fact. That the Regimental Colors were in a Honor Parade during the Raising Day Parade in adversary territory. That will be a significant part of the &% AR's regimental history.

Why these ??
They are s failue, seriously.

Could have waited for profuction of the Arjun II MBT ??
That would have been better, the engines of these can get over heated and destroyed !!

I am not saying because of as you may think 'Anti-Indian' but from Indian PoV, they are wasting these.
Their engines gets damaged and wastes money, espicially in deserts. So how can they fight if a scernario is made ??

Why these ??

That would have been better, the engines of these can get over heated and destroyed !!

I am not saying because of as you may think 'Anti-Indian' but from Indian PoV, they are wasting these.
Their engines gets damaged and wastes money, espicially in deserts. So how can they fight if a scernario is made ??

Why not?? It has been rectified and also has been pitted with the T-90 of ours and checked by a 3rd party Engineers from Isreal who titled Arjun the "Desert Ferrari" ... Now If you cannot digest the fact that Arjun has crossed the barriers which were placed in the distant past, then its upto you, All I can do is provide links... Ask me I will share..

What I have said just few minutes ago? :azn: .....

Why these ??

What I have just few minutes ago? :azn: .....

Kinetic, lets not take it any further, we know this is the best they can come up with and this the only place where they can reside there frustrations, Lets not be a part of there legacy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom