What's new

Armed Forces new uniform

sherdil76

Reaction score
I have noticed that Pakistan Armed forces are gradually changing their uniform to new camouflage scheme, would like to know if anyone has upto date info and snaps.

personally i think the new FC camo is most impressive(see attached pic), small spiky strokes in realistic light colours that matches with dry and rough terrain of baluchistan and even good for desserts. where Army's basic camo seems to be only suited for areas like potohar and interior sindh etc dry with some green bits.

ssg is still using US camo of 70s, i think we should change it too and design for greener areas of kashmir and punjab, based same pattern of FC.

and finally i never understand why Navy marines have blue colour in their camo, if thats is because of water then trust me, marines are not supposed to fight and hide themselves in water

:pakistan:

Attachments

• FC.JPG
    FC.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 624
I note the scuff untanned leather boots.

Uniforms are interesting. To my view, anything from OD green to chocolate-chip to digital take on a funky, dusty cloak after a day or so in the bush. It never seems to take long to bring it all down to some variations on a general engrained dirt theme...

I know I've come home from the boonies with BDUs that could stand on their own.:lol:

Looks "Kinda" like the Australian army Uniform. It's pretty impressive though. :tup:

It is not Army uniform, it is FC's uniform.

It is not Army uniform, it is FC's uniform.

:hitwall: enigma bhai, yehi tau keh raha hoon k ye FC ka hay, which i like most, its more close to new concept of digital camoz and has more realistic colours than army's camo which has bigger patterns and the brown colour is bit too dark(does not go with sands of thar and cholistan), though its much better than old green camo of Pak army and the new indian army's green camo.

well I also need to know if marines uniform is going to change or not, which is totally non practical? and what is for green kashmir region?

:hitwall: enigma bhai, yehi tau keh raha hoon k ye FC ka hay, which i like most, its more close to new concept of digital camoz and has more realistic colours than army's camo which has bigger patterns and the brown colour is bit too dark(does not go with sands of thar and cholistan), though its much better than old green camo of Pak army and the new indian army's green camo.

well I also need to know if marines uniform is going to change or not, which is totally non practical? and what is for green kashmir region?

Sorry dear i just missed it.

I have noticed that Pakistan Armed forces are gradually changing their uniform to new camouflage scheme, would like to know if anyone has upto date info and snaps.

personally i think the new FC camo is most impressive(see attached pic), small spiky strokes in realistic light colours that matches with dry and rough terrain of baluchistan and even good for desserts. where Army's basic camo seems to be only suited for areas like potohar and interior sindh etc dry with some green bits.

ssg is still using US camo of 70s, i think we should change it too and design for greener areas of kashmir and punjab, based same pattern of FC.

and finally i never understand why Navy marines have blue colour in their camo, if thats is because of water then trust me, marines are not supposed to fight and hide themselves in water

:pakistan:

I think there is a general misunderstanding about the uniforms in use. Its a fairly expensive affair to change uniforms Army wide, and when that happens, quite a lot of thought goes into it.

That said, currently the Army has three different uniforms in place. You have the Khaki which is still worn by the Senior officers but troops in the field are not wearing it. Most of the formations have switched on to the new earth tone CCDs. The exception to this case is the Force Command Northern Areas (X Corps) which continues to wear the woodland pattern camouflage due to the terrain they operate in (green, mountainous areas).

There is a difference in what the troops wear ceremoniously vs. what they wear in the field. The SSG like the rest of the Army has always worn the same uniform as the rest of the Army. Their camouflage smocks aside, the uniform of the SSG has always been Khaki, the only difference was that their slacks were always tucked into the boots.

SSG wear the same CCDs as the rest of the Army now. However they, unlike other units, have a requirement to operate all over the country and in different roles. Thus there are quite a few different uniforms including the new CCDs, woodland pattern camouflage, khakis, black overalls (this is the uniform of the CT operators) etc.

Navy Marines also so have different uniforms. As I do not know much about them, I will refrain from stating what the reason for the blue hue is.

Here are some pictures of the SSG in the new Army CCDs as well as in their woodland pattern camouflage and khakis:

This one shows a good comparison of the new Army CCDs as worn by the chief and the SSG woodland pattern CCDs.
b3757866dc127bde0cd01479cda3a2b9.jpg

This one shows the SSG operators in their new standard Pakistan Army CCDs training with Turkish SF. In this picture at least you can see how well the new CCDs blend in with the terrain (which is fairly common all over Pakistan):

c2f18d0943c9d3b73a8ec8c42502bb8c.jpg

20d47e0f424a451b27af490222565b05.jpg

SSG MoE team (CT) - Black overalls
a5e0e04dbae3e590d8c1c9f06af0314d.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the detailed info, but still confused why armed forces have so may different uniforms i.e. as you said army has three combat ready CCD (Camouflage, Concealment and Deception) uniforms the new earth tone(basic), US M81 woodland(special Ops) and local woodland(Kashmir, X corps). where khaki is still formal in Army.

but if you look at combat dresses of those who patrols our borders i.e FC and Rangers, they all have defferent camo patterns, and are not even same to any of above.

for instance, FC now shifting to new (very impresive and practical) camo pattern, Punjab Rangers have plain khaki (which is also better than old army khaki) and sindh rangers have american chocolate chip desert pattern, i hope thats not from american surplus.

i do understand changing uniform is not an easy task but changing it without realising its pro n cons is not wise and waste of resorces and may end up with unnessery casualties.

and that applies to not just armed personals but equipment too. and bet Pak army has no defined colour codes for equipment. just for example AlKhalid and Alzarrar are build in same factories but have different colours though it seems green and khaki but they are not same so if they define certain colours, that would be easy for every one, in factories, in fields and workshops and save costs indirectly.

indeed standardising could help saving costs and lives as well!

Attachments

• PunjabRangers2.jpg
    PunjabRangers2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 203
  • PunjabRangers.jpg
    PunjabRangers.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 180
  • SindhRangers.jpg
    SindhRangers.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 321
in the future their will be uniforms that can change their color like the skin of a chameleon. ultra flat LED screens on the uniform that will be the future.

in the future their will be uniforms that can change their color like the skin of a chameleon. ultra flat LED screens on the uniform that will be the future.

nobody would believe it now but surely bendy LCDs are already invented and will be in market very soon:coffee:

but still some improvements should be made in PA uniform

yes i agree with you, i think combat redy dress should be designed and adapted according to different terrain and envionment of Pakistan. i.e. what i have observed that presnt Army earth tone CU(combat uniform) is good for rough, damp areas of NWFP and northern punjab, FC uni is best suited for desserts of southern Punjab and Sindh bordering India and aslo good for dry rocky terrain of Baluchistan.

I personally think Army should redesign something for Kashmir and other green zones. Distinctive dress of any military are intended for identification and display a sign of organized army.

so why cannot we creat our own rather using the left over stock of US or any other... and i bet any art graduate can design it, its not a rocket science but then implementing would be difficult but gradual change is always easier and safer than complete switchover and if GHQ really wants to do it, the X corps dress can be changed within a year if they hold their decision to buy expensive staff cars.

Nothing is impossible! but Will is the determining factor (Sherdil76) :agree:

The new dress is very impressive. It shows a change and provide better camouflage. Pakistan Army had the old dress that inherited from Subcontinet soliders after partition who fought second world war for Britian's.

striteke-markus1.jpg (75.2 KB) Sweden
2-sighting-systems.jpg (44.6 KB) German
20pstan-inline-650.jpg (47.2 KB) USA
user52863_pic5606_1219595726.jpg (93.6 KB) USA
post1311199072545ta1.jpg (46.8 KB) Chinese
thought i would share!

Attachments

• striteke-markus1.jpg
    striteke-markus1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 589
  • 2-sighting-systems.jpg
    2-sighting-systems.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 20pstan-inline-650.jpg
    20pstan-inline-650.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 180
  • user52863_pic5606_1219595726.jpg
    user52863_pic5606_1219595726.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 161
  • post1311199072545ta1.jpg
    post1311199072545ta1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 159
I think this new news digital SCU with webbing, boday armour etc could suit Pakistan Army as its taken on the pak/afghan border?
20pstan-inline-650.jpg (47.2 KB) USA

Back
Top Bottom