What's new

Army set to try more lethal T-90 tank

In answere to a few posts on possible tank battle scenario on India's western front, India has two two tank corps positioned from Ganganagar to Rann of Kutch. Where as Indian thrust would be cut Pakistan into two anywhere from Multan to Sukkur, hence Pakistan has no choice but to meet these armoured thrust in Southern Punjab and Sind.

That means tank battles will most likely take place in open expanse of Rajasthan and Sind desert. It is there that Arjun tank would be a hunter killer. Arjun is classified as desert Ferrari by the Israelis.

Other tank battles like in 1965 and 1971 would be in Jammu Sialkote- Sakargarh sector and Lahore - Kasur sector where Pakistan has major, major defences like tank ditches etc. That is where T-90 is most useful.

In the big picture Indian army would use a mix of each Arjun & T-90 and T-72 for each battle. That would keep the Pakistani planners confused with which Ammo to be used on which tank. Current Pakistani shells cannot penetrate the Arjun Armour, but missiles can. Hence it becomes a logistic nightmare for the Pakistanis.

Still Pakistani Army is way ahead of Indian Army. The only thing i would admit is our Air force and Navy, on the other hand being way behind....

About your Anti Tank inquiry, we have plenty of them and have developed smart systems for it.
then start your practice match with your al khalid tanks.

Still Pakistani Army is way ahead of Indian Army. The only thing i would admit is our Air force and Navy, on the other hand being way behind....

About your Anti Tank inquiry, we have plenty of them and have developed smart systems for it.

Hmm, Indian Army has one of the the world's largest and most varied inventory of anti-tank weaponry.

-- Invar
-- Milan
-- Konkur
-- Kornet
-- Spike

Coming soon : NAG , Javelin

So good luck with PA ATGM arsenal ....

Hmm, Indian Army has one of the the world's largest and most varied inventory of anti-tank weaponry.

-- Invar
-- Milan
-- Konkur
-- Kornet
-- Spike

Do we have Spike.....?

Do we have Spike.....?

Customer : Indian Army
Vendor: Rafael
Value :$ 1 billion

Deal :
-- 321 Spike launchers
-- 8,356 missiles
-- 15 training simulators

This was news from last year.

As always , Indo-Israeli arms purchase stay away from the limelight and in the background most of the time.

-- Invar
-- Milan
-- Konkur
-- Kornet
-- Spike

Javelin is in use with the PARA regmt (AIRBORNE and SF)- has been for a few years now.

What measure are you basing the PA's superiority over the IA? Size, defienatly not. Tech, certainly not. Budget-no way, resources-nope.

Seriously how do you come to this baffling and entirely wrong conclusion??

He must have confused BSF with IA:rofl:

I'll like to see the look on his face when BSF acquires howitzers in the near future.

@Indians:
chal maff kardo bhai meree jan chordo. Tousee Great ho ab Khush? :cheesy:

He must have confused BSF with IA:rofl:

I'll like to see the look on his face when BSF acquire howitzers in the near future.

i couldn't stop laughing at this post. :rofl:

@Indians:

Its no joke.

BSF is looking to acquire mobile/self-propelled howitzers mounted on trucks for itself,
like this one -

And FYI, BSF already has a no. of 105mm howitzers and 81mm heavy mortars in its arsenal
that it can use when it pleases.

@Indians:

Please raply to my post #37.

Its no joke.

BSF is looking to acquire mobile/self-propelled howitzers mounted on trucks for itself,
like this one -

And FYI, BSF already has a no. of 105mm howitzers and 81mm heavy mortars in its arsenal
that it can use when it pleases.
The IA is looking to procure such SPGs but not the BSF!

Please raply to my post #37.

The IA is looking to procure such SPGs but not the BSF!

Ive learnt from Prasun K Sengupta that BSF already has howitzers.

Border clashes and unprovoked firing incidents are always resorted to by the Pakistan Rangers, for instance, and not by the Pakistan Army. The same goes for the India-Bangladesh border. Only up north are the ITBP, SSB and Assam Rifles face-to-face with the PLA. The BSF not only has 105mm howitzers, but also 81mm mortars

TRISHUL: More DEFEXPO 2012 Highlights

And ive heard from another offline source that BSF will buy a no. of SPGs for itself.

Ive learnt from Prasun K Sengupta that BSF already has howitzers.

TRISHUL: More DEFEXPO 2012 Highlights

And ive heard from another offline source that BSF will buy a no. of SPGs for itself.
I am aware the BSF already operates such equipment but I am not too convinced they will go for SPGs-now that would be interesting though!

Any ideas what SPGs the BSF are looking at?

For namesake only it was inducted.IA MBT still and will always remain t-series ones. thar desert s doesnot see that many tank battles.Tank battles will mostly be concentrated around jammu-sialkot sectors,plains of punjab and northrn rajasthan around ganganagar sector.And arjun will hardly be deployed in these sectors due to weight issue and canal defenses in pakistan.

Can you ever use your skull before making comments? If weight is not a problem in the sands of Rajasthan ,then how the hell will it be a problem in other regions ? Are you seriously that stupid? Even a kid can tell you it's easier to move a tank on hard plain ground as compared to vast swathes of sand dunes where the tank's weight might cause it to sink or get stuck in the sand.

I am aware the BSF already operates such equipment but I am not too convinced they will go for SPGs-now that would be interesting though!

Any ideas what SPGs the BSF are looking at?

IA is now running an RFP for new SPGs, and BSF will buy a no. of the same type that IA selects.

Back
Top Bottom