What's new

Army to get six heavy-duty Apache attack helicopters

Beggers fighting over the world's most advanced (and expensive) attack helicopters, I want to be this kind of begger.......
Thank u for accepting Apache is expensive but not invincible remember that in Iraq 70 year old man brought Apache down with a we 2 single shot gun so don't jump like idiots

Thank u for accepting Apache is expensive but not invincible remember that in Iraq 70 year old man brought Apache down with a we 2 single shot gun so don't jump like idiots
Feeling a bit insecure are we? Do you see anyone jumping here? We are having a perfectly reasonable discussion and you are busy calling India's armed forces crude and demeaning names.....

Paltry 6 Apache and India thinks it can win a war over China and dancing by opening a thread like this?

Lol

As I said earlier if it is false story , ultimate loser is India,both financially and politically. It's good thing for our enemies like you,Pak and chinese.so you should dance out of joy.

Thats your own assumption.
And assumptions are mother of all the mess-ups.
People assume things and form opinions.
Opinions are formed sans facts. Once you have facts, you don't need any opinion.

That's not an issue, existing IAF Mi-35s are co-deployed with IA formations and are under the IA's full battlefield authority over the attack helos. The IAF's attack helo SQNs are well integrated with the IA.

The IN has entirely seperated itself from any other branch and is expanding their aviaton arm entirely in-house.

The first shots fired in Operation Desert storm were by US army Apaches taking out Iraqi radar sites, the IAF is very much interested in this role.

The IA has 90 Rudra on order.

Of course, it will be designed to their specifications just like the ALH, LUH, LCH and IMRH and will have automatic orders from the outset. The Indian military won't be sitting still, for the forseeable future they will be expanding just as the defence budget grows (considerably after the 2020).

A minimum of 39 Apaches are promised to the IA but they would like 50.

This deal is making use of the follow-on clause contained within the IAF's Apache deal, 6 Apaches will allow the IA to kickstart the training and infrastructure development for 3 SQNs (1 each for the Strike Corps) whilst the larger deal for IA Apaches is worked out seperately. It was impossible to meet the IA's demands in full (39+) with the follow on clause, this is a good comprimise and a surprisingly dynamic decision from the MoD- by the time the IA's full Apache order begins landing in India they will already be well versed in operating the Apache.
SEAD role is not going to work in indo pak settings

Thats your own assumption.
And assumptions are mother of all the mess-ups.
People assume things and form opinions.
Opinions are formed sans facts. Once you have facts, you don't need any opinion.
It's simple logic man.

It's a fact, people will dance after seeing your enemies morale goes down.

Here I am afraid many soldiers would die and you are talking of dance parties?
Tell Modi to retreat to save war.

@Abingdonboy Can you please tell why are we spending too much just for only two frigates?
I guess the reason India is buying these frigates at such an expensive price even though we kinda mastered the art of building frigates, corvettes and destroyers is to maintain the bilateral relationships. If not, I see no reason why India is willing to spend a bomb on them

Back
Top Bottom