What's new

Army to seek 20 SuperCobra helicopters from US

i dont know what is the probleum with indian members and if we do anything like that we got banned i think moderator here is indian friendly any way i hope indians should be calm and collective i think for tot the best option is Tiger helicopter and french will provide us

Pakistani cobra helicopters have been extensively used in FATA/Swat against Talibans. Their extensive usage have resulted in early aging of helicopters, which were actually held for anti armour operations. Now, when these helicopoters are employed in FATA, they are comparatively in a low threat enviorment, as compared to when deployed on eastern frontier, against Indian armour. My suggestion is that, the present fleet of 30 odd cobras shoulkd be dkept for operations in FATA, while any new procurement of attack helicopters (AH-1W/Z or A/T-129), these helicopters shoubd be dedicatedly kept for eastern threat. so there potential life be preserved for use against Indian Army. the present fleet of cobras is enough for dewaling the Talibans and we sould not poke any newly procured helicopter straight into Rahi Nijat/Rast.

Pakistani cobra helicopters have been extensively used in FATA/Swat against Talibans. Their extensive usage have resulted in early aging of helicopters, which were actually held for anti armour operations. Now, when these helicopoters are employed in FATA, they are comparatively in a low threat enviorment, as compared to when deployed on eastern frontier, against Indian armour. My suggestion is that, the present fleet of 30 odd cobras shoulkd be dkept for operations in FATA, while any new procurement of attack helicopters (AH-1W/Z or A/T-129), these helicopters shoubd be dedicatedly kept for eastern threat. so there potential life be preserved for use against Indian Army. the present fleet of cobras is enough for dewaling the Talibans and we sould not poke any newly procured helicopter straight into Rahi Nijat/Rast.

I agree I am suprised why we have not got 40 Apache , or More cobras 80 or 90 cobras new ones to launch attacks vs Talibans

It makes no snese to use our existing helicopters which are meant for defence from Indian side -

US should really be serious in fighting this war on terror , our 20 helicopters are not enough to over whole border , we need 80 helicopters Apache - to patrol and neutralize the talibans -

e402f534dcad363562cab8ed61f2ba7b.jpg

it goes down to proper lobbying in Washington.....that is why we have Service Attaches there.

Apache is a damn good choice, but its cost prohibitive. We dont have time for integration and re-integration. We need the crafts on immediate basis; and we are most experienced with these ones

Col. Z Ahmed was our former military attache in Ankara. I remember being told that we have delegation still reviewing the Turkish options. These things take time though. So far, havent heard much else

Instead of working our so called weak lobby we should buy them from 40+ choppers from turkey and 60-80 from the chinese to maintain both quality and quantity,plus economy as Turk chopper will be expensive and chinese one will be relatively affordable and BEST of all no US pressure that might effect TURKEY in sale of there indegenous choppers.

thats an option for medium to long run....

but we are talking about war-footing priority basis.....that means NOW.

For now, these would suffice.

American Cobras are tried and tested platforms with long experience in combat operations and operational experience by Pakistani pilots.

Inducting Chinese and Turkish Gunships will take around 7-10 years and they would be a good option if we were not in a war.

Our needs are urgent and we need Super Cobras for combat operations in FATA.

are Super Cobras identital to AH-1W?

will there be room for future upgrades, such as US plans for the AH-1Z Viper

I think since we are a Non Nato Ally ,

I don't see why Pakistan cannot get

a) 40 Apache
b) 20 Apache , 80 Cobra
c) 100 Cobras

I mean we are talking about the whole BORDER area from our Kashmir to Baluchistan , tones and tones of mies to covers

This should be a priority for US to give us these with our F16 and frigates , I mean our soliders are in it in the middle of things and

This is time for them to get support

If US agree to sell us Super cobra Gunships so better to sell all old fleet to other country with US agreement and go for 80 Super Cobra Gunships with more Bells for close airsupport like 41 series.

I think since we are a Non Nato Ally ,

I don't see why Pakistan cannot get

a) 40 Apache
b) 20 Apache , 80 Cobra
c) 100 Cobras

I mean we are talking about the whole BORDER area from our Kashmir to Baluchistan , tones and tones of mies to covers

This should be a priority for US to give us these with our F16 and frigates , I mean our soliders are in it in the middle of things and

This is time for them to get support

the only reason that the US is reluctant to give us such extensive hardware is because of the fear that the chinese will get their hands on it! so giving out apaches is more or less an impossible scenario but then again proper lobbying will get us what we want!

I think since we are a Non Nato Ally

Please wake up from that deep slumber, do you think US gives a sh*t. “Do more” phrase often uttered by Americans is now familiar to almost every Pakistani, however US has always been shying away when it comes to fulfilling Pakistani demands for provision of military equipment necessary for "War on Terror" including the much needed attack helicopters.

Please wake up from that deep slumber, do you think US gives a sh*t. “Do more” phrase often uttered by Americans is now familiar to almost every Pakistani, however US has always been shying away when it comes to fulfilling Pakistani demands for provision of military equipment necessary for "War on Terror" including the much needed attack helicopters.

Its just common sense, because would you send in 14 soliders, in a jeep to chase down Talibans ? Who are armed with grenade launchers other dangerous arms they can easily lead you into mine infested trap areas which they know how to track and avoid...

The only solution is 80 Helicopters , it takes 2-3 years to train 1 solider so its a very valuable aseet to Pakistan Army

People in Congress have to know realities , just becasue , we have 20cobras that does not mean they can cover like 10,000+ miles on just one side

That is alot of territory for 20 cobras to cover so the 80 new helicopters are MUST -

So 10 of them can be placed every 4,000 miles to track any movement of vehicles and unauthorised vehicles

Your those friends do not insult you in their support packages, neither they send under-cover forces like BlackWater, Xe and Dynacore to spy on you or kill your countrymen, nor they support insurgency against you, plus when they are in your country, they act like guests of yours and not Masters. They respect you and you respect them back.

Between Pakistan and American, its like they feel they are our gods, they own Pakistan but are letting Pakistanis live in it for some reason, they can insult us, our mothers, daughters and children and their blood is thicker than ours and they have right to insult our leadership/military generals and parliament anytime. They support the people countrymen hate the most including dictators and most corrupt politicians and air VOA at prime time in-spite of knowing this program only irritates our countrymen even more. When they think they have produced enough hatred, they "tip" the country with 20 helos that are expected to arrive 6 years down the road and expect everything has been neutralized. Your friends are surely better then who we consider as friend.

Honestly speaking, we are always in "trade" with American. If there is somebody who we call friend then its China and we are proud to have China as friend.

No malintent intended, but someone would treat you as shabbily as you allow them to. The reason US or Russia, do not treat India this way is that we do not accept any gifts(read aid) with strings attached as we dont need any (at least now). In past when we did, it was never at the cost of our national interests. E.g., 1971 when we were hugely dependent on Loans/Aid from the world bank( US controlled) and were still able to resist the US pressure (both economic and military.. military with no little help from Russia) on the war with Pakistan.

Any friendship formed on the basis of one way movement of help/favors is destined to fail. Because of this reason only I have little hope for Pakistan - Chinese relations as well. As it was US in 1980's to contain USSR, for Pakistan, it is China at this point who is using Paksitan as a proxy against India. By tying up India and Pakistan against each other by expending so little in terms of aid/JVs/support for Pakistan, China is able to strech the resources of its nearest competitor (though China is leading by a huge margin) in the Asia region without any stress at all on its political or financial capital. Once that need of China is over, history may just repeat it self for Pakistan. I hope its not the case, but wont bet against it.

cheers

Karan..

Back
Top Bottom