What's new

“As a man is, so he sees...”

al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
2m7uib7.jpg

This photo taken by Reuters on a rain-soaked day in Riyadh shows the kind of unwanted intrusion women have to face in public places. These youths seem to be staring at two women who are busy talking on their mobiles on a busy street in the capital. According to a report, Riyadh witnessed the highest number of sexual harassment cases last year at 650. Last month a videotape showing about 20 men harassing five young women at a Dhahran mall sparked an outpouring of anger on social media sites. The two-minute video showed young men verbally abusing and at times aggressively touching five young women wearing abayas and headscarves at the Mall of Dhahran.

The Council of Ministers approved on Aug. 26 the law to prevent domestic violence. In Article 1 of the law, there is a definition of violence: “All forms of exploitation or physical and psychological abuse or threat, committed by one individual on another.” Altogether, there are 27 Articles in the law.

The second Article of the law mentions the goal of “guaranteeing protection from various kinds of abuses.” The penalties for abusers include fines of up to SR50,000 and imprisonment for up to one year.
According to a report, out of the 2,779 sexual harassment cases reported in one year, 1,669 involved Saudis. The report also confirmed that non-Saudis contributed to 39.9 percent of sexual harassment cases.

Jeddah reported 250 cases, the Eastern Province saw 210 cases, Makkah had 180 cases and in Madinah, 170 cases were filed.
– SG

Saudi Gazette - “As a man is, so he sees...”

:disagree:

We must be better to protect our beautiful and clever Saudi Arabian women although the numbers are small compared to all the world's countries of a similar population. Still not good enough. Show even more respect for woman should be a worldwide slogan.

Do anyone have the data of reported "sexual harassment cases" from across the Middle East and Arab world? Or Muslim world? I believe that number in KSA is very small compared to all other countries.

I mean something similar to a homicide rate per 100.000 person by country x or y.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course all the numbers from any given country are probably not the whole truth since many of such sexual harassments probably never get reported, seen or witnessed.

Just out of curiosity. I know that the problem is HUGE in Egypt without putting that country in bad light if any Egyptian neighboring brother or sister is reading this. The Egyptian users on this forum even admitted the problem.

Can anyone help? Can't really find anything in Arabic.

You are trying desperately to censor dissent and any opinion that isnt positive to the saudi arabian terrorist regime. and when you dont get what you want you try and have people banned. the moderators dont work for you nor are they saudi arabian censors so you can give it a rest. this only makes you look scared for your life. not a good look
I am against that law which is not even a law to begin with like over half of the Saudi Arabian population.

But clearly an attempt to derail a constructive thread.

Anyway.

Yes, that is with all due probability @GoodoldBoy or one of his many other usernames.

Quite pathetic that you are still around despite all the bans. Do you think that people here are stupid? Even if you are using a proxy, which you probably are, then know that you will ultimately get banned anyway. Will just make our life a little more harder/annoying but the ban hammer will fall down on you anyway.

You think that people are stupid here and can't sense a obvious double user/troll or detect a similar writing style and similar points and sudden inactive users appearing after bans of certain users to continue the same rhetoric of those banned users?

All a coincidence of course. All of them writing to me as well. LOL.

Or being active in all the threads that your previous user was active in writing similar things?

:lol:

@Zakii, @Jungibaaz, @Oscar, @Aeronaut, @WebMaster

Pleaste take a look at the IP address of the user @Therealtruth, the recently suspended @GoodoldBoy and the user @Mr. Justice

Can you spot people using proxies btw?

Thank you all in advance.

Don't try to protect women. I think this is where the problem arises. Give women enough power to protect themselves. In a time when women are considered equal to men, I see no reason why only women should be protected. By trying to "protect" what you do is imposing unnecessary laws that are against basic human rights.

Don't try to protect women. I think this is where the problem arises. Give women enough power to protect themselves. In a time when women are considered equal to men, I see no reason why only women should be protected. By trying to "protect" what you do is imposing unnecessary laws that are against basic human rights.
Thank you sir. These are my sentiments exactly. For some reason, these wahabi arabs seem to think of women as children that need to be told what to do, how to do it, what they can and cannot do. Women arent stupid nor are they children. Give them their basic human rights, give them their freedom from male servitude and then maybe these cheuvanists will learn to truly respect women as equals not as retarded children that need special protection. Its really sad how backwards the thinking is in some parts of the world.

Those annoying guys in the photo, although that is common it usually doesn't get farther than that. Being raised in the land your Prophet lived how could you not be ashamed knowing his tomb is right around the corner.

I hate guys like this. I advocate beating them and threatening them. I've seen someone in Gaza pull a gun a two perverts harassing girls and it was the best thing ever.

Yes the basic human rights.....thats an issue i found a few reports which are very disturbing

image.jpg

This is the link to it

Women's rights in Saudi Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is another thing which is worrying in Saudi Arabia that rape cases usually target both the defendant and the victim and in some cases, the victim can be sentenced to even harsher punishment than the assailant.If this is true then half the rape cases must not even be getting reported for the fear of the court sentencing harsh punishments.
Girls are not allowed to participate in sports in school.And i dont understand why???

The fact remains that a girl would not be allowed to drive a car or perform such basic tasks as opening a bank account or travelling overseas to scale her next peak without her father's permission, under the kingdom's so-called guardianship laws.
The issue of male guardianship under which a woman is subject to male supervision and permission from cradle to grave in everything from leaving the house to leaving the country is particularly entrenched.Traditionally viewed as a protection (as @Azizam had quoted) governs nearly every aspect of a woman's life.....including her ability to marry or even to undergo medical treatment.

Grand Mufti Abdulaziz Al al-Sheikh....the most senior such cleric and far from the most conservative has opposed women working and driving and has said letting them into politics may mean "opening the door to evil"....and his statement shocks me.
But King Abdullah who turns 90 this year has diverged from the clergy's path several times in the past years such as in late 2011 when he gave women the right to vote and run for office in local elections starting in 2015.And this gives hope that in near future things will turn around.

The issue is not just in Saudi arabia, but the world over.Not one country can claim 0% violence against women.The crime ranges from rape, honor killings to domestic violence etc etc.
The women in the so called developed and modern societies too can not escape the wrath....

What are they even looking at? Only the eyes of the woman is visible and the guys are still acting like a perv. What would happen if the woman revealed more?
These kinds of things happen in all societies, and specially in developing countries, unfortunately.

What are they even looking at? Only the eyes of the woman is visible and the guys are still acting like a perv. What would happen if the woman revealed more?
These kinds of things happen in all societies, and specially in developing countries, unfortunately.

:D it was rain-soaked day . The breeze should have been the culprit

Male hormones makes this behavior natural amongst the youth. These are 2 young men on the bike. They seem to be admiring two beautiful young ladies. Even though the ladies are practically covered from head to toe, they clearly are two very attractive ladies. The boys don't seem to be harassing the ladies just admiring them. How can that be immoral ?

Dont you think they act like perv. because they almost never see any female except of relatives?

In this situation even a uncovered arm can provoke such behavior. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom