What's new

ASEAN, China talk on East Sea (SCS)

because they think you are drilling in their EEZ, this is exactly what you are thinking.

EEZ is not sovereignty by the way, and Vietnam penetrates more into Philippines's EEZ, even close to Phillippines's Palawan coast, that's unacceptable.

So let's look at the map of the 9 lots where China wants to invite bidding for oil exploration,
How It's strange! LOL on chinese!

:lol:

20120628100408_map-oil.jpg

because they think you are drilling in their EEZ, this is exactly what you are thinking.

EEZ is not sovereignty by the way, and Vietnam penetrates more into Philippines's EEZ, even close to Phillippines's Palawan coast, that's unacceptable.
Do you know the meaning of EEZ from UNCLOS 1982 ??And you think those block are inside China's EEZ ?? What kind of rule is this ???Can you prove it belong to China ??
tq_khieu-khich.jpg

BTW: You blame VN-Phil to drag US in SCS(east sea), so will you blame china to drag US's oil company in too ??Or you're scare that chinese here will get angry and abandon your country ??

The US will stress "engagement and cooperation" with China at security talks next month in Southeast Asia, where nations are wary of getting caught up in a superpower rivalry, Kurt Campbell, assistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, said on Wednesday.

US to 'engage' with China - Globaltimes.cn

Good! ASEAN, China and the U.S. can work together to resolve dispute SCS, ensuring regional security.
I hope China to respect Vietnam's EEZs under UNCLOS1982 which China has signed and ratified.

The US will stress "engagement and cooperation" with China at security talks next month in Southeast Asia, where nations are wary of getting caught up in a superpower rivalry, Kurt Campbell, assistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, said on Wednesday.

US to 'engage' with China - Globaltimes.cn

Thanks for the posting that link. From above article:

Geng's remarks came as the US holds its largest ever RIMPAC, or Rim of Pacific Exercise-naval maneuvers involving Pacific countries, in Hawaii with other 21 nations. However, China, North Korea and Pakistan are not among the participants.

"The US is absolutely pursuing a policy of containing China," said Robert Farley, assistant professor at the Patterson School of Diplomacy and International Commerce at the University of Kentucky. "It's not to the same institutional degree of US policy containing the former Soviet Union, but I think the US is just trying to send such messages."

Interesting perception.

I just went to the forum of this news website and found this interesting discussion going on:
[Discussion] How to PEACEFULLY and PERMANENTLY resolve the disputes in the South China Sea - China Political & Defence Forum - Global Times Forum - Discuss China, Discuss the world

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
06-04-2011, 10:34 AM #1
fw360
Master Sergeant

South China Sea conflicts: How to PEACEFULLY and PERMANENTLY resolve them
Most recently there is another set of flare ups of disputes in the South China Sea among China, Vietnam and Philippines.

I think we, all citizens of the world, need an “outside-of-box solution” to PEACEFULLY and PERMANENTLY resolve the current “sticky” territorial claim conflicts in the South China Sea. This will avoid another set of endless battles, bloodsheds and unrests in the world. The regional peace will allow countries involved to focus on the economic well beings of their own citizens.

Here is my initial thought to kick off the discussion:

1) Ask the United Nation to be the arbitrator for all the countries that have ownership claims known today.
2) Since these are islets have no permanent residents, it is really an issue of resources and economic benefits from this area. So I propose, with all the claimants, to form a corporate structure where this corporation is owned by the claimants. It is similar to the “New York and New Jersey Port Authority” where the resources and revenues are shared by the two states and also similar to some multinational authorities now exist in ASEAN. This multinational sovereign organization can be called, for example, "South China Sea Authority".
3) United Nation is the platform to debate and determine the size of ownership of the corporation by each country... based on historic and current facts and references. E.g. China (x%), Vietnam (y%), Philippines (z%), etc, etc.

What do you think?

Whoever it came from I think the above is an excellent idea. May be we should open a new thread to see what people think about this idea to solve the SCS dispute. There is three pages of discussion in above link, the quote above is the OP. If we can use our creativity, all problems have some solutions.

3) United Nation is the platform to debate and determine the size of ownership of the corporation by each country... based on historic and current facts and references. E.g. China (x%), Vietnam (y%), Philippines (z%), etc, etc.
China: 0 (zero) % of shoals, islands. EEZ around Nan Hai isl only
Vietnam: Paracel and Spratly islands :EEZ
Phil: scarborough shoal, EEZ.

Whoever it came from I think the above is an excellent idea. May be we should open a new thread to see what people think about this idea to solve the SCS dispute. There is three pages of discussion in above link, the quote above is the OP. If we can use our creativity, all problems have some solutions.

Yes, the Philippines government has proposed a similar solution. However, only Vietnam supported that, China has opposed.
China always insist that it only agrees bilateral negotiations with individual ASEAN countries....

What is ACCEPTABLE term by yours mean? Are you fresh enough to determine what is the term ACCEPTABLE and UNACCEPTABLE before its could goes any further?

To me and at least (not last) you should drop your "friendship" thinking before you could entering to its. Will you?

What, no they don't.

_48951920_south_china-sea_1_466.gif

Or even in another claim map they still don't intersect except for the disputed area. (And why is the PH EEZ so rigid)

Ownership_Claims-Middlebury.gif

Philippine and Vietnam EEZs are far from each other. The only place they overlap is over Spratlys, thus the dispute. But Vietnam-Philippine relations regarding the disputes are friendly, we even have joint naval patrols in Spratlys. At the very least, the Philippines are not at all threatened with Vietnamese presence in the Spratlys. Vietnam isn't the one giving out warnings and threats like candies. Nor are they claiming areas that are clearly inside the non-disputed Philippine territory.

PHL, Vietnam navies to jointly patrol Spratlys

Very good, Kalayaan. I'm happy if VN-PH governments closer, understanding and mutual respect.
And I strongly believe that all disputes between the two countries would be resolved peacefully in a spirit like that.
The two countries PH-VN agreed to joint patrols in the Spratlys is a long step, praiseworthy and encouraging.

Vietnam-Malaysia also solved the problem, the evidence that we have done the common registration the two countries' EEZs to submit to the UN, and has a joint venture oil and gas work in overlapping areas between the two countries.

I think the VN-PH should strengthen their solidarity with each other to counter the bullying of the bad boy in the region....

We call on negotiation and explore together for decades, but nobody answer
today we plan to explore in SCS, It's a little late but I'm happy to see some ASEAN countries want to sit and negotiate now

Capture235.png

I suggest china to table talk to these country in 6 different table. if you talk in 6 different table then it is a chance to solve this problem.but their is no space for 3rd country in any table
Table No 1 china and Vietnam
Table No 2 china and Philippines
Table No 3 china and Malaysia
Table No 4 china and Brunei
Table No 5 china and Malaysia
Table No 6 china and Indonesia

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom