What's new

Asia Cup: ACC rejects BCB's final over plea

Pak123

Reaction score
ACC Chief Executive Ashraf-ul Haq told Geo News that the field umpires didn't report about the incident and as per laws their note of concern was necessary. 'The chapter is now closed for the ACC.'

The council has also informed both the boards about the decision, the CE said.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Sunday expressed disappointment with Bangladesh for considering appealing an incident in the last over of the Asia Cup final which they believe cost them the match.

Bangladesh Saturday said it would appeal to the ACC to review the last over, accusing Pakistani paceman Aizaz Cheema of deliberately blocking batsman Mahmudullah Riyad from taking a second run.

Pakistan beat Bangladesh in a thrilling final on Thursday by two runs to lift the four-nation Asia Cup.

PCB director Intikhab Alam called Bangladesh's stance "disappointing".

" It's really sad and disappointing to hear the statement from the BCB official," Alam said.

"It was a thrilling final and everyone praised Bangladesh for their fight and their decision to appeal is just an after thought after the result.

"The fact of the matter is that no match umpire of referee complained about this to Pakistan management and Bangladesh's complain will spoil a wonderful final which everyone enjoyed," said Alam.

BCB said it would seek five penalty runs for deliberate obstruction and a reversal of the result in their favour.

"We have seen video footage of the incident repeatedly. It is clear that Cheema blocked Riyad deliberately," Enayet Hossain Siraj, chairman of the BCB operations committee, told reporters.

"We will lodge a written appeal to the ACC very soon and will also give a copy to the International Cricket Council."

Bangladesh is currently considering an invitation to tour Pakistan for a limited over series next month.

They sent a delegation to assess security arrangements in Pakistan for the tour but said a final decision will only be made by the country's government.

Should Bangladesh go they will be the first Test playing nation to tour Pakistan since terrorist attacks on the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore three years ago.

The attacks, which left eight people dead and seven visiting players and an assistant coach wounded, suspended all international cricket in Pakistan as teams refused to tour the troubled country because of security fears.

Asia Cup: ACC rejects BCBs final over plea

Sad to see that its taken so long to bring to anyone's attention. There are 2 on field umpires, a third umpire and also a match referee and they didn't find anything abnormal.
If this is so important to Bangladesh and they feel so so upset about this then Pakistan should just hand them the trophy. If they believe this was a deliberate act then you are kings of conspiracy.Jeeeez

As it was expected, there was nothing in the plea... But what a shame BCB has earned, acted more like sore losers.. Guys you are playing international cricket, realize the fact sooner than later.

Bangladesh are my 2nd team yaar but their behavior regarding this matter saddens me. I genuinely wish them well and they had a fantastic set of games and are now competing with the big boys of cricket. Some things go your way - some things dont we simply get on with it and accept it but to bring it up now is a bit cheap and trashy. Anyway they will still be my 2nd team good luck to them..

Bang cricket team crying. oh come on get some sportsman's spirit or stop playin cricket...LOOZERS....

What ever damage was meant to be done is done? BCB didn't care about cricket at all but they wanted was to screw
relations with PCB and please their masters. PAK invited us twice to play in their country and both times it 3 tests and 5 ODIs
while a certain neighbor never invited us at all. As I said before this BAL assholes are a curse on our country.

What ever damage was meant to be done is done? BCB didn't care about cricket at all but they wanted was to screw
relations with PCB and please their masters. PAK invited us twice to play in their country and both times it 3 tests and 5 ODIs
while a certain neighbor never invited us at all. As I said before this BAL assholes are a curse on our country.

who is BCB's master ?

Probably it was RAW agents in BCB behind this to divert the attention from India not reaching the finals :rofl:

Any Tom,Dick,Harry,BCCI,RAW,Bigfoot or Martian won whom they can pass the buck,without any burden of proof or that person/persons bothering enough to prove otherwise.

Sometimes I believe that BD is a proxy state of India the way they blame everything on India.

It was hilarious to see Bangladeshi cricketers crying after loosing as if that was the last match they ever played & then asking for a rematch ...god what were they thinking , what kind of sports person are they ? this shows how hollow & weak they are ..if they cant digest a normal defeat how come they expect to ever get a fair treatment fro others when they themselfs are so baised .....im waiting when some bangladeshi fan brings in BCCI & india into it to score some points

Winning Moment Final Pakistan vs Bangladesh Asia Cup 2012 |Highlight| - YouTube

just hear the background music in stadium after defeat

Sometimes I believe that BD is a proxy state of India the way they blame everything on India.

They are not the only ones my Friend.

Expertise,innovation and training have travelled from West to east (on the globe) uptill now.Why should this be an exception.

Bangladesh !!!! Listen its Enough for you Now , First Pakistan took the Title of " KING OF ASIA " and won the asia cup by defeating you , now why you are Injuring yourself More then what Pak Cricket Team already did to you lolx ... Have Mercy on yourself and Please Save the Remaining Respect you have left with by Just " Shutting Up " and Practice Hard for next time ! hahaha ....

Back
Top Bottom