What's new

Asian Colleges Gaining Respect, Report Finds

u know IITians get top preference in US institutes. IF u dont know the reality, it is much easier to get into the TOP 10 US universities then it is to get into IITs.

it is so tough that for many aspirants the top US universities is a BACKUP if they dont make it to IIT.

for many getting to US top universities is a cake walk but they cant get into any IIT.

so dont beleive. I am not here to GET a RANKING from your magazine. :lol:

of course your country is going to take over from us as no 1 ranking in population size but not in ranking of academic excellence globally.your resources are spent for getting the no 1 ranking in arms imports but not in education which lead to keen competition @ college admissions. if the people are in science and academics, they know how important scholastic publications are and they won't fool around saying cluelessly that not getting ranked is because these rankings and publications are "BS"!

of course your country is going to take over rom us as no 1 in ranking of population size but not in ranking of academic excellence globally.your resources are spent for getting the no 1 ranking in arms imports but not in education which lead to keen competition @ college admissions. if you are in science and academics, they know how important scholastic publications are and they won't fool around saying easily not getting the ranking is because these rankings and publications are "BS"!
man the only point is,

I am happy with ur rankings for u chinese.

and I am happy with the fact that IITs are the TOP talent producer in the world. (ranking or no ranking :lol: )
and that IITians are ruling and reaching the top everywhere and that no one can match the IITians talent in the world.

man the only point is,

I am happy with ur rankings for u chinese.

and I am happy with the fact that IITs are the TOP talent producer in the world. (ranking or no ranking :lol: )
and that IITians are ruling and reaching the top everywhere and that no one can match the IITians talent in the world.

I think indians do learn some humility! Now you get your ranking as no 1 of self inflated egos!

chinese dont teach about humility. and then IITs are good they are.

of course we are taught in humility by the Great Confucius.
You are fully qualified for the brass section of all the top symphony orchestras of the world blowing your own trumpets. I think the muscial world should recognise this prominent indian attribute!

chinese dont teach about humility. and then IITs are good they are.

Wait, if Indians are smarter, why are their universities leagues behind their Chinese counterparts? Why do Indians earn less than 1/4 of the average Chinese income? Why is the Chinese economy growing faster even though India triples the Chinese population growth rate?

Indians are dumber and poorer. No point denying reality.

Wait, if Indians are smarter, why do Indians earn less than 1/4 of the average Chinese?

the IIT grads earn 100x more then the Chinese.

and u know why everyone manufactures in China? because no one would work at the salary (and terrible conditions) poor chinese work for.

Wait, if Indians are smarter, why are their universities leagues behind their Chinese counterparts and why Indians earn less than 1/4 of the average Chinese per capita income?

Indians are dumber, and poorer. No point denying reality.
u need a loudspeaker? go get one, get on top of mount averest and shout. if ppl still dont listen to u then go to mars. :lol: (as no one listens to dumb chinese fake/copied views/claims)

IIT's do not too badly in terms on Employer Reputation.

wow, my school is horrendous in employer rankings! on page 12 and got beat by schools like University of the Philippines and Florida State even though we're a top 30 physics, top 20 chemistry, top 20 computer science school!

wow, my school is horrendous in employer rankings! on page 12 and got beat by schools like University of the Philippines and Florida State even though we're a top 30 physics, top 20 chemistry, top 20 computer science school!

rankings. No one looks to them when they search for top talent. I can tell u of schools in top 100 which are useless but u will find them in all top rankings.

Seriously, why are we even arguing about this. Who in the right mind would want to attend an Indian university? :blink:

China does need to keep improving the education, though. Less bureaucracy, politics and more academic focus would help the universities grow. We should also be more open on absorbing foreign talents as well.

Seriously, why are we even arguing about this. Who in the right mind would want to attend an Indian university? :blink:

China does need to keep improving the education, though. Less bureaucracy, politics and more academic focus would help the universities grow. We should also be more open on absorbing foreign talents as well.

typical right wing mentality. gotta get foreigners in there, cuz Chinese just ain't good enough. Gotta get "talent" like Michael Pettis in here to teach worthless brainwashing financial crisis economic theory. Gotta let foreign brands destroy domestic brands, gotta let rampant capitalism sell our whole nation to the multinationals. End result will be a nation of servants with a few middle managers making crumbs off the table of Wall Street and thanking their masters for the crumbs.

typical right wing mentality. gotta get foreigners in there, cuz Chinese just ain't good enough. Gotta get "talent" like Michael Pettis in here to teach worthless brainwashing financial crisis economic theory. Gotta let foreign brands destroy domestic brands, gotta let rampant capitalism sell our whole nation to the multinationals. End result will be a nation of servants with a few middle managers making crumbs off the table of Wall Street and thanking their masters for the crumbs.

An open society is a sign of confidence. A closed society is a sign of weakness. Bringing foreign talent has always been China's greatest strength. Think - Tang Dynasty. China can be the new melting pot of the world.

An open society is a sign of confidence. A closed society is a sign of weakness. Bringing foreign talent has always been China's greatest strength. Think - Tang Dynasty. China can be the new melting pot of the world.

Tang didn't have wolves. China was very much on her own development and it was a great dynasty.

China was openly trading with Europe, having a supreme trade balance with UK which ignited the Opium War and the subsequent destruction of my country.

With the wolves lurching @ every corner of you premises waiting for the chance for the first bite and then an all-out attack, you need to be very very concious! Open policy is not as simple as it sounds. It is a deep concept which requires careful strategic calculation.

rankings. No one looks to them when they search for top talent. I can tell u of schools in top 100 which are useless but u will find them in all top rankings.

workers @ 7/11 don't even need much of an education.
when you want to enter into an institution of higher learning for a position in research / teaching, the interviewing panel sure will take into consideration of rankings. "useless" is for those who don't qualify.

Back
Top Bottom