What's new

Asian Games 2018: indian athletes

Tea addict

Reaction score
Country
India
Vinesh Phogat creates history by becoming the first Indian woman wrestler to win gold at the Asian Games. She beat Japan's Irie Yuki 6-2 to win the gold medal in women's 50kg freestyle wrestling
e2fd2717824377b81a989e8b543523ac.jpg

@Skull and Bones @Robinhood Pandey @ranjeet she is one of the contender for gold in 2020 olympics too.. She was even leading in 2016 Olympic semi final but was injured during the bout and had to forfeit.

Vinesh Phogat creates history by becoming the first Indian woman wrestler to win gold at the Asian Games. She beat Japan's Irie Yuki 6-2 to win the gold medal in women's 50kg freestyle wrestling
e2fd2717824377b81a989e8b543523ac.jpg

@Skull and Bones @Robinhood Pandey @ranjeet she is one of the contender for gold in 2020 olympics too.. She was even leading in 2016 Olympic semi final but was injured during the bout and had to forfeit.
She was on top of her game, congratulations to her. Bajrang Punia is also going strong, although he got in a tangle in the final against the Japanese werstler but won it comfortably in the end. Vinesh and Bajrang will definately bring medals in the next olympics.

She was on top of her game, congratulations to her. Bajrang Punia is also going strong, although he got in a tangle in the final against the Japanese werstler but won it comfortably in the end. Vinesh and Bajrang will definately bring medals in the next olympics.
If Sushil does not end with a match against jordon burroughs before the semis in 2020, he can also bring medal.. Wrestling is going to be strong point of indians in future since the investments are only starting to come from the government. I see now days desi wrestlers are being checked by high tech sensors to assist in their training by foreign coaches.. Follow a guy named Wayne Lombard on Instagram and you will see how things have changed in last 5 years.. He trains many indian athletes in fitness. The high tech equipment part is mostly is in stories.

If Sushil does not end with a match against jordon burroughs before the semis in 2020, he can also bring medal.. Wrestling is going to be strong point of indians in future since the investments are only starting to come from the government. I see now days desi wrestlers are being checked by high tech sensors to assist in their training by foreign coaches.. Follow a guy named Wayne Lombard on Instagram and you will see how things have changed in last 5 years.. He trains many indian athletes in fitness. The high tech equipment part is mostly is in stories.
Sushil is past his prime I believe, age has caught up with him. He has served Indian wrestling enough now he must retire gracefully.

Sushil is past his prime I believe, age has caught up with him. He has served Indian wrestling enough now he must retire gracefully.
Past his prime but still the best we have in 74 kg category.. Praveen rana is young and lost only with a small margin against him but I don't think he can bring Olympic medal.. Sushil has done it twice in 66 kg category and I think he can do it if things go well in 74 kg category too as Hassan yazdani now plays 84 kg and only jordon burroughs and geduev left in 74 kg.

Sushil has become so old and rusted.
Didn't even conceded a single point in Commonwealth games 2018.. Agreed there are no wrestling powerhouse iran, Russia, Azerbaijan and other countries of caucasus mountains but still that is impressive.. He is old, but still better than youngsters like Praveen Rana who came close to beating him..

Indian women making all of us proud. you go girls ! :smitten::smitten:
The first gold medal of 2018 asian games was also in wrestling by their male counterparts. And many bouts are still to happen.. But kinda agreed indian women wrestling has matured in very short period.

She could have done it in Rio Olympics if it wasn’t for that Chini wrestler, who broke her ankle! She was going really well till then winning all her bouts comfortably & was leading in points when she pulled out injured!

The first gold medal of 2018 asian games was also in wrestling by their male counterparts. And many bouts are still to happen.. But kinda agreed indian women wrestling has matured in very short period.
Overall Indian women have made tremendous achievements. I remember in commonwealth games recently more medals were won by Indian women than Indian Men.

Professionally managed federations...

There is an saying in wrestling... "Pehelwan chhati pe maar de, par peeth pe maat marna"... Remember NarSinghYadav and Praveen Rana case...

In northern India, wrestling is a reverent game...

Overall Indian women have made tremendous achievements. I remember in commonwealth games recently more medals were won by Indian women than Indian Men.
Well wrestling is dominated by Iranians, chechens, circassians, Azerbaijanis and many other countries from the same region.. Indian men face those with relatively very less resources and still do more than expected.. Indian women don't have to face those powerhouses as their women don't wrestle.

There is an saying in wrestling... "Pehelwan chhati pe maar de, par peeth pe maat marna"... Remember NarSinghYadav and Praveen Rana case...

In northern India, wrestling is a reverent game...
Yeah felt really bad for NarSingh, I hope he makes a strong come back.

Back
Top Bottom