What's new

Asian Games medal tally 2010 shows China's dominance in world sports

This thread was started at the sole intention of bashing India...it i not about how well China does in the olympics
The world knows how much the Chinese have improved...
some of these Pakistanis can not fathom being outsone by India in almost every sport including cricket...and all the games from CWG to asian games to the Olympics...so they use chinas supreme performance as a means to get back at India...
had this thread been started just to showcase and applaud the Chinese achievements...we'd all have had something constructive to say...
As far as our medal tally is concerned...it is going in the right direction be it any event...

So who could explain why India surpassed England while it could not make it for the Asian games and completely failed.
well I have an explanation...the CWG was rigged just as the Asian games were...if you believe the former...there is no reason for you to overlook the latter...

p.s:-tastless thread.

Last edited:
not yet ,but Asia is breaking through:yahoo:

China's Yan Zi and Zheng Jie win first Grand Slam

Liu Xiang sets new world record in 110-meter hurdles

Zhang Lin becomes 1st male champion for China

Park Tae-hwan wins 400 freestyle

Breaststroke king Kitajima wins another gold

what's Chinese performance in popular sports namely football, cricket, hockey, tennis etc etc. sorry but winning golds in synchronized diving etc dont make you leader in world sports.

most popular sports need lots of $$$$ to put in......

Last edited:

I don't see why you feel any need to justify China's sports performance to him.

A nation of 1.1 billion, a full 1/6 of humanity with a record of 1 gold and 2 bronze at the last Olympics (and how many of those medals are in "popular" sports)

China is way ahead of India in Sports. There is nothing wrong in giving credit where it is due

I don't see why you feel any need to justify China's sports performance to him.

A nation of 1.1 billion, a full 1/6 of humanity with a record of 1 gold and 2 bronze at the last Olympics (and how many of those medals are in "popular" sports)

Let's not forget till the Seoul Olympics China's medal count was only one or two gold medals per Olympics and my guess is that its population was also a billion at that time...see its good that your country is dominating sports at the moment but to simply bash other countries does not suit a member like you. Dats why I am replying to you and not other countrymen of yours. If you had cared to analyse India's performance in major sporting events in recent years then you would realise that India is on an upswing. Wait for a few more years my friend and hopefully you find us giving you a run for your money.:cheers:

Let's not forget till the Seoul Olympics China's medal count was only one or two gold medals per Olympics and my guess is that its population was also a billion at that time...see its good that your country is dominating sports at the moment but to simply bash other countries does not suit a member like you. Dats why I am replying to you and not other countrymen of yours. If you had cared to analyse India's performance in major sporting events in recent years then you would realise that India is on an upswing. Wait for a few more years my friend and hopefully you find us giving you a run for your money.:cheers:

Was merely responding to someone who's own insecurity lead him to try and belittle what others have worked for.

First a correction on your figures. Indeed Seoul was a poor performance for China but it still nets 5 golds and a total of 28 medals.

Here's a table of China's Olympic record

It goes gold silver bronze total then ranking

1984 Los Angeles 15 8 9 32 4
1988 Seoul 5 11 12 28 11
1992 Barcelona 16 22 16 54 4
1996 Atlanta 16 22 12 50 4
2000 Sydney 28 16 14 58 3
2004 Athens 32 17 14 63 2
2008 Beijing (host) 51 21 28 100 1

and my opinion of India's sports program is that unless the government organizes and funds large scale sports program similar to those in the US and China, it will be unlikely that India can improve on its record.

what's Chinese performance in popular sports namely football, cricket, hockey, tennis etc etc. sorry but winning golds in synchronized diving etc dont make you leader in world sports.

Please follow sports news and document urself a little before vomitting non sense. In Tennis, Na Li is actually the 10-12 World Best female player as per ATP ranking, while Zi Zheng regularly tops the top 30. Chinese female hockey team is in the top world 5. Regarding football India is far below China in the FIFA ranking and China B football team had beated France World Cup team 1-0 one week before the start of the South African World Cup. With regards to Cricket, it is a typical English sport which is played only by commonwealth countries and it is unknown in US, EU, Russia etc. that is in almost every part of the Globe except in the ex colonies of Imperial Britain that is India. Cricket is a sport played by Bollywoodaydreamers and in each world cup, it is Australia which makes it while India could not even cap the semis. :sick::sick::sick:

Alright, guys!

Admitted that India is weak in sports, admitted that China is strong in sports, but just be kind and humble to the less competent ones, especially they don’t show any malign.

Just remember the day when the Chinese were called “the sickman of East Asia”. And even now, still there are lots to be done by the Chinese in non-competing field: obesity, three-highs (blood pressure, blood fats, cholesterol), etc, are getting more rampant among Chinese...

Is Indian style of big-mouth so contagious as to be contracted by some Chinese… m’afraid may be…

Be humble and nice. That's the way the Chinese way.

shame on those arrogant guys!what do you try to prove?china done well at sports and india don't,and so what?:angry:
别那么高傲,别人还以为中国人都这么高傲自大!:angry::angry:

Last edited:
Well.... Pakistanis are Leaving No Chance to Criticize India , Little Knowing that they are embarrassing themselves.... Its a Very Well Known Fact that everyone Gets a Home Advantage Besides China is Good At Sports Than not Only India But also Most other Global Competitors... In Commonwealth Games We Stood 2nd among 54 compared to 46 nations in the Asian Games....

So , Its dependent on the Morale of the Players and A Lot depends on the skill and the Talent of the Individual Which both India and China have and Have proved it to the world in terms of Commonwealth games and For China in Olympic and Asian games ... But the Criticizer has Always Fixed the Spot Coming last May it be From Asian Games to Olympics

look who started the thread
i always say that ppl of pakistan have lost the identity of being pakistani their new identity is anti indian they are not bothered about pakistani medals but they are laughing at indians

Alright, guys!

Admitted that India is weak in sports, admitted that China is strong in sports, but just be kind and humble to the less competent ones, especially they don’t show any malign.

Just remember the day when the Chinese were called “the sickman of East Asia”. And even now, still there are lots to be done by the Chinese in non-competing field: obesity, three-highs (blood pressure, blood fats, cholesterol), etc, are getting more rampant among Chinese...

Is Indian style of big-mouth so contagious as to be contracted by some Chinese… m’afraid may be…

Be humble and nice. That's the way the Chinese way.

There are more Aids infected in India than in China, Heart disease is more prevalent and acute in the Indian population than in China and obesity is mainly due to new lifestyle based on consumerism. India is the no 1 country with no sanitation and toilets, No1 with no carbages and refuse collection and I prefer not mention street defae.....No 1 weapons importer etc:rofl::rofl::rofl:

There are more Aids infected in India than in China, Heart disease is more prevalent and acute in the Indian population than in China and obesity is mainly due to new lifestyle based on consumerism. India is the no 1 country with no sanitation and toilets, No1 with no carbages and refuse collection and I prefer not mention street defae.....No 1 weapons importer etc:rofl::rofl::rofl:

And I wonder Why Pakistan Is Listed In the top 10 Failed Nations??? :lol:

Try to put up some articles to support my arguments: not the time for the Chinese to be complacent. Sorry, they are in Chinese.

专题:国民体质因何而降

中国已是名副其实的竞技体育大国。但很少人知道,中国也是世界上国民肥胖率、心血管疾病发病率、国民亚健康率名列前茅的国家。其实,对普通人而言,体育不应该是竞技比赛的同义词,其最重要的功能莫过于帮助我们成为优秀的公民。然而,除了提供围观素材,长久以来,体育甚至并未让我们变得更加健康。

一、“见跌不见涨”的国民体质
10年来中国人体质持续走下坡,青少年肥胖率猛增近50%
…
中国1.6亿人患高血压,超重等“慢病”上升速度越来越快
…
20年中国人人均预期寿命增长仅5.1岁,远低于日本
…

二、国民是否健康,与全民体育是否发达有关
原因一:人均体育支出不足600元,买运动服等实物消费占大头
…
原因二:人均体育设施占有率低,约59%体育场馆为不对外开放
…
原因三:中小学体育设施普遍不达标,体育沦为应试教育“杂科”
…

结语:“全民体育”最本质而朴素的理念,是让每个人都拥有最起码的强健体魄和健康生活。而在一个现代社会里,体育必须得到普及的深层原因,还因其将有助于增强现代社会的公民意识。归根到底,只有让所有人参与到体育运动中,才能让体育在促进国民体质改善上的独立价值体现出来,而这是竞技体育所带来的荣光无法替代的。

¹úÃñÌåÖÊÒòºÎ¶ø½µ_ÍøÒ×ÐÂÎÅÖÐÐÄ

武汉公务员因应酬多脂肪肝发病率超50%Î人¹«ÎñÔ±ÒòÓ¦³ê¶àÖ¬·¾¸Î·¢²¡Âʳ¬50%_ÍøÒ×ÐÂÎÅÖÐÐÄ

LOL! May we say the 2nd case is of Karma?

Why are people taking pot shots over India. India won 4 more gold medals last time and overtook Thailand and Uzbekistan from 2006 to finish 6th instead of 8th. This was achieved when some of our best sports people could not participate. While we concede that we are no where near China, Pakistanis have no reason to be happy. They are lucky Indian women did not participate in cricket otherwise Pakistan would have been below Mongolia in the medals tally.

Back
Top Bottom