What's new

Ask your question about Iran

I understand and i hope you are not in trouble after saying this

It's ok bro. I live in London. Also Iranian government may not be as dictatorial as you may think!

The reason why I don't want to discuss it is because I don't want to cause division amongst pro Islamic Republic and anti Islamic Republic Iranians here.

But as stated by quite a few members, reforms are necessary.

It's ok bro. I live in London. Also Iranian government may not be as dictatorial as you may think!

The reason why I don't want to discuss it is because I don't want to cause division amongst pro Islamic Republic and anti Islamic Republic Iranians here.

But as stated by quite a few members, reforms are necessary.
i remember before our revolution in egypt if any one said anything about the government on the streat or the internet he expect any minute to be arrested and no one would know where he is or when is he coming out so i thought it is like this in iran anyway my best wishes for iran

I have a few questions in mind:

- What does your government think of Zoroastrianism in your country? Does it feel proud of your pre-islamic culture?

- If your government is proud of your past, does it not mind a modern day Iranian muslim to convert to Zoroastrianism? Is he or she allowed to do that?

- Since it is about Iranian nationalism, why has your government not reverted to the ancient culture (Zoroastrianism) of your country and instead adopted a foreignc(read Arab) religion's sect as a cultural identity?

Please answer this seriously as I am very much interested to know Iran's opinions on these.

I have a few questions in mind:

- What does your government think of Zoroastrianism in your country? Does it feel proud of your pre-islamic culture?

- If your government is proud of your past, does it not mind a modern day Iranian muslim to convert to Zoroastrianism? Is he or she allowed to do that?

- Since it is about Iranian nationalism, why has your government not reverted to the ancient culture (Zoroastrianism) of your country and instead adopted a foreignc(read Arab) religion's sect as a cultural identity?

Please answer this seriously as I am very much interested to know Iran's opinions on these.
-zoroastrianism is a respectfull and allowed religion in Iran.and zoroastrians have their temples in Iran.the gov is proud of both era.atleast its mentioned in school books.
-unfortunately,in Iran,muslims can not change their religion.
-you have mixed the culture and the religion.Islam belongs to muslims not Arabs

Why does Iran wants to be part of SAARC? While SAARC is useless and Iran is not South Asia

I understand and i hope you are not in trouble after saying this
I don't think he refused to talk about revolution because he is scared government.I can talk about a revolution 3 pages here,there is no problem.No one is actually being arrested over these kinds of comments,you find tons of them in Facebook and twitter.

-zoroastrianism is a respectfull and allowed religion in Iran.and zoroastrians have their temples in Iran.the gov is proud of both era.atleast its mentioned in school books.

Thanks for the answer.

-unfortunately,in Iran,muslims can not change their religion.

But why is that? If they are proud of their heritage (Zoroastrianism was the ancient religion), then why not revert to that despite knowing its existence? I mean many countries that embraced Communism or other form of ideologies and have lost their ancient traditions and religions have no choice but Iranians know that their ancient religion that originated in their own land still exists.

Then why not adopt it back? It will increase Iran's pride 10 times more.

-you have mixed the culture and the religion.Islam belongs to muslims not Arabs

But Islam was initiated in a land that was not Iranian and had nothing to do with Iran right?

If you had no religion of your own, then it made sense to adopt. But why do this when you have a history of your own?

Just curious to know.

Thanks for the answer.

But why is that? If they are proud of their heritage (Zoroastrianism was the ancient religion), then why not revert to that despite knowing its existence? I mean many countries that embraced Communism or other form of ideologies and have lost their ancient traditions and religions have no choice but Iranians know that their ancient religion that originated in their own land still exists.

Then why not adopt it back? It will increase Iran's pride 10 times more.

But Islam was initiated in a land that was not Iranian and had nothing to do with Iran right?

If you had no religion of your own, then it made sense to adopt. But why do this when you have a history of your own?

Just curious to know.
-you are wellcome
-its why the gov needs reforms.everyone should choose his/her religion himself.
-cmon...GOD has sent his prophet not only for guiding the Arabs.In my opinion GOD has updated the religion.first zoroastria,second judaism,third christendom and the last update is Islam.we respect our history but it doesnt necessary means that we should be zoroastrians too.

1. Regarding electricity, what has Iranian governments done to increase spare capacity and wastage in the transmission network?
2. It been reported that in 2010 that Iran had 137 dams under construction and 546 planned. What is the latest update regarding these figures?
3. Iran has one of the lowest taxation ratios to GDP. What measures has the government taken to address this problem? Do you know the estimated loss revenue by this problem?
4. What are Iranians opinion regarding population? Larger Iran, Smaller Iran or stable Iran?
5. Can Iran refine its own Oil? If so, can you name and list the refineries?
6. What percentage of Non-Oil exports regarding total exports? Can anyone provide figures?
7. Has the Iranian government emphasized on a diversified economy?
8. Iranian women already wear Hijab loosely, do you ever see in the near future a relaxed of the Hijab law or even making it not mandatory anymore?
10. Can I get a breakdown of the sources of revenue regarding the Iranian government budget? How much is from corporate tax and personal income tax?

1. Regarding electricity, what has Iranian governments done to increase spare capacity and wastage in the transmission network?
2. It been reported that in 2010 that Iran had 137 dams under construction and 546 planned. What is the latest update regarding these figures?
3. Iran has one of the lowest taxation ratios to GDP. What measures has the government taken to address this problem? Do you know the estimated loss revenue by this problem?
4. What are Iranians opinion regarding population? Larger Iran, Smaller Iran or stable Iran?
6. What percentage of Non-Oil exports regarding total exports? Can anyone provide figures?
8. Iranian women already wear Hijab loosely, do you ever see in the near future a relaxed of the Hijab law or even making it not mandatory anymore?
10. Can I get a breakdown of the sources of revenue regarding the Iranian government budget? How much is from corporate tax and personal income tax?

Man, they might need to write pages :-). Good questions indeed. Bolded one was some thing which i appreciate and wanted to know more. Is that really true that Iranians built so many dams? Plus i read that youth population reduced in Iran.

Man, they might need to write pages :-). Good questions indeed. Bolded one was some thing which i appreciate and wanted to know more. Is that really true that Iranians built so many dams? Plus i read that youth population reduced in Iran.

Lol, I know. I’m thoroughly interested in Iran and wish the best for the nation. However, since I don’t speak the native tongue or read it, it’s near impossible to get facts about the country. I either obtain it from bias sources(World Bank, IMF, The Guardian and so son) which are hostile to Iran or Press TV which Iranian news agency more focused on global events. So finding the figures and numbers can be quite hard, I know some of the figures roughly but need clarification :)

What is the general perception in Iran towards ayatollah khomeini?

Also, what kinds of music are popular in Iran? Are there piano and other instrument classes?

1.I think i said it in another thread,one of our problems is wastage,in fuel,natural gas and electricity.However,it has been improved after the subsidy plan,but we still lag in this part.Having so much resources makes us cursed.I think the situation is improving,government tries to encourage people for a reasonable usage of energy,also it's renewing the old transfer lines.That's a pretty hard job though considering the size of Iran.
2.Your numbers are wrong.Where did you get them from?It's 93 dams under construction and 173 at study and planning stage.546 is too much!Iran doesn't have that much of rivers.
3.Please read my reply to question number 4 in post #180.Our taxation system sucks.They have done many things to improve it,but still there are very problems in it.Many people easily evade paying taxes,especially,the rich ones.
4.I think a steady growth is best option for us.Iran has the youngest population in the world,but unfortunately,they are slowy aging,families rather to have less babies.An extensive plan can solve this problem.
5.Of course!Iran produces a lot of petroleum products and exports it.Also,we produce more than 90% of needed gasoline in the country.We couldn't do that in 4-5 years ago.
Iran has 9 major refineries in these cities:Tehran,Abadan,Tabriz,Kermanshah,Shiraz,Esfahan,Lavan island,Arak,Bandar Abbas.
6.in 2011,Iran Iran non-oil exports reached almost $44 billions,while in 2011,oil exports amounted for approximately 83-85 billions since oil prices didn't change very much from 2010 to 2011,which means Iran's non-oil exports are almost 35% of total export.
Iran
Iran Oil - exports - Economy
7.Of course,that's their main goal.Iran has an extensive development plan called Iran 1404 or Iran 2025,at that year,Iran should be the most powerful economy in ME,also largest producer of science and technology in ME,Africa and Central Asia.Also,Iran should decrease its dependence on oil to a minimum level until 2025.There are some difficulties in the way,sanctions is the major one.Also,it's assumed that no war will happen until that year.
8.I don't think so,but I completely support free Hijab for all women.It's way better than current situation.I hope this happens.
9.???:P
10.I couldn't find the exact figure.I will put it here if I find them.But as I explained,our tax system still lags,it shouldn't be very much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom