What's new

Asus Google Nexus 7 for 199 pounds

They changed that with the new Jelly Bean update to Android.

Now you have to install drivers, which is annoying but it works. That's why I prefer to just transfer over the wireless network instead of using USB cables.

I hope they bring back the plug and play in later Android updates though.

You should encourage him to buy Huawei tablet...

You should encourage him to buy Huawei tablet...

Asus is fine, I like to buy anything from the PRC (such as Lenovo or Huawei) or the ROC/Taiwan (such as Asus and HTC).

As long as it has China in the name (PRC/ROC) then I feel it is patriotic to buy from them.

Ad-hoc wifi does not work. Since you are buying the wifi version, you can connect to your wifi router, but if you need to connect to your laptop using the ad hoc network, it is not supported. It can connect to my phone hotspot though.

Hi, to solve the problem there is an alternative.

- use Connectify...download it from google play [people say it has problems but I did not come across any problems yet] But you need your laptop to be turned on all the time.

To tell you the truth i tried Ad-hoc in Windows 7 and it is giving me problems but in windows 8 its easy and fine.

- Or try WiFi Manager for Windows and Android

Hi,

Using it for last three months. Since, everyone will say good things about it, let me tell you my list of missing features :

1. Ad-hoc wifi does not work. Since you are buying the wifi version, you can connect to your wifi router, but if you need to connect to your laptop using the ad hoc network, it is not supported. It can connect to my phone hotspot though.

2. Leap wifi app is broken in android 4+. So,it is an android problem.

3. File sharing with your laptop will be pain. It is no plug and play( I use Linux). Windows may work seamlessly though I guess. Use SSH droid app.

Any more issues are welcome.

Thanks

You can share your computer's wi-fi - just not in ad-hoc mode - you need a software like mHotspot and it should work.

That's strange, I'm using Chrome browser right now on Jelly Bean and the flash is working perfectly.

I guess maybe you're talking about the stock internet browser, not Chrome. But Chrome is a thousand times better than the stock internet browser, and it is automatically built in to Jelly Bean as well.

Actually stock browser in android have flash support in android devices with version below 4.0 ice crean sandwhich while mobile chrome dont have built in flash support unlike desktop chrome so its strange how you are using flash content within mobile chrome browser ? did you installed adobe flash player 10/11 ? even adobe removed flash players from google.play/market

Actually stock browser in android have flash support in android devices with version below 4.0 ice crean sandwhich while mobile chrome dont have built in flash support unlike desktop chrome so its strange how you are using flash content within mobile chrome browser ? did you installed adobe flash player 10/11 ? even adobe removed flash players from google play/markets

That's strange indeed.

I've been using Flash on Chrome for ages now (since the Jelly Bean update) with no issues. It can play flash files in the middle of the webpage, or expand it to fullscreen, no lag at all either way.

I think maybe they updated it recently, because when I check on the internet they seem to agree with what you said.

There are some workarounds like this one:

Install Adobe Flash Player on Jelly Bean devices | How To - CNET

But I haven't done any of that, so it's quite confusing why it works on mine. :blink: As soon as Jelly Bean updated, I just started up Chrome and immediately had it.

Ah, OK I found an article that explains it.

No Flash for Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, users | ZDNet

You may not have noticed at the time but Adobe told us back in February that Flash Player would not not supported on Android 4.1 and users should uninstall Flash Player prior to upgrading to Android 4.1, Jelly Bean. Adobe was serious. There will be no Flash for Android 4.1.

Some of you may be thinking that this isn't a big deal because Flash is supported in Chrome. This, after all, is how Adobe continues to semi-support Flash in Linux. Specifically, Adobe is working with Google on a single application programming interface (API) for hosting plug-ins within the browser. The API, code-named "Pepper", provides a layer between the plug-in and browser that abstracts away differences between browser and operating system implementations. Pepper is currently an experimental feature in Chrome.

So either Chrome now supports flash by itself, or (more likely) I simply forgot to uninstall my old version of flash player before I updated to Jelly Bean.

Anyway, it works so I'm happy. Since your device will come pre-loaded with Jellybean, you can use the workaround in the previous link, or wait for them to officially support the feature.

That's strange indeed.

I've been using Flash on Chrome for ages now (since the Jelly Bean update) with no issues. It can play flash files in the middle of the webpage, or expand it to fullscreen, no lag at all either way.

I think maybe they updated it recently, because when I check on the internet they seem to agree with what you said.

There are some workarounds like this one:

But I haven't done any of that, so it's quite confusing why it works on mine. :blink: As soon as Jelly Bean updated, I just started up Chrome and immediately had it.

you are lucky then :D

Have some test like opening youtube/daily motion website and play videos within browser to see if they work fine within.browser.. i tried this in s3 of my friend but it did not play any flash content be it live video link or youtube. he could only play youtube video with youtube app just like in ios but he did installed adobe players from some website as you cannot get it from google play..now he is able to play some flash contents thats the reason i am still stick to ginger bread in my s2

you are lucky then :D

Have some test like opening youtube/daily motion website and play videos within browser to see if they work fine within.browser.. i tried this in s3 of my friend but it did not play any flash content be it live video link or youtube. he could only play youtube video with youtube app just like in ios but he did installed adobe players from some website as you cannot get it from google play..now he is able to play some flash contents thats the reason i am still stick to ginger bread in my s2

Yeah I figured it out, it must have carried over from my previous version of Android, since I didn't get the notice to uninstall flash player before upgrading to Jelly Bean. :no: So it's still there.

Therefore I must be running on an old version of Flash. Don't worry though, the workaround I posted should work for any new Jelly Bean device, so you can get it working with the Chrome on your new device too.

I am slightly annoyed with Motorola pulling out of India (I hope it is temporary). I always have preferred their products over the more popular Samsung because of the fit and finish - they seem more solid, the Samsungs seem more "plasticky".

Back
Top Bottom