What's new

at AIPAC conference

Solomon2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
May report later today or tomorrow. Questions?

At least the reaction of the 'liberal' Americans is overwhelmingly against AIPAC's manipulation of American policies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/05/w...loose-talk-of-war.html?_r=1#commentsContainer

My head is spinning. It is amazing how far down the rabbit hole American foreign policy has traveled when it comes to Israel. Can one imagine having an American-Italian Political Action Committee where once a year every political leader converges in our nation's capital to pander to Italy? To commit to "always siding with Italy"? To promising American troops to be placed in harms way for the machinations of ITALY? We must shake the irrevocable hold that this nation Israel (with an outsize financial and political influence) has on our foreign policy.

Let's start with the acknowledgement that one man--Sheldon Adelson--who has allegiance to a foreign nation, is single-handily keeping afloat the campaign of one of our presidential contenders--Newt Gingrich.

May report later today or tomorrow. Questions?

I know someone who is going to be there too but since you offer to provide answers, i'll indulge and ask one. Is war really necessary? Is it really that important to start something which we don't have the money or the capacity for? If there is an Iran war, its ripples are going to be felt far and wide. There has to be a peaceful diplomatic solution. enough blood has been spilled during the previous decade to last us a lifetime. Not to mention that it would be the most unpopular war in the US, yes, more than Vietnam. The first thing that a country learns after getting nukes is that they cannot use them for the fear of MAD. I totally agree with Israels right to exist but starting a new was sounds preposterous at the moment. Hope saner heads prevail as im sure they can be found in plenty even in the AIPAC.

America will only be free if 'honest' and constitutional intelligence and service members obliterate AIPAC....

It's the only way to avoid Bolshevik Rev 2.0

I know someone who is going to be there too but since you offer to provide answers, i'll indulge and ask one. Is war really necessary? Is it really that important to start something which we don't have the money or the capacity for? If there is an Iran war, its ripples are going to be felt far and wide....

I will answer by giving you a PDF exclusive: the president's address to AIPAC as best as I could transcribe it this morning, words that may differ somewhat from what you've heard elsewhere, or even the printed material handed out to journalists, in the hope that many Pakistanis will read it and understand the U.S. government position better:

f_obama_aipac_120304.standard.jpg

[AIPAC leaders] I salute your leadership and commitment. I want to thank the board of directors, my longtime friends in the Chicago delegation, members of --- you worked hard to maintain relationship...I'm glad to see ambassador to Israel in the house.....appreciate his constant outreach...glad to see Oren....look forward to Netanyahu. Every time I come to AIPAC am especially impressed to see young people...you don't yet get the front seats [back rows laugh]

...legacy unique of six decades of allied relationship with U.S., see my friend Shimon Peres [TV shows Peres is all unblinking eyes for the president.]
Peres was born years in Poland but heart always in Israel the historic homeland Of the Jewish people. He fought for independence and peace and security...helped build the nation that thrives today, the Jewish state of Israel..Also a powerful moral voice to remind us that right makes might, not the other way round. Gas chambers destroy men but not dignity and human freedom... I'm grateful for his life work...our highest award, I will present Shimon Peres with the Presidential Medal of Freedom at the White House later this year! [Applause]

In many ways this award a symbol of the broader ties, we share interests but also the human values, a belief that freedom is a human right, and that democracy is that one and only form of government that corresponds to the wishes of its citizens...

Like President Harry Truman: I had faith in Israel before it was established and believe it has a great future before it.... For over six decades the U.S. has kept that commitment....new frontiers, new science, but ultimately our common ideals, that's why commitment has endured under leadership of both parties... Our support is bipartisan and that is how it will stay! [Applause]

...as you examine my commitment you don't have to examine my words but my deeds!

I have kept my commitments to the state of Israel! I have been there. Every single time!

Four years ago I said Israel's security is sacrosanct....security ünprecedented cooperation closer...training robust...security assistance increase every single year.....systems that only go to our closest friends and allies ad qualitative military edge...Israel must always possess the capability to protect itself by itself against any military threat! Not just numbers on a balance sheet....That's why I. Provided Iron Dome rockets to intercept missies that would destroy homes....no citizen, no family, should live in fear…

We challenged goldstone.
We challenged the flotilla boycott
We reject the notion that Zionism is racism, we reject Durban....whenever an effort is made to delegitimize Israel my administration has opposed them. When the chips are down, I have Israel's back.

Which is why, during this political season, you hear some questions about my support, remember it’s not backed up by the facts....America's national security is too important, Israel's national security too important!

Of course there are those who question our policy of Israel-Palestinian peace. I make no apologies and Israeli leaders understand....each of them call for two states....I believe peace profoundly in Israel's security interest, from demographics to technology...demands resolution and is consistent with founding values, because Israel's place as a Jewish state must be protected.

Of course there is a reason the conflict has lasted six decades, division in Palestinian leadership harder still.
We shouldn’t give in to cynicism or despair...I've made it clear Israel's security concerns must be met, will continue to support treaty with Egypt...any Palestinian partner must accept Israel’s right to exist...
That is why my administration has consistently rejected efforts to impose on the parties....

....No American president has made such a clear statement of support of Israel before the General Assembly [applause] - I must say there was not a great deal of applause. [everyone] knows the U.S. will insist upon Israel's legitimacy...

Iran's nuclear program...which can bring about ISrael's destruction... Basic truth: no Israeli gov't can tolerate a state that sponsors terrorists and committed to Israel's destruction with nuclear weapons....
Nuclear Iran is counter to Israel[s security interest but also those of the U.S.

A. Nuclear -armed Iran would destroy the non-proliferation regime we've worked to build---an arms race triggered, embolden a regime that brutalizes its own regime and peoples from Iraq to southeast Asia...we will empower....to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons…
When I took power Iran had gone from zero centrifuges to a thousand.
...we put forward a clear choice: they could rejoin the international community or lead to escalating series of consequences if they don't. ..because of us under greater pressure than ever before...in 2010 supported sanctions...they've had immediate bite, slowing weapons program and grinding economy to halt....our friends in Europe and Asia are joining us. That is where we are today. Iran isolated, under pressure, Arab Spring only increased this after hypocrisy of Iran exposed.
Of course as long as Iran fails to meet its obligations it’s not enough...we must accomplish our objectives...I firmly believe there is still an opportunity for diplomacy backed by pressure to succeed...this is the international community’s opportunity to apply the pressure. Faced with increasingly dire consequences they still face choices...there are no guarantees, but both Israel and the U.S. want. If resolved diplomatically...they have to decide to forsake nukes...

I have a deeply held preference for peace over war...I've seen consequences of war and peace decisions, the most searing in my presidency. I will remember them long after I leave office.
I will use force only when time and circumstances demand it and Iran's leaders should have no doubt about the resolve of the united states, just as they should have no doubt about Israel's resolve to do what is required to meet its security needs..
....I will take no options off the table...all elements of American power, diplomatic, political, economic, and yes a military effort to be prepared for any contingency.

Iran's leaders should understand I don’t have a policy of containment but of preventing Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon....I will not hesitate to use force when necessary....

Moving forward, ...remember the weightiness of these issues...for the world...too much loose talk of war, driving up cost of oil....for the sake of security...now is not the time for bluster. As Theodore Roosevelt said, "Speak softly, carry a big stick"...

....I had a great uncle who helped liberate Buchenwald, shared seders with my staff, and the concept of Tikkun Olam that has enriched and guided my life. As Truman understood, Israel's story is one of hope. We may not agree on every issue but we agree on things that matter and are working to build a better world where peace founded on justice ... I'm mindful of proverb, what matters are deeds not words.

Here is the version from Politico: link much more complete and accurate.

Diplomats from over sixty countries and over half of congress here among us 13,000.
National anthems of both is and Israel sung. Crowd n very enthusiastic.

"despite lies our people will not be worn down or retreat. "
Netanyahu next.

I think this AIPAC conference should be publicized far and wide, so people understand the Zionist domination of American politics. Incredibly, there are still people who refuse to acknowledge this fact.

The good news is that Zionists have now truly entered the hubris phase. Until now, the control was stealthy but, of late, they have become drunk with arrogance.

And we all know what comes after hubris.

The boasting is being done by leaders of the opposing parties about how much they have done and will do for Israel.
Obviously they want the world to listen.

The boasting is being done by leaders of the opposing parties about how much they have done and will do for Israel.

I would replace "world" by "American electorate". Confirmation, once again, of the Zionist choke-hold on American politics.

Let me make a prediction. Israel will not attack Iran before the US elections ( Nov. 5, 2012 ).

It will attack on Dec. 21, 2012. Many believe that will be the end of Israel as a nation as predicted by Aztec, Mayans and many other cultures nearly 2000 years ago.

The good news is that Zionists have now truly entered the hubris phase...of late, they have become drunk with arrogance.
Zionists have been accused of that for over a hundred years. Can you bring yourself to write exactly why so many non-Jews feel that way?

Until now, the control was stealthy -
AIPAC is no secret. Attendants to conferences and members don't have to be Jewish; many are invited and anyone can pay to get in. Of course, it's been a "secret" to most Pakistanis but that is their own choice, isn't it?

AIPAC.... ****** US for Israel the day one.... Sad...

I will answer by giving you a PDF exclusive: the president's address to AIPAC as best as I could transcribe it this morning, words that may differ somewhat from what you've heard elsewhere, or even the printed material handed out to journalists, in the hope that many Pakistanis will read it and understand the U.S. government position better:

Thank you Solomon2, for taking the time to write that out. :tup:

I would replace "world" by "American electorate". Confirmation, once again, of the Zionist choke-hold on American politics.
One of the most interesting points of the Conference was made by the Ambassador from Israel's ally, Azerbaijan ( a majority-Muslim nation Israel does over a billion dollars of trade with) complaining how America and Iran were united at denouncing and trying to destabilize his government even as Iran and American arm Azerbaijan's enemy, Armenia, which in its invasion of Nagarno-Karabakh created 80,000 Azerbaijani refugees.

The Armenian expatriate community is very powerful in the U.S. No, Zionists don't have a "choke hold" on American politics.

Back
Top Bottom