What's new

At least 500,000 Iraqis died during Western occupation

A majority of Iraqis (61%) still believe that ousting Saddam Hussein was worth the hardships, but this is down from the 77 percent who said this in January. Among Shias, the majority saying getting rid of Saddam Hussein was worth it has slipped from 98 percent to 75 percent, while among the Kurds it has dropped from 91 percent to 81 percent. The number of Sunnis saying it was not worth it has drifted upward from 83 percent to 89 percent, with only 11 percent saying that it was worth it.

Majorities of All Iraqi Ethnic Groups Want Strong Central Government - World Public Opinion

Yes, try harder. Much harder.

Try Syrian Baathists.

No. The vast bulk of the Iraqi military was Soviet sourced.

Here is some reading you can do and the other fellow compatriot who is nothing more than a troll.

United States support for Iraq during the Iran

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran - By Shane Harris and Matthew M. Aid | Foreign Policy

Soviet support yes. But it could be Mexican support for all I care. Still does not change the facts I listed about American support to Saddam Hussein.

Here is some reading you can do and the other fellow compatriot who is nothing more than a troll.

United States support for Iraq during the Iran

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran - By Shane Harris and Matthew M. Aid | Foreign Policy

Soviet support yes. But it could be Mexican support for all I care. Still does not change the facts I listed about American support to Saddam Hussein.
Show evidence that the US installed Saddam Hussein in power in Iraq as often falsely charged.

Lot of americans may agree with you, but I am glad to see Saddam and sons dead.

Indeed. That is all America's retaliations to 'terrorism' has brought - more death. It seems unbecoming. This cannot possibly end terrorism, it will only exacerbate it. The U.S. made the wrong choice after 9/11, and it has only fallen more and more since. No amount of terrorism can fight terrorism.

Show evidence that the US installed Saddam Hussein in power in Iraq as often falsely charged.

So you are backtracking as your compatriot noname1 troll in the past discussion were he went silent and was unable to counter my correct claims and references?

The American government was even complicit in the coup in 1963 that installed the Ba'athists. So that is also not correct.

Many foreign countries opposed Qasim, particularly after he threatened to invade Kuwait. In February 1960, the CIA created an unrelated plan to oust Qasim by giving him a poisoned handkerchief, although it may have been aborted.[23]
Army officers with ties to the Ba'ath Party overthrew Qasim in the Ramadan Revolution coup of 1963. Ba'athist leaders were appointed to the cabinet and Abdul Salam Arif became president. The governments of the United States and United Kingdom were complicit in the coup.[24] Arif dismissed and arrested the Ba'athist leaders later that year in the November 1963 Iraqi coup d'état.
JFK Library, Memorandum for The President from Robert W. Komer, 8 February 1963 (JFK, NSF, Countries, Iraq, Box 117, "Iraq 1/63-2/63", document 18), p. 1. "We will make informal friendly noises as soon as we can find out whom to talk with, and ought to recognize as soon as we’re sure these guys are firmly in the saddle. CIA had excellent reports on the plotting, but I doubt either they or UK should claim much credit for it."

So much for that.

If you knew a little about contemporary Iraqi history and politics you would know that Abd al-Karim Qasim was anti-American and an ally of the Soviets. He even lifted the ban of the Iraqi Communist Party and openly demanded the annexation of Kuwait an American/Western friendly state at the time and still is mind you.

Does not take a genius to realize who the Americans supported in the 1963 coup d'état.

Also he withdrew from the pro-Western Baghdad pact and from the agreement with USA that was signed by the Hashemite monarchy from 1954 to 1955 regarding military, arms, and equipment.

Yes, try harder. Much harder.

Try Syrian Baathists.

No. The vast bulk of the Iraqi military was Soviet sourced.

The vast majority of the nerve gas agents and material for the development of chemical weapons was obtained by Saddam from non-Soviet countries. The vast majority of the materials were obtained from Western Countries including USA.

So you are backtracking as your compatriot noname1 troll in the past discussion were he went silent and was unable to counter my correct claims and references?
Your claim was that somehow the US 'installed' Saddam Hussein into power in Iraq. Show evidence.

The American government was even complicit in the coup in 1963 that installed the Ba'athists. So that is also not correct.
Say that we did, of which the degree is dubious to start, how does that proved the US targeted the young Saddam Hussein from way back then.

Here is my source...

Saddam Hussein: The Politics of Revenge: Said K. Aburish: 9781582340500: Amazon.com: Books

Said K Aburish was Saddam Hussein's weapons shopper.

So where are your sources that the US met young Saddam Hussein, groomed him, and eventually 'installed' him into power in Iraq?

The vast majority of the nerve gas agents and material for the development of chemical weapons was obtained by Saddam from non-Soviet countries. The vast majority of the materials were obtained from Western Countries including USA.
It does not take much search to find out about dual use agents. The chemicals that can be used for fertilizers can also be used to make chemical weapons. Shall we say the same for ordinary steel?

Indeed. That is all America's retaliations to 'terrorism' has brought - more death. It seems unbecoming. This cannot possibly end terrorism, it will only exacerbate it. The U.S. made the wrong choice after 9/11, and it has only fallen more and more since. No amount of terrorism can fight terrorism.
So what do you expect the US to do after 9/11? Nothing. Of course YOU would.

LOL.

You are totally ignorant about that period of Iraqi history and American foreign policy. Sorry to say that. I mentioned several key elements that clearly point to my conclusions.

You do realize that alliances can change? 30 years ago you supported Taliban. Now you fight them AND held peace talks with them.

Qasim was overthrown by the Ba'athist coup of February 8, 1963, motivated by fear of communist influence and state control over the petroleum sector. This coup was allegedly carried out with the backing of the British government and the American CIA.[33][34][35] The best direct evidence that the U.S. was complicit is the memo from NSC staff member Robert Komer to President John F. Kennedy on the night of the coup, February 8, 1963. The last paragraph reads:
"We will make informal friendly noises as soon as we can find out whom to talk with, and ought to recognize as soon as we’re sure these guys are firmly in the saddle. CIA had excellent reports on the plotting, but I doubt either they or UK should claim much credit for it.[36]

I suggest that you reread my post number 71. You have all the answers there.

We are not going any further it seems.

LOL.

You are totally ignorant about that period of Iraqi history and American foreign policy. Sorry to say that. I mentioned several key elements that clearly point to my conclusions.

You do realize that alliances can change? 30 years ago you supported Taliban. Now you fight them AND held peace talks with them.

We are not going any further it seems.
You are correct. You believed and exported the lie that the US somehow 'installed' Saddam Hussein into power in Iraq, but failed to show evidence for it. Instead you resorted to innuendos and vague implications. Speaking of ignorance, may I assume you never heard of Aburish's autobiography and his term of service to Saddam Hussein?

You are correct. You believed and exported the lie that the US somehow 'installed' Saddam Hussein into power in Iraq, but failed to show evidence for it. Instead you resorted to innuendos and vague implications. Speaking of ignorance, may I assume you never heard of Aburish's autobiography and his term of service to Saddam Hussein?

No, I already provided evidence that your government was complicit in the 1963 coup d'état. So my point stands as clear as the sun. I also provided evidence of plenty of American military support for Saddam Hussein. You both doubted those claims and I demonstrated that they are correct claims.

No, I already provided evidence that your government was complicit in the 1963 coup d'état. So my point stands as clear as the sun. I also provided evidence of plenty of American military support for Saddam Hussein. You both doubted those claims and I demonstrated that they are correct claims.
Here is what you said...

Who supported and helped put Saddam into power if not your own country?

Show evidence. When and where did the US met young Saddam Hussein? How did we groomed him? And when did we 'installed' him into power in Iraq? Saying 'helped' does not cut it but that is how intellectually dishonest you proved to be. Saying 'helped' could be as simple as being in contact with Saddam's third cousin twice removed.

Are you drunk? I already provided sources that STRONGLY point to an American involvement in his installment and that of the Ba'athists in Iraq during the 1963 coup d'état.

I already shattered your clueless compatriot (noname1) here and your claim about no American support to Saddam Hussein. As did others. You are just making silly excuses as your compatriot before you.

Anyway this is all history and it is written already.

Back
Top Bottom