What's new

'Attack on Chinese consulate in Karachi planned in Afghanistan with support of Indian agency'

Karachi Police Chief Dr Amir Ahmed Shaikh during a media briefing on Friday said that the attack on the Chinese consulate in Karachi was planned in Afghanistan and carried out with the assistance of Indian intelligence agency Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).

In November last year, three heavily armed militants attempted to enter the Chinese consulate in the ‘high security zone’ of Clifton’s Block-4 but were shot dead in an encounter with law enforcers. The gun-and-grenade assault also claimed the lives of two police officials and two visa applicants, and injured a private guard of the foreign mission. The banned Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) had claimed credit for the attack.

The additional inspector general of police disclosed that at least five facilitators have been arrested so far from Karachi, Hub and Quetta during the probe.

He said that based on the police's investigation, the attack was aimed at sabotaging the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and meant to create trouble between Pakistan and China. "They wanted China to believe that Karachi is not [a] safe [city]."

Sharing the details of the attack, he said that the trained terrorists had been observing the consulate and particularly its visa section for almost four months. "They used to sit in the visa section of the consulate to observe when the gates open and other details."

"They transported weapons in a boat engine from Quetta to Karachi through train service," he said, adding that the weapons and other material were dumped at a house in Baldia Town area of Karachi.

"The terrorists used fake computerised national identity cards," he said. "We are writing to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and Pakistan Railways to upgrade their security mechanism so that the facilities of the railways and the National Database & Registration Authority (Nadra) are not abused by terrorists."

He shared several photographs "recovered from the cell phones of the terrorists". One of the facilitators was a cousin of Aslam alias Acho — the alleged mastermind of the attack — while another was the brother-in-law of another high-profile terrorist, who is considered to be the second to Acho, said Shaikh.

Shaikh added that there were reports that Acho and some other high-profile terrorists had been killed in an attack in Afghanistan but he refused to believe the news until and unless he "sees the bodies or any solid proof".

It is an old tactic of terrorists to get themselves declared 'killed' to divert the attention of law enforcement agencies, he added.

Consulate’s reconnaissance
Earlier, sources familiar with the proceedings of the investigation had told Dawn that one of the killed militants, Abdul Raziq, resident of Kharan, with his accomplice Abdul Latif, hailing from Khuzdar in Balochistan, had visited Karachi on Aug 6 also. They had both stayed at hotels in Lyari and Saddar and conducted reconnaissance of the consulate.

With the help of technology, it was also discovered that the killed militants had also stayed in Sindh’s two cities, Shahdadpur and Sukkur, before going back to Quetta. They returned to Karachi via Hub, Balochistan, on the night of Nov 23 and stayed for a while in the Shershah area of Karachi before launching the gun-and-grenade attack.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1456906/a...-in-afghanistan-with-support-of-indian-agency

WHAT,S NEW///////??????????? WE HEARE ABOUT EVERY INCIDENT SAME STATEMENT-------- SO - WHT- R - WE- DOING ABOUT - IT?

Okay? And? They did say something, they appreciated Pakistan's quick response.

Good attempt at goalpost shifting though.
And in that 'something' they said, was India mentioned? Even after Pakistan blamed India?

Seems like the Chinese aren't buying what Pakistan is selling....like the rest of the world.

Iran has not yet officially protested with Pakistan on "Abduction" of Mr. Jhadav from their soil. I wonder if ISI can abduct any Indian from inside the Iran what is the fate of 4000 Indians in Iran. I have not seen a statement from India asking Iran to beef up security for Indians in Iran. Or did i miss something?

Not everything comes to press notice you know that very well.

This isn't a cricket match we are talking about. It is a diplomatic issue and will be resolved behind the scenes. Simple.

Not everything comes to press notice you know that very well.

This isn't a cricket match we are talking about. It is a diplomatic issue and will be resolved behind the scenes. Simple.
Ha !
Seems like Iran didn't buy your allegations otherwise you would have gone to Iran to protest and Iran would have done same to Pakistan. But guess what? It's a diplomatic issue and ISI would keep abducting people from "Iranian soil"..

Better to keep mouth shut if you are dumb ... First of all no Chinese got hurt ,,, second the attack was in Pakistan so we are handling this case ...
Are you implying that unless someone dies, there won't be a reaction? Is that how things work in Pakistan?

The place got attacked didn't it? It's still an attack against China. Pakistan pointed its finger at India (big surprise :rolleyes1:) and nobody..absolutely nobody else is accusing India. Not China, not US, not the Russians. Zilch. It speaks volumes on Pakistan's credibility in this investigation. Frankly, it's looking like Pakistan is pushing the blame on its neighbor just to distract from its security failures.

And what does it matter if the attack happened in Pakistan or not? China was involved, after all it was their consulate. I expect at least a symbolic acceptance of Pakistan's accusations from the Chinese if not an outright verbiage against India.

And I won't be keeping my mouth shut against baseless accusations, thank you. Last time I checked this was a forum where people are allowed to talk. :pdf:

Are you implying that unless someone dies, there won't be a reaction? Is that how things work in Pakistan?

The place got attacked didn't it? It's still an attack against China. Pakistan pointed its finger at India (big surprise :rolleyes1:) and nobody..absolutely nobody else is accusing India. Not China, not US, not the Russians. Zilch. It speaks volumes on Pakistan's credibility in this investigation. Frankly, it's looking like Pakistan is pushing the blame on its neighbor just to distract from its security failures.

And what does it matter if the attack happened in Pakistan or not? China was involved, after all it was their consulate. I expect at least a symbolic acceptance of Pakistan's accusations from the Chinese if not an outright verbiage against India.

And I won't be keeping my mouth shut against baseless accusations, thank you. Last time I checked this was a forum where people are allowed to talk. :pdf:
No u dumb ... unlike u we not only failled the attack but killed the terrorist and grab his handler ... china and pakistan believe in action not on crying like u ... so keep crying like 2 year old kid ...

No u dumb ... unlike u we not only failled the attack but killed the terrorist and grab his handler ... china and pakistan believe in action not on crying like u ... so keep crying like 2 year old kid ...
Its still a valid question, given how close Pakistan and China are, there should have been a chinese reaction along the same lines. The absence of any statement blaming India, kinda makes the Pakistani probe look biased

Its still a valid question, given how close Pakistan and China are, there should have been a chinese reaction along the same lines. The absence of any statement blaming India, kinda makes the Pakistani probe look biased

So u r saying that chinese foreign ministery should agree with statement of a police official ... u must be kidding ...

Actually what i said earlier we dont have policy of crying but to get job done ...

So u r saying that chinese foreign ministery should agree with statement of a police official ... u must be kidding ...
In case of an terrorist attack like this, doesnt the Karachi police chief statement hold enough weight to issue a statement at the very least condeming the perpretrators. If his words are not enough then whose are?

And what action has China taken so far?
Please don't give me some vague BS about behind the scene top secret stuff. I can just as easily claim the opposite if we're talking about stuff that never happened.

And what action has China taken so far?
Please don't give me some vague BS about behind the scene top secret stuff. I can just as easily claim the opposite if we're talking about stuff that never happened.
China dont need to take any action as we have already done it ...

Terrorist dead on the spot
Leader Aslam Acho dead along with his support staff
All facilitators arrested
Aslam acho second in command and cousin arrested

In case of an terrorist attack like this, doesnt the Karachi police chief statement hold enough weight to issue a statement at the very least condeming the perpretrators. If his words are not enough then whose are?

Last time i check these matters are handled by foreign offices ... police cheif is under provincial government and has no knowledge of foreign policy or tactics ...

How foreign office plan to deal with matter under consultarion with intelligence agencies, PM, establishment and chinese ambassdor is offcourse secret ... but it is clear that Pakistan is focusing on reconciliation efforts rather than negativity ...

It is obvious that Pakistan foreign office focus is on Kartarpur and other positive things ...

If you check last statement of PM IK then it was straight forward ... no war between nuclear countries,, peace is nevessary, kashmir to be resolved through dialogue ...

On contrary your PMs last statement was reference to SirGKal strike as they want to fuel the hatred to get more votes ...

Pakistan priorities are clear ... peace and talks on Kashmir ... indian priorities are different they want to destroy Pakistan

China dont need to take any action as we have already done it ...

Terrorist dead on the spot
Leader Aslam Acho dead along with his support staff
All facilitators arrested
Aslam acho second in command and cousin arrested

Last time i check these matters are handled by foreign offices ... police cheif is under provincial government and has no knowledge of foreign policy or tactics ...

How foreign office plan to deal with matter under consultarion with intelligence agencies, PM, establishment and chinese ambassdor is offcourse secret ... but it is clear that Pakistan is focusing on reconciliation efforts rather than negativity ...

It is obvious that Pakistan foreign office focus is on Kartarpur and other positive things ...

If you check last statement of PM IK then it was straight forward ... no war between nuclear countries,, peace is nevessary, kashmir to be resolved through dialogue ...

On contrary your PMs last statement was reference to SirGKal strike as they want to fuel the hatred to get more votes ...

Pakistan priorities are clear ... peace and talks on Kashmir ... indian priorities are different they want to destroy Pakistan
I dont doubt the GoP outreach for peace, but for the past ten years there is this persistent cycle wherein if one side approaches towards a peacefull solution the other side is not capable(not enough domestic support for the initiative) or just plain not interested due to various strategic interests. Blaming simply for the sake of blaming should be discouraged. If hard evidence exists of the connection between India and the terrorist attack as suggested in the article, would it not be beneficial for GoP narrative to showcase it?

Everyone and specially the Chinese knows that the attack on Chinese consulate was done by India. This is NOT the issue. The issue is complete SILENCE of the Chinese on this. It is shameful that these people have kept quite and haven't done anything to punish these indian terrorists.

I dont doubt the GoP outreach for peace, but for the past ten years there is this persistent cycle wherein if one side approaches towards a peacefull solution the other side is not capable(not enough domestic support for the initiative) or just plain not interested due to various strategic interests. Blaming simply for the sake of blaming should be discouraged. If hard evidence exists of the connection between India and the terrorist attack as suggested in the article, would it not be beneficial for GoP narrative to showcase it?
Hardcore evidence never exist ...

Its financial and technical support to locals ... India did it in East Pakistan and kept on denying will recently when they accepted training and arming mukti bani ...

Afghanistan is the base ... We have confirm intelligence reports ...

Both nations can live peacefully without competing each other militarily ... The cornerstone of this peace process lies in Kashmir ... Pakistan and Kashmiri people has same instance on Jammu Kashmir from day 1 ... From any standard humanity Jammu Kashmir do not belong to India ... Kashmiris don't want to live in India ... Dogra Raja had no legal right over the land as per democratic standards ... How a person can sell off a whole province to another country? Are we still living in the dark ages?

Speak the truth for once,, solve the Kashmir issue and there will be no more hatred between the countries and both of the countries can focus on the living standard of its people rather wasting scare resources on military ...

Back
Top Bottom