What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeap. Official who don't want to be identified said that 2 aircraft destroyed.

There is alot of talk going on that rather than 2 aircraft being one Il-78 and a Saab, both were Saab.

Sources from within the AFB Minhas saying that 2 AWACS are totally destroyed.

Anybody here hearing the same?

Well, thats totally new to me! Do you know someone working there?

Doesnt sound possible as the terrorists never made it beyond few hundred meters from rear boundary wall....

But they did fire a RPG at one Hangar, that is confirmed.

And at first I also thought the same. THat they were intercepted at the first line and one was killed at first instance.

But the people talked to say that 2 AWACS have gone.

Militants attack Pakistan nuclear air base

Kamra-pakistan_2311494b.jpg

Militants attack Pakistan nuclear air base - Telegraph

sach bata yaar kassam se ???????????

Well, thats totally new to me! Do you know someone working there?

Yeah, not from PAF Minhas, but from PAC. And also some other people within the PAF.

Really horrible news if true. But it should have been in the media by now, things like these don't keep their head down for long.

There is alot of talk going on that rather than 2 aircraft being one Il-78 and a Saab, both were Saab.

As far as I know no PAF official has come out and said anything about which aircraft was damaged. They've been saying that a rocket may have damaged one but the attackers never made it to the hangers.

Right now theres a lot of rumors going around, so lets wait and see.

where this news of 2 destroyed from???

post the link,

No link, sorry.

As far as I know no PAF official has come out and said anything about which aircraft was damaged. They've been saying that a rocket may have damaged one but the attackers never made it to the hangers.

Right now theres a lot of rumors going around, so lets wait and see.

Not on media, no. The story on media is that the RPG hit the hangar, and shrapnel fell on IL-78 and the Saab.

But the other story is now emerging.

But they did fire a RPG at one Hangar, that is confirmed.

And at first I also thought the same. THat they were intercepted at the first line and one was killed at first instance.

But the people talked to say that 2 AWACS have gone.

since the attack, PAF behaviour is totally fishy, they arent telling what kind of damage has occured on which asset. . . i have a very sick feeling about this since morning that PAF is hiding something

Yeah, not from PAF Minhas, but from PAC. And also some other people within the PAF.

Really horrible news if true. But it should have been in the media by now, things like these don't keep their head down for long.

If true then they clearly knew which hangar was accommodating AWACS.. Such a great loss if news is true.

Not on media, no. The story on media is that the RPG hit the hangar, and shrapnel fell on IL-78 and the Saab.

But the other story is now emerging.

I'm sure we'll know for sure soon.

But the members of PAF have supposedly said things like from no aircraft was damaged, to one was slightly damaged, to what what you're saying. So who can we trust?

Its best to wait and see for the official reports. Like I said too many rumors going on right now.

PAF is not telling what kind of damage has been done. This behaviour is confirming the rumours, something very bad has happened.

Also the base commandor joining the fight, we dont see such kind of news until something serious happens and top leadership involve themselve in fighting, which again arouse the suspicion of something ugly happening.!

I don't think its possible to hide such big event of loosing two aircraft from the media. If PAF came out with the statement that nothing was lost and that only one aircraft got minor damage, then it seems correct statement as if they had lied and later it is reveled that 2 major assets are lost, it would be a big embarrassment for the PAF and that would call some action.

Even a novice in the art of mass media would know that the real target of TTP militants was Saab 2000 Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts. They were not even interested in the assembly line of JF Thunder aircraft being co-produced at Kamra. This attack is a rerun of a similar attack on Naval Air Base, Mehran where the target was P3C Orion aircraft used for Long Range Marine Patrol. The motive of the attack was to damage Pakistan’s sophisticated and expensive defense capabilities. TTP which claims to be fighting the occupation forces in Afghanistan are actually fighting to cripple Pakistan’s defense mechanism. And who should be behind these terrorists is not a million dollar question. Read more at: Kamra Attack: TTP is fighting India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom