What's new

ATTACK ON PRESS TV

Again, the article is quoting someone. If I quote your interview and you say poverty in pakistan is only 5%, it wouldn't be wrong would it? Daily we see at least 5 articles in newspapers maligning Pakistani "terrorism" by quoting pro-Indian analysts. That fully conforms the standards of journalism

Yes, quoting someone is fine as long as the quote itself is exactly what the person being quoted stated. However in PressTV's case the quote is obviously wrong, anyone that knows anything about Saudi Arabia knows that 95% of the population could hardly ever be below the poverty line.

Yes, quoting someone is fine as long as the quote itself is exactly what the person being quoted stated. However in PressTV's case the quote is obviously wrong, anyone that knows anything about Saudi Arabia knows that 95% of the population could hardly ever be below the poverty line.

As per Mosamania's posted interview, I already said this:

"There is a misconception that all Saudi people are rich but in reality rich people in Saudi Arabia only make up 5% of the population teh rest of the population is middle class or in poverty line"
PressTV translate that into: "95% of Saudi people have no access to water and electricity"

I wish i could understand arabic but if what you said is true then yes Press tv is indeed biased against KSA/Arab world.

Al least Press TV was saying that it was quoting from Asharq Alawsat, a London based Arabian NewsPaper.

Press TV is no worse than the NY Times or CNN.

^ Now that is something true however. Every news agency is inclined to be biased towards the country from which it originates. Because media is itself an extension of the country's foreign policy.

Every news agency is inclined to be biased towards the country from which it originates. Because media is itself an extension of the country's foreign policy.

PressTV in this case was outright lying. I agree though however that the media can be a very powerful weapon for controlling the populace & influencing their thinking.

PressTV in this case was outright lying. I agree though however that the media can be a very powerful weapon for controlling the populace & influencing their thinking.

Yes, you can see India's policy regarding this. Their media is almost like an extension of their own foreign policy. Stringently follows their foreign policy. Even an Economist article was censored which discussed the Kashmir problem from a neutral perspective. You can view Iran as following India's policy. Their PressTV is like an extension of their foreign policy, whichi s anti-Arab

Pakistani media is very immature however. They think by adopting US/Indian point of views they can be famous.

Yes, you can see India's policy regarding this. Their media is almost like an extension of their own foreign policy. Stringently follows their foreign policy. Even an Economist article was censored which discussed the Kashmir problem from a neutral perspective. You can view Iran as following India's policy. Their PressTV is like an extension of their foreign policy, whichi s anti-Arab

Pakistani media is very immature however. They think by adopting US/Indian point of views they can be famous.

The Pakistani media in my opinion isn't utilized properly, although I will point out that the Pakistani media has never been biased as far as I know. The current government in Pakistan is pretty much a gone case, I doubt they will ever be able to make good use of our media.

All news media are tainted by the biases of the human beings who work for them, i.e., who decide on what stories to cover, which facts to include in the story and which to leave out, etc. However, STATE-controlled news organizations are meant to provide the viewpoint of the government who controls them. Such media are biased not only by normal human being flaws, but also by the agenda of their governments. The USA equivalents to Press TV are the numerous public relations operations of the many US Government departments and agencies via the press releases they churn out and the "news" conferences they hold. Not the American privately owned media outlets such as the NY Times, Washington Post and the Associated Press.

That wasn't CNN staged or organized if it indeed was fake.

Try again.

Anderson Cooper is a lyin ***. He knew he was spreading BS with that danny guy. I expected more from him than Press TV. In the end they are no different.

Yellow journalism rules the world these days.

powerfulweapon.jpg

The question of Press TV being biased only has one answer: Press TV is biased. Press TV does make **** up. But is Press TV alone? Absolutely not. Have you guys seen Israeli media? Some of those and Press TV are two cuts of the same apple. Than we have Fox TV and CNN which are just laughable. I would give example from the Arab world, but I neither speak arabic nor watch/listen to arabic media.

Press TV is being targetted and that cannot be denied by anyone. Everything about Press TV being this and that is immaterial and irrelevant.

PTV was fine for YEARS. They were showing their "lies" on British TV for years. Suddenly they remember to do something.

economist is not censured in India.

So true, Sir ..

Back
Top Bottom