What's new

azarbejan have barak 8 er

Many members here rebuked me when I said that Israel and Azerbaijan had military ties.

See now who’s laughing.:lol:

Azerbaijan never tried to hide it. Azerbaijani people saved and didnt kill Israeli jews and let them live in the Mountains when soviet union wanted to kill them.

If Saudis build relations with Israel, why shouldnt Azerbaijan?
I even think Pakistanis and Turkey should do the same..

Are you referring to these two?

qovw5y.png

juv5nq.png

Sorry to say, but both the trucks are carrying the same missiles. They are both LR.

Barak 8 became operational in the IAF before Azerbaijan's December test.

The ER version is being funded by the IN primarily, so they will get the it first. The ER will become operational on a navy ship before the land version is ready. It was the same for the LR version.

As of today, the ER is still in development. So its launchers are not available online yet.

What do you have to say about the different missile designs?

I'm referring to these:

This is ER.

b976e7e88f92.png

30dece8bbf9d.png

gaWQxQ6BQjw.jpg

This is LR + the ones in the screenshot you posted.

6409e3c51f23.png

3b146748a05d.png

Source? India hadn't inducted it into service by 2016, and like said it's not clear if it has even now in 2018.

I'm not going to repeat myself thousands of times. It was announced officially at the military parade, and that's it.

Last edited:
Azerbaijan is indeed a great ally of Israel, and I hope we'll stay allys in the future

What do you have to say about the different missile designs?

I'm referring to these:

This is ER.

b976e7e88f92.png

30dece8bbf9d.png

gaWQxQ6BQjw.jpg

This is LR + the ones in the screenshot you posted.

6409e3c51f23.png

3b146748a05d.png

Source? India hadn't inducted it into service by 2016, and like said it's not clear if it has even now in 2018.

I'm not going to repeat myself thousands of times. It was announced officially at the military parade, and that's it.

Those are all exactly the same thing.

The ER is 1m longer and is a whole lot fatter. It will need a bigger truck.

The canister configuration for ER is 3x2, while the LR is 4x2.

You are just looking at the stuff all wrong. You have received a series production frame and a prototype frame. But the missiles in the canisters are LR, not ER.

You shouldn't look at the truck, you should look at the canister.

62193407.jpg

All three trucks are LRSAM. Just look at the canisters, they are identical. The trucks appear to be the same length as well. If the middle launcher was ER, then the truck's height would have been significantly greater, and the missiles themselves (the dark circles) would have looked very different.

When you see ER in a few years, you will notice the difference yourself.

Thanks for the info. But it's wrong.

The reason why I questioned it is because the base is too small to hold the bigger booster.

p1331375.jpg

The current launcher can only hold the missile without the booster.
main-qimg-284ebf5f9afe8add313f91cbc8905374-c

Successful%2Bfirst%2Btest%2Bof%2BIndo-Israeli%2BMRSAM%2Bmissile%2Bsystem%2Bfor%2Bthe%2BIAF%2B1.jpg

That's why the one with the booster is a 6-pack, not an 8-pack. Meaning, the Barak 8ER launcher will have 6 missiles.

Btw, both Barak 8 and Barak 8ER have the same Indian propulsion system. There is no separate Israeli development. When we did the testing, it was user testing, not development testing. Our launcher's modules are the same, but the truck is different.

So all operational Barak 8s today are the non-ER version.

Something you guys may not know, but the first Barak 8ER unit will be operational for the sea version, not land. IOC is still yet to happen.
Successful first test of Indo-Israeli MRSAM missile system for the IAF 1.jpg

Enough space for a booster

How the hell are they the same? You need to check your eyes.

I have to repeat myself in everything it seems. The canister configuration for ER is shown as 2x4 here in this video by IAI.

In the video they have got the MR (ABISR) design right with its 1x4 canister configuration on a mobile launcher, so no reason to think they have not paid attention to the ER design (and you see the ER missile with its booster).

There is even two different in-service names for both, "İldırım" (Lightning) for LR and "Qalxan" (Shield) for ER. A week before the military parade Defence Minister said "we will reveal (for the first time) the "Qalxan" system at the military parade", and at the military parade the Barak-8 ER was officially announced.

I don't know why I'm even having this discussion with you.

Last edited:
Azerbaijan never tried to hide it. Azerbaijani people saved and didnt kill Israeli jews and let them live in the Mountains when soviet union wanted to kill them.

If Saudis build relations with Israel, why shouldnt Azerbaijan?
I even think Pakistanis and Turkey should do the same..
turkey have realtion with israel

Many members here rebuked me when I said that Israel and Azerbaijan had military ties.

See now who’s laughing.:lol:
They def do. Azerbaijan already allowed Israeli drone/s fly over Iran, at least northern Iran. But if Azerbaijan goes to far Iran will give them a slap to put them back in place.

They def do. Azerbaijan already allowed Israeli drone/s fly over Iran, at least northern Iran. But if Azerbaijan goes to far Iran will give them a slap to put them back in place.
Azerbaijan always said that we will never let our border to be used to attack Iran.. they didnt let US forces to station in Azerbaijan..
but, they might turn eyes to some spies working in Azerbaijan which is hard to prove.
Israelis thankful to Azerbaijan because they never felt any discrimination against them.. even ISraeli Tank operator fighted in Karabakh war and died in the fight like a hero.. I like that they always appreciate it, unlike some Saudis here..

turkey have realtion with israel
They obviously do... but Erdogan started to use some hard way of language as a part of language..
But everybody knows what is going on.. I think they also did it as Israel started to influence in kurdish issues which angered Turkey.. i think finally they decided to stop interfering each others issues.. as each side can give anti air missiles to opposition and reallly heart each other which nobody needs it..

we can nuke turkey
You dont need just nukes to destroy each other completely.. Turkey has many chemical options too and Israel has very small land which will work against.. on the other hand, Turkey is part of NATO which in case of attack Turkey also has more than 90 nukes in Incirlik which Aselsan updated just 2 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom