What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

@Armstrong @xenon54
Actually, there are only a few azerbaijani posters in the PDF. I think only @Azeri440 , and @ASQ-1918 are north azerbaijani and me and @Ostad are south azerbaijani. I don't know any other Azeri member :( So, no wonder if they do not participate to much in other nationalities topics. Anyway, Turkish people are our brothers, and we are from the same blood, and Pakistan's stand and opinions and actions about Azerbaijan, and Azerbaijan-Armenia issue, has been one of the most friendliest for Azeris in the world. ;)
@Seyfullah is also a Azerbaijani.

m2ry.png

8vur.png

@Armstrong @xenon54
Actually, there are only a few azerbaijani posters in the PDF. I think only @Azeri440 , and @ASQ-1918 are north azerbaijani and me and @Ostad are south azerbaijani. I don't know any other Azeri member :( So, no wonder if they do not participate to much in other nationalities topics. Anyway, Turkish people are our brothers, and we are from the same blood, and Pakistan's stand and opinions and actions about Azerbaijan, and Azerbaijan-Armenia issue, has been one of the most friendliest for Azeris in the world. ;)

PS. there has been another Azeri member here before, @Ir.Tab. , but I have not had the chance to talk with him, since he has left the forum, before I join the forum.
:tup:
actually i want to participate in Turkish section but unfortunately i am not familiar with Azari and Turkish alphabets, i do understand but writing is hard for me.
real life is another story, i have a lot of friends from Turkey, even my roommate in uni was from Gaziantep.

:tup:
actually i want to participate in Turkish section but unfortunately i am not familiar with Azari and Turkish alphabets, i do understand but writing is hard for me.
real life is another story, i have a lot of friends from Turkey, even my roommate in uni was from Gaziantep.

Almost the same thing is true for me. just, as you know, my turkish is not as good as you, but I have a group of good friends from Turkey, and a few awesome friends from North Azerbaijan in USA, but I need to talk with them in English language, and some of my acquaintances live in North Azerbaijan.

Almost the same thing is true for me. just, as you know, my turkish is not as good as you, but I have a group of good friends from Turkey, and a few awesome friends from North Azerbaijan in USA, but I need to talk with them in English language, and some of my acquaintances live in North Azerbaijan.
personally i think its a disaster that most of us( southern Azerbaijan) lack the ability to write in our mother tongue.

personally i think its a disaster that most of us( southern Azerbaijan) lack the ability to write in our mother tongue.

That's why I support the right for Azeri children to be taught in Azeri language in schools. Azeri language was the official language of Safavid, Afsharid, and Qajar dynasties courts, and it got fully replaced by Persian in Pahlavis era, just less than a century before. and we have about 1/4 of the population of Iran , and half of the capital, Tehran. So, obviously we should have this right for our people.

Can someone tell me why Azerbaijan did not join the NATO?

Of course they were, but so was Bulgaria. Azerbaijan had the oppurtunity to join the NATO at one point, but didnt. My question is why?

Of course they were, but so was Bulgaria. Azerbaijan had the oppurtunity to join the NATO at one point, but didnt. My question is why?
I think its depends on Karabakh issue, if Azerbaijan would join Nato they could forget the hope to get Karabakh back because this time Russia would openly support Armenia.

There are multiple reasons behind it, one of them is Russia. Russia still has some influences there, and strongly opposes for joining Azerbaijan to NATO. Another problem is that Azerbaijan is still considered to be in a state of war with Armenia, and NATO doesn't want to clearly take sides and participate in this war yet. At least, France is considered as one of Armenians allies, and they would make trouble for Azerbaijan to join NATO.

I think its depends on Karabakh issue, if Azerbaijan would join Nato they could forget the hope to get Karabakh back because this time Russia would openly support Armenia.
Russia is selling a lot of weapons to Azerbaijan. In war and geopolitics. It is not always good to commit your forces too early. It is better to be flexible.

Azerbaijan has basically two forces which can be an enemy. Russia or Iran. Armenia is not counted as enemy because without Russian forces they are a non army.

Only real threat is Russia and they are selling arms to Azerbaijan although the Armenians are crying about this. It happens. I think Russia will turn their back on Armenians. That won't be the first time. I suspect they will make deal with Azerbaijan.

Iran is the second. I think they are not capable of invasion of AZerbaijan because that will lead to a host of problems in Azeri populated areas in Iran and can unleash a chain reaction. Also Turkey performed several military excises in the Caspian, sending a clear message to Tehran that Azerbaijan is not alone.

NATO shouldn't be relied on. You have to remember that NATO can only take action when it's members vote yes, if one of the members vetoes. NATO won't do anything.

NATO shouldn't be relied on. You have to remember that NATO can only take action when it's members vote yes, if one of the members vetoes. NATO won't do anything.

Thats not true, if a member is attacked the Alliance is obliged to do something.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom