What's new

Babri Masjid Case Ruling Today

Interesting point.

So does this ruling leave it open for the Hindu Right to challenge the legitimacy of other mosque structures? Do Indians see the potential of that happening?

In short, could we see a snowball effect which could cause wider communal issues, or is it just Ayodhya which had its own 'special status' and emotions attached to it?

Ayodhya had "special status", and there is no way this is going to snowball into anything like challenging other structures. This dispute is not just from 1992, there are records of violence over this structure as farback as during the British rule in 1800s - it does have separate significance compared to other structures.

images

Who is this Nirmohi Akhara.
How came they got the 1/3rd land.
What was their claim and upon what base?
Same case here...........I too dont know who they are??????

Can someone help us out here
Nirmohi Akhara is a Hindu religious institution, claiming to be the disputed land's custodian (at Ayodhya)

The Nirmohi Akhara, is one of the original plaintiffs in the Ayodhya title suits. It is the only party backing petitioner Ramesh Chandra Tripathi
On December 17, 1959 the Nirmohi Akhara and its Mahant filed a suit seeking removal of the receiver and the property delivered to the plaintiff.
Besides the Akhara, the other original title suit plaintiffs are Gopal Singh Visharad, Sunni Central Board of Waqfs and Ramlalla Virajman. Except the Akhara, no one is in favour of delaying the verdict.
Mahant Bhaskar Das of Nirmohi Akhara said that they had always favoured a negotiated settlement and talks can be held even after the high court judgement.

Once again, it is their country. It is wrong and they probably know it too. You know the number of Muslim countries which officially condemned the destruction of the Bamiyan Buddhas? 0. But is that what you expect of India too?

Nirmohi Akhara is a Hindu religious institution, claiming to be the disputed land's custodian (at Ayodhya)

The Nirmohi Akhara, is one of the original plaintiffs in the Ayodhya title suits. It is the only party backing petitioner Ramesh Chandra Tripathi
On December 17, 1959 the Nirmohi Akhara and its Mahant filed a suit seeking removal of the receiver and the property delivered to the plaintiff.
Besides the Akhara, the other original title suit plaintiffs are Gopal Singh Visharad, Sunni Central Board of Waqfs and Ramlalla Virajman. Except the Akhara, no one is in favour of delaying the verdict.
Mahant Bhaskar Das of Nirmohi Akhara said that they had always favoured a negotiated settlement and talks can be held even after the high court judgement.

Dude I think the Nirmohis are Jains not Hindus

Interesting point.

So does this ruling leave it open for the Hindu Right to challenge the legitimacy of other mosque structures? Do Indians see the potential of that happening?

In short, could we see a snowball effect which could cause wider communal issues, or is it just Ayodhya which had its own 'special status' and emotions attached to it?

Those are exactly my fears. From one angle, the judgement sets a bad precedent that historical wrongs can be rectified. At the same time, by dividing the land, its trying to give a signal that its best to share with each other rather than award the whole land to one party.

And I am hopeful that this may not have a snowball effect as Ayodhya did indeed have special status. But then again, there are enough nuts in the Hindu right to take the judgement as confirmation of their stands on other issues. Google the Ram-Setu project. Another mythology troubled project.

For now I just hope that whoever is happy with this verdict please dont try and provoke the other party by celebrating or claiming this as a victory against Muslim wrongs and blah-blah. Just resist the urge to show the other party down. Move on, please.

let's see here

attack on golden temple attack on christians in orissa

and then lastly muslims in gujrat & attack on babri masjid!!

great going by peace loving hindus! :coffee:

Yet Minorities are growing here and prospering day by day..
- Remember .....following great muslim Indians..

President of India - Dr. Zakir Hussain, Dr Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam

Chief Justice of India - Mohammad Hidayatullah, A. M. Ahmadi, Mirza Hameedullah Beg

Influential Muslim politicians-
Sheikh Abdullah, Farooq Abdullah and his son Omar Abdullah, Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, Sikander Bakht, A R Antulay, C. H. Mohammed Koya, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Salman Khurshid, Saifuddin Soz, E. Ahamed, Ghulam Nabi Azad and Syed Shahnawaz Hussain

Look I did not talk about sports, science, business, Bollywood, literature etc.. contrary to your perception list is very long.

Now, look at your backyard and compare growth of non Muslims in Pakistan vs Muslims.

this is to my muslim frndz
isn't worshiping on a land which was once a temple 'haram' for you?
please do reply

Those are exactly my fears. From one angle, the judgement sets a bad precedent that historical wrongs can be rectified. At the same time, by dividing the land, its trying to give a signal that its best to share with each other rather than award the whole land to one party.

And I am hopeful that this may not have a snowball effect as Ayodhya did indeed have special status. But then again, there are enough nuts in the Hindu right to take the judgement as confirmation of their stands on other issues. Google the Ram-Setu project. Another mythology troubled project.

For now I just hope that whoever is happy with this verdict please dont try and provoke the other party by celebrating or claiming this as a victory against Muslim wrongs and blah-blah. Just resist the urge to show the other party down. Move on, please.

Dont worry mate - Ayodhya is a special case with a festering dispute for over 4 centuries and it should have been resolved by not demolishing but by sharing.

Also India of 1992 is not the same as India of 2010 and not 0.001% of the population supports another dispute.We have other priorities today and even the RSS chief has said that this is not a win or a loss for anybody and we should co-operate.

I don't think they are going to dig up all mosques. But I do believe that Krishna Janmabhoomi is next on the agenda.

I dont know if there's a Masjid angle to Krishna Janambhoomi as well (I hope not). But that is the fear that I expressed in my post. We all know that its generally believed that a lot of temples were broken down. Are we going to make sure that those structures are rebuilt? What if someone now goes to Hampi and places idols in its ruins and claims the entire land for some trust? After all Hampi too was destroyed by the conquering Muslim Deccan Sultanates too. To what extent are we going to go?

Back
Top Bottom