What's new

Bacha Khan's warning

Sorry for that. Here is rough translation as my english is not that good.
"Bad health , weakness and disease doesnt allow me today to go to each street, mosques and hujras of pakhtuns and make them understand that the war in Afghanistan, is not for islam neither it can be called jihad, it is tug of war between two great superpowers over the control of region. My pakhtun brothers, for God sake dont get involved in this war, stay away from it or you will get yourself burn in it. This is not Jihad but fasad, if this fasad is not stopped, then it will also reach to our country and homes.
Let me tell you another thing, you can convince a pakhtun to go hell but cant force him to go to jannat/heaven. Those who are going from here (pakistan) to afghanistan with arms for war, tomorrow same people wont even forgive their own homes"

He is right it's easy to brainwash your community and some how all the humans you just have to tell them that their religion is in danger.
You should read The Afghan by Frederick Forsyth story of how a god fearing family loving pathan becomes a terrorist nice work of fiction

How do Pathans see bacha khan ?

Afghan resistance started long before the USA got involved into it. I am curious to know, what was Bacha Khan Saheb's solution of the problem? That Afghans don't resist Soviet invasion and allow Soviets to rule Afghanistan?
Very simple , Pakistan could have given the Soviets access to the warm water via gwadar/Karachi , just like Pakistan has given to China recently , & in the bargain would have asked the Soviets to respect Pakistan's sovereignty & territorial integrity. This should have been the right course of action . & it could have cemented the Russia-Pak relations to Pakistan's benefits , the Russians (Soviets) needed access to the "warm waters" & in return they could have also used their influence on India to have some kind of a deal on Kashmir , the Soviet threat was actually an "missed opportunity" for Pakistan , all that was needed was some vision & good Diplomacy . But alas , the destructive whims of Zia-ul-haq was too short sighted to realize this , & instead took the destructive route of the "Afghan jihad" & as a result the catastrophic price of which , the country , is still paying today . The Afghan quagmire could have been avoided , there were many ways , other then the self destructive involvement in the Afghan jihad of the 80's

@Secur your thought's on the above

Last edited:
He is right it's easy to brainwash your community and some how all the humans you just have to tell them that their religion is in danger.
You should read The Afghan by Frederick Forsyth story of how a god fearing family loving pathan becomes a terrorist nice work of fiction

How do Pathans see bacha khan ?
Pashtun nationalists have respect for him , while Pakistanist Pashtuns consider him a traitor

There is little doubt that Bacha Khan was a controversial figure. He was a genuine Pashtun nationalist and his work for the welfare of Pakistani Pashtuns is highly commendable. He also had a secular outlook. It does not mean he was not a good Muslim, only that he was not biased and believed in a fair treatment for all religions. Because of these I admire him.

I dislike him because Bacha Khan openly opposed partition, was against Quaid-e-Azam and was a personal friend of Gandhiji .

Bacha Khan was an honest and a fair man. As a human being he stands head & shoulders above the current crop of opportunist politicians. I never met him personally but his brother Dr Khan Sahib, when Governor of West Pakistan, visited Gov’t College Sargodha and I had the honour of shaking hands with him.

Compared to the JUI , whose leader Mufti Mahmood reportedly commented after the fall of Dacca " We were never party to the sin of creation of Pakistan" and the JI, who nicknamed the Quaid "Kafir-e-Azam"; their leaders even today call killers such as Baiutull Mahsud " Shaheed"; Bacha Khan was a pussy cat.

Over all, Bacha Khan as well as Dr Khan Sahib have my deep respect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom