What's new

Bahubali Breaks PK’s Day 1 Record In USA

In my entire life I have only watched couple of Indian films - I always considered them as cheapskate and trashy lacking any originality.

I must confess though I have noticed recently that quality has gone up and they are starting to grab my attention. I can see now that Bollywood will end up matching Hollywood in not too distant future. India has asset here that will buy so much 'soft power' out there. Pakistan is in trouble.

I will keep trying to avoid watching Bollywood because of my patriotism but slowly I can see this procilivity being defeated.

@nair Seems very well put togather. What is the plot?

Make a Anti Pakistan movie I love to watch those. Those are only movies I now watch.

I like reading your posts, your sense of humor is amazing!!

In my entire life I have only watched couple of Indian films - I always considered them as cheapskate and trashy lacking any originality.

I must confess though I have noticed recently that quality has gone up and they are starting to grab my attention. I can see now that Bollywood will end up matching Hollywood in not too distant future. India has asset here that will buy so much 'soft power' out there. Pakistan is in trouble.

I will keep trying to avoid watching Bollywood because of my patriotism but slowly I can see this procilivity being defeated.

Quite a lot of Niche movies are quite good and contain a surprising amount wit and sophistication. Major releases mostly play to the galleries of mainly Indian audiences and unlikely to appeal to sensibilities of western audiences.

Bahubali: movie review; Director: S.S.Rajamouli; Cast: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Tamannah Bhatia, Anushka Shetty, Ramya Krishnan, Sathyaraj Sudeep, Adivi Sesh.

At over Rs 200 crore, Rana Daggubatti starrer Bahubali is India’s costliest and grandest film till date on both budget and scale. Bahubali – The Beginning, which is the first of a two part series, promises to be a saga is likely to go down in the annals of history. Here is why:

Starting off, the story of Bahubali follows the life of Sivudu (Prabhas) who lives a solitary life cut off from the rest of the civilization. Smuggled from his kingdom and raised by Sivagami (Ramya Krishnan) in a different tribe, Sivudu fills his days scaling mountains, unaware of his noble lineage. On a fateful day Sivudu encounters Avanthika (Tamannaah Bhatia) who is a master assassin from a rebel group that intends on crushing King Bhallala Deva (Rana Daggubatti) of Mahishpati and rescuing Devasana (Anushka Shetty). However despite Shivudu understanding nothing of it, he decides to assist the rebels in their cause since he is smitten by the stunning Avantika. Setting off on his journey to fulfill Avantika’s duty, Sivudu moves towards fulfilling his own destiny as Bahubali and in process setting in motion a series of events that lead to the second chapter.

Talking about the CGI used in the film, Bahubali is easily comparable to the Hollywood greats like The Lord Of The Rings series and even the Harry Potter series that featured entire towns, cities and regions artificially developed to look realistic. (In photo Tamannah – Bollywood Hungama)

The first 30 or so minutes of the film go in detailing each character in Bahubali and the viewer is left dazed at the scale of the visual effects used. Despite being a bit slow, the story of Bahubali soon begins to pick up pace as it progresses to show Sivudu pulled towards his destiny by an inexplicable force. However, its post the interval that the film shines with riveting sequences and awe-inspiring action coupled with stunning and by far some of the most advanced visual effects. Director S. S. Rajamouli seems to have quite literally developed a definitive masterpiece. Bahubali is a thoroughly Indian film with its roots firmly planted in mythology, and yet progressive enough to refrain from the age old clichés.

Talking about the CGI used in the film, Bahubali is easily comparable to the Hollywood greats like The Lord Of The Rings series and even the Harry Potter series that featured entire towns, cities and regions artificially developed to look realistic. Compared to the usual Indian standard of CGI work in films, the effort and detail that went into making Bahubali is visibly evident in the stunning waterfalls and the spectacular city of Mahishmati.

Bahubali: Movie review; Rana Daggubati starrer is a visual extravaganza | The Financial Express

Looks like a good movie :enjoy:

Why not watch em of YouTube & come one we love to watch your dramas

Your life is too boring with out watching movies my dear.It's pathetic to see that some body try to be patriotic by avoid watching movies.Enjoy life because there is no second chance.

The biggest and most spectacular Indian movie ever was Amar Prem ! :agree:

The recent ones are either cheap Hollywood rip-offs or cheaper Hollywood rip-offs with a desi twist ! :bad:

sans Haider and Daydh Ishqiyaa.. Both stood out from all the crap bollywood produced last year.

I know these movies are BS. They make attractive promos and songs to attract people. And turns out nothing special in these.
Do you have any idea about whats been discussed here?
Watch this

Probably you will realize what goes in making something creative
How it does on box office is secondary matter, what matters as someone in industry dared to challege the limits and have came out victoriously. I hope this opens up new era of movie making in india.

The biggest and most spectacular Indian movie ever was Amar Prem ! :agree:

The recent ones are either cheap Hollywood rip-offs or cheaper Hollywood rip-offs with a desi twist ! :bad:
Amar prem??? woh kaun si thi?? :wacko:

Why not watch em of YouTube & come one we love to watch your dramas

Don't tell anybody but YB is where I take "sneak peek" for academic purposes of course - We must keep a eye on the enemy after all.

Your life is too boring with out watching movies my dear.It's pathetic to see that some body try to be patriotic by avoid watching movies.Enjoy life because there is no second chance.

It is a poor reflection on your part if you think not watching Bollywood equates "missing out on life". I have wasted perhaps too much of my life chasing personal gratification as the world is full of things to taste. There is plenty of fruit to be enjoyed beyond Bollywood.

Back
Top Bottom