What's new

Ban forces firms to suspend business

ajpirzada

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Facebook is bound to face losses worth hundreds of thousands of dollars as the website’s blockade in Pakistan has forced local companies to suspend their advertisements and other commercial activities.
The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) had blocked Facebook on the directives of the Lahore High Court (LHC). On increasing popularity of Facebook, hundreds of companies from the private sector were engaged in business with the web giant for advertisement and commercial purposes.
Facebook, the international social network group, has nearly 2.4mn subscribers in Pakistan who daily click the website several times a day. It is the third most visited website in Pakistan after google.com and google.com.pk, according to the global web information company Alexa.
Pakistani subscribers have created hundreds of groups, activities and events on Facebook besides personal pages. Dozens of companies in corporate sector and TV channels have also developed their audience on Facebook.

Gulf Times ? Qatar?s top-selling English daily newspaper - Pakistan/Afghanistan

great... this is the whole point of ban. hurt them on economic ground

Where as i think that the whole point of ban is to curtail the growing popularity of Ex-President Pervaiz Musharraf.
Idea is to bloack the change in Pakistan and support the shaky allaince of interests between govt. and friendly opposition.
This also indicates how much Pervaiz Musharraf matters to axis of evil.

It is ridiculas to ban FB and Youtube in a free state like Pakistan.
Clearly, Pakistan is being hijacked by selfish gang.

to keep mush out? hahahahaahahahhahahahahahahaahahhaahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahaahahahahahahahahahaahhahahhaahahahahahahahaahahahah

Where as i think that the whole point of ban is to curtail the growing popularity of Ex-President Pervaiz Musharraf.
Idea is to bloack the change in Pakistan and support the shaky allaince of interests between govt. and friendly opposition.
This also indicates how much Pervaiz Musharraf matters to axis of evil.
What? was that not about an alleged cartoon competition? From where this Musharraf popped up in the whole thing? Musharraf has done enough himself that would always chase him like a ghost for the rest of his pathetic existence, no one needs to ban the facebook to curtail his 'growing popularity'.

Small businesses are also suffering.

Why does Pakistan have to be lazy and mute itself and do whatever is 'easy?'

Why cant it be like other muslim countries who are speaking out against the websites and even hacking them?

Congratz on forfeiting.

^^ It just did happened! and Pervaiz Musharraf is by far the most popular and liked person in history of Pakistan. This is an udeniable fact!!!!!
Pervaiz Musharraf's FB account fans crossed 200K mark. Can you quote the popularity graph of your pathetic leaders?
The present mafia dictating Pakistan is clearly affraid of his growing popularity and political support.
I'm anxiously waiting to see what will be the next move by this selfish gang?
Please stick to the topic. This thread is not about Musharraf or his growing or dwindling popularity, there are many other threads where this kind of fanboy stuff is being posted. This thread is about the implications of the ban on the facebook business so please make your contributions accordingly.

Small businesses are also suffering.

Why does Pakistan have to be lazy and mute itself and do whatever is 'easy?'

Why cant it be like other muslim countries who are speaking out against the websites and even hacking them?

Congratz on forfeiting.

Why are you inspiring for crime?
Ah....... the gang

blockade in Pakistan has forced local companies to suspend their advertisements and other commercial activities.

On increasing popularity of Facebook, hundreds of companies from the private sector were engaged in business with the web giant for advertisement and commercial purposes.

So the secondary purpose of it was to destroy Pakistan economy, further.

It was one of the most visited site by Pakistanis and sending out positive image of Pakistan but the dictator tola got his instructions from abroad and continued damaging Pakistan from all around.

I dunno isn't drawing Mohammed pbuh a crime to us?
I trust, you don't know.
In Iran one can buy drawings of Muhammad (pbuh) in every street and corner.
Shall we stop talking with Iranians..as well?

I trust, you don't know.
In Iran one can buy drawings of Muhammad (pbuh) in every street and corner.
Shall we stop talking with Iranians..as well?
First of all, drawing or painting Muhammed (PBUH) or any Prophet for that matter is no crime though it is not allowed in Islam. Since the Islamic sharia laws are not applicable on the non-Muslims, we can not stop people to make those figures. However, making Muhammed's cartoons and showing him in the appearance of a terrorists etc is in extreme poor taste and immoral. Folks in the West would not understand this as I have seen pictures where people had tattooed the images of Jesus Christ on their pubic area. Now if this much they respect their own Prophet, the Son of God and the God himself, than one can easily understand their respect for the Prophet of the Muslims. However, because its immoral, Muslims have all the right to record their protest.

Who wanted to record protest by baning the FB? not even 0.01 percent demanded the ban.

It was an engineered move directed at Pakistan while GOP response was anticipated, hence the end result what we see.

Who wanted to record protest by baning the FB? not even 0.01 percent demanded the ban.

It was an engineered move directed at Pakistan while GOP response was anticipated, hence the end result what we see.
Where did you get these numbers from? Prove that only 0.01% demanded the ban. At any rate, the ban did its job; the cartoonist had to take back her invitation and the very page was removed. Since the objective is achieved, the ban should be lifted now.

You misunderstood my post. Please, read again.
I'm saying it was not a popular demand, it was a dictatorial move by a selfish gang who has hijacked Pakistan and is hell bent on destroying Pakistan and Pakistanis.

MOD EDIT: keep musharraf out of this thread

Back
Top Bottom