What's new

Bangladesh Air Force Fighter Aircraft Procurement Program

If BNP gets into power, then it may be possible to procure the J-10B from China.

It would offer by far the best performance/price ratio.

BD needs to plan to deter India in the decades to come.

Mig-29 simply will not cut it.
India does have any intention to capture BD ,it could have done it way before (1971) come out of your delusions.........

used mirage-2000 from UAE can be great, UAE wants to sell them an they are relatively new......

BAF should go for single-engined aircraft.

Twin-engined ones like MiG-29 are not very rationale considering BAF's limited budget.
Yes BAF has limited budget but maintaining some air crafts is not overwhelming,well they are maintaining these air crafts for the last 10-12 years without any major problems.And they always get money from here and there.General public like us only see what they show us,for instance BN bought navy ships under ministry of fisherise and ministry of water resources because they didn't want to raise any eyebrows.

Yes BAF has limited budget but maintaining some air crafts is not overwhelming,well they are maintaining these air crafts for the last 10-12 years without any major problems.And they always get money from here and there.General public like us only see what they show us,for instance BN bought navy ships under ministry of fisherise and ministry of water resources because they didn't want to raise any eyebrows.

Twin-engined aircraft are generally always more costly to operate than single-engined ones. Why bother to operate twin-engined ones? That is why I recommend BAF to go for single-engined aircraft.

And actually, BAF had many difficulties with the MiG-29SE initially. Getting spares was always a challenge since the Russians couldn't always deliver parts on time. There were even rumors of cannibalization. But things smoothed out over time.

Simply put it, just because an aircraft is twin-engined, doesn't mean it's automatically better. The advantages are really negligible for the most part.

I understand this 'secrecy', but we can see the results can't we? It's a pretty simply rationale for BAF going for single-engined aircraft.

BAF is still a very limited force, and they should try to overcome that weakness through every possible way. Getting a cumbersome twin-engined aircraft is not part of that solution. There's a reason why Malaysia is seeking to sell off its MiG-29s.

Not saying that the MiG-29 is bad, it's just that it isn't simply for everybody. They just don't cut it.

Twin-engined aircraft are generally always more costly to operate than single-engined ones. Why bother to operate twin-engined ones? That is why I recommend BAF to go for single-engined aircraft.

And actually, BAF had many difficulties with the MiG-29SE initially. Getting spares was always a challenge since the Russians couldn't always deliver parts on time. There were even rumors of cannibalization. But things smoothed out over time.

Simply put it, just because an aircraft is twin-engined, doesn't mean it's automatically better. The advantages are really negligible for the most part.

I understand this 'secrecy', but we can see the results can't we? It's a pretty simply rationale for BAF going for single-engined aircraft.

BAF is still a very limited force, and they should try to overcome that weakness through every possible way. Getting a cumbersome twin-engined aircraft is not part of that solution. There's a reason why Malaysia is seeking to sell off its MiG-29s.

Not saying that the MiG-29 is bad, it's just that it isn't simply for everybody. They just don't cut it.
Yes i also think single engined aircrafts are better specially for a small air force like BAF and i am a die hard fan of Gripen NG.

Mig 29 is the best you can afford. But seriously, no offence but detering India is nearly impossible for BD right now.

Mig 35 is a good choice. Low cost, feature packed and cheap replacements as well...........

I am not denying that BD does not have a credible deterrent to India currently.

It needs a plan till around 2030 and starting off with a procurement of J-10B would be a very good start. It would be a match for the Rafale that India would get soon and best of all will come with half the price tag. Adding in generous financing from China and BD could afford around 100 units by 2020.

When India gets the FGFA then BD could also look at planes like the Chinese J-21 or the South Korean semi-stealth fighter currently in development. As these will also be relatively cheap BD should be also be able to afford maybe another 100 units of these aircraft.

With a force of 100 J-10B and 100 J-21/Other stealth fighter by 2030, then the BD air-force looks like it can give real fight to anything but all all-out Indian attack.

That is something that BD can afford and should plan for.

I am not denying that BD does not have a credible deterrent to India currently.

It needs a plan till around 2030 and starting off with a procurement of J-10B would be a very good start. It would be a match for the Rafale that India would get soon and best of all will come with half the price tag. Adding in generous financing from China and BD could afford around 100 units by 2020.

When India gets the FGFA then BD could also look at planes like the Chinese J-21 or the South Korean semi-stealth fighter currently in development. As these will also be relatively cheap BD should be also be able to afford maybe another 100 units of these aircraft.

With a force of 100 J-10B and 100 J-21/Other stealth fighter by 2030, then the BD air-force looks like it can give real fight to anything but all all-out Indian attack.

That is something that BD can afford and should plan for.

i think you dont have as much threat from india as you may have from your eastern border....i live with indians and they are completely opposite to what they are here in PDF....infact they see Bdeshis as brothers no matter what the religion is!!

yeah, but the govt. of india is little harsh to BDESH.......not people

i see war in the subcontinent only due to illegal immigrant issues....

Yes i also think single engined aircrafts are better specially for a small air force like BAF and i am a die hard fan of Gripen NG.

do u know how costly Gripen is ???

we have only 2 choices chinese or russian

J-10%2BPLAAF%2BMulti-role%2BFighter%2BJet2.jpg

Chengdu J 10

mig29_012.jpg

mig 29

Also, to what extent is it true that Bangladesh will be introducing Su-30MK2s?

6808518127_a39579b4b8.jpg

Looky looky :hang2:

Also, to what extent is it true that Bangladesh will be introducing Su-30MK2s?

6808518127_a39579b4b8.jpg

Looky looky :hang2:

No it is not true as there is no news about the procurement of Su-30MK2s. Only volatile declaration about the procurement of Yak-130 AJT. But we are in dying need of Maritime Fighter Aircraft hence fancy about many available fighter jets.

India does have any intention to capture BD ,it could have done it way before (1971) come out of your delusions.........

used mirage-2000 from UAE can be great, UAE wants to sell them an they are relatively new......

Bangladesh is not in a competition to deter India. We are a defensive armed force.

India could not and can not capture Bangladesh though if india dreamed of so. Before 1971 is pointless and after the death of BB in 1975 Indira Gandhi mentioned that a Super power has threatened her not to do any thing that goes against the sovereignty of Bangladesh.

No offense. Sorry for being OFF TOPIC.

War between Bangladesh and India is impossible because it will not serve the long term aim of either country.

From Bangladesh perspective India is too big to take on.

From India perspective it can defeat Bangladesh in battle but it would never be able to win the war. It would have to be an invading force and controlling a nation on 160m a feat that no country in the world has. You need only to see recent history military power does not translate well into being able to control a country after battle is done e.g Iraq Afghanistan etc. By the dint of our limited territory and a huge homogenious and nationalistic population we are a fortress nation.

India and Bangladesh due to our history and geography will collude in economic fields and I for one can not see any war in any conceivable point. Neither country is mad enough nor would it make sense because of a lack of and end goal or a prize.

But saying all that Bangladesh does need minimal deference against India and Burma not with the expectation of war but to ensure we can defend ourselves. We must ensure that a misadventure would be too costly for either country. This is merely simple defensive calculus not aggressive posturing.

Back
Top Bottom