What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Thanks for the pictures Masud. Bangladesh really needs to get some better fighters for BD airfoce.

Thanks for the pictures Masud. Bangladesh really needs to get some better fighters for BD airfoce.

Unfortunately s long as the present Govt's policy is appeasing (pa chata chati) foreign govts. - and not diplomatic engagement and active leveraging - this ain't gonna happen.

11043197_727696690678624_7206477249892543998_n.jpg

Bangladesh Air Force's latest transport bird - the L410UVP-E20....View attachment 200060

I'm glad these L410UVP-E20's are FAR23 certified now. Some of the earlier Walter-engined (Czech powerplant) L410's were not so and that's a cause for concern. One defunct airline, Air Parabat- used to operate a couple of these prototypes from Tejgaon airport about ten years ago. Their safety record with these planes was not exactly stellar.

I don't get why the air force would buy an airplane unless a reliable PT-6 engined variant was being offered. There are so many PT-6 engined twins available, most notably the economical Chinese Y-12F. See below.

y-12f_0.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad these L410UVP-E20's are FAR23 certified now. Some of the earlier Walter-engined (Czech powerplant) L410's were not so and that's a cause for concern. One defunct airline, Air Parabat- used to operate a couple of these prototypes from Tejgaon airport about ten years ago. Their safety record with these planes was not exactly stellar.

I don't get why the air force would buy an airplane unless a reliable PT-6 engined variant was being offered. There are so many PT-6 engined twins available, most notably the economical Chinese Y-12F. See below.

y-12f_0.jpg
I have the same question too!WHY ???!!!

perhaps cheap price or diversifying of supplier??? anyone???

y-12f_0.jpg

Why not CN-235s..........??????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom