What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

You sound really butt-hurt at BD military, especially the airforce?

OK, you think that BD will lose in a war with Myanmar?

1. BN is far superior to MN. BN is strong enough that the SAM systems on it's 3(soon to be 5) ships can put even up a stiff defence against MAF. MN will be sunk if they dare venture out into the Bay of Bengal by the modernised Ming-035Gs of the BN.

2. The professional BA infantry would make light work of the Barmans in northern Arakan. MAF would be severely restricted by the 2 regiments of FM-90 SAMs that BA has procured last year. FM-90 SAM is a world-class short range SAM that can simultaneously attack 3 targets out to a distance of 15km. Anyway the forests and mountains of Arakan would aid BA infantry to cover themselves from any air-attack.

3.BAF is the one area where there is serious concern. It is 2018 and the only 4th generation fighters that the air-force has is 8 Mig-29s that came into service back in 2001. Now guess who cancelled the order for 16 + 16 options of Mig-29s that AL signed with Russia in 1999 when they came into power in 2001? It is none other than the useless BNP!
But being fair, AL does not really have an excuse why after nearly 10 years in power, not a single squadron of 4th generation fighters has joined the BAF. AL only authorised the money to allow BAF to tender for fighter aircraft at the start of last year. This tender was completely messed up by BAF which can be blamed on them - hopefully BAF has learned from this.

You may not like Hasina but she has delivered economic growth like never before. All major world organisations see a robust BD economy for the next 10-15 years at least. We shall see next year whether she is serious about making the BAF into a world-class fighting force by 2030.

You see BD military can even go on the offensive against Myanmar but the problem now is the BAF lacks the fighter squadrons to protect vital assets like Chittagong port from MAF. All it would take is 2-3 squadrons of modern fighters for BAF and Myanmar would again be a severe military disadvantage against BD.

You have serious constipation of brain, dumbo!
MAF has 31 Mig-29MB. China recently supplied JF-17 with long range anti-ship and anti-radiation missile. Soon there will be six Su-30SME. There will be more anti-ship and anti-radiation missile plus the long range guided missile.

Go to back school and study little bit about math and physics. Bangladesh will have zero chance to react if MAF decides to pre-emptive strike against Bangladeshi vital infrastructure. You have few MANPAD and HQ-7.

How do you cover your arse from 250km range anti-ship and anti-radiation missile.

You are dreaming and your pathetic propaganda sucks! Keep driving Trust Cab and manufacture ice cream.

You have serious constipation of brain, dumbo!
MAF has 31 Mig-29MB. China recently supplied JF-17 with long range anti-ship and anti-radiation missile. Soon there will be six Su-30SME. There will be more anti-ship and anti-radiation missile plus the long range guided missile.

Go to back school and study little bit about math and physics. Bangladesh will have zero chance to react if MAF decides to pre-emptive strike against Bangladeshi vital infrastructure. You have few MANPAD and HQ-7.

How do you cover your arse from 250km range anti-ship and anti-radiation missile.

You are dreaming and your pathetic propaganda sucks! Keep driving Trust Cab and manufacture ice cream.

Can we cut out the insults dude as you sound like a complete twit?

FM-90 same as HQ-7? Dude it is one generation ahead. There are around a dozen batteries available where each has 12 missiles and can target 3 targets at any one time out to 15km. That can seriously blunt MAF which is not that large(~50 modern fighters after both JF-17 and Su-30 are inducted)

I also do not think that BD yet has any Manpads as it has just tendered to both Chinese and Western suppliers for manpad. Try and get your facts straight next time.

Now did I say that BD can defend infrastructure? Of course I conceded that point and that is the main reason that BD cannot go to war against savages at this point. AL has to take responsibility for not having at least inducted at least one squadron of 4th generation fighters after nearly 10 years in power and some MRSAM to defend Chittagong and Dhaka would not have gone amiss either.

But to say that Myanmar will easily beat BD in war just because it has a superior airforce is ridiculous. Egypt was able to hold off the far more numerous and more advanced for it's time Jewish airforce in 1973 just by using SAMs and anti-aircraft guns. Yes BD will take heavy losses but that does not mean that BD will lose on the ground against the rag-tag savages army.

Study and learn a bit of military history and then talk.

Last edited:
You are the kind of person that gets impressed by some fancy jets and thinks that is all.

I suggest you start by studying 1973 Arab-Israeli war and see how decent SAM systems can blunt an advanced air-force - Myanmar is far from this btw.

Once you have done this, you may have a different perspective.

Actually I'm the exact opposite of that "type of person".

Just to address a few points with some random unrelated thoughts.

1) BAF at this point couldn't fight its way out of a paper bag. If the way it botched the MRCA tender is any reflection of its competence. I really don't even know what to say. You can forget about "swatting the MAF" or whatever else empty bravado you choose to type.

2) NEVER underestimate your enemy. Truthfully, I doubt Myanmar's training and competence as well. But its better to overestimate your enemy than underestimate them.

3) I'm very aware of history. Specifically the '67 and '73 Arab-Israeli wars. You're comparing apples and oranges.

4) I want BAF and for that matter all of the BD armed services to be strong and capable. But this will need far more than buying fancy and expensive equipment. The people behind the machines have to learn how to effectively employ the systems to achieve specific objectives. And honestly, I'm also concerned about judgement of the policy makers and military strategists that will send or not send these men and women into conflict.

5) Bangladesh got b*tch slapped in the last year. Let's all be clear about that.

6) @polanski has a point about a distinct lack of masculine aggression with Bangladesh.

I will try to post later regarding specific military and tactical issues with BAF regarding a potential conflict with Myanmar.

I have no formal training in military affairs. Just a casual interest since i was 4. But I am formally trained in a highly technical and complex field requiring rapid analysis of data and subsequent action with high stakes.

So as to say my words are not that of some fan boi to give you an idea of where I'm coming from.

mi-17.jpg

Mothball of Bangladesh Air Guard. These stupids are thinking of flying aircraft. This is exactly why Bangladesh does not need an Air Guard. The "Force" word doesn't apply for Bangladesh.

Besides, BBC reports that Bangladeshi Air wings or Air Guard personnel were infected with HIV at UN peacekeeping mission. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1696063.stm

https://exoatmospheric.wordpress.co...h-airspace-can-belong-to-anyone-who-wants-it/

http://hivinemergencies.org/contexts/peacekeeping/

@Aung Zaya @tarpitz @Nilgiri
I have to break the silence!!!! If it's true what's written in the article then how come BD folks can still laugh????? Shouldn't they pull all their resources to have a decent AF ASAP????? What are they waiting for?????
Some heart-wrenching excerpts from the article (I don't want even my sworn enemy to be in such a precarious condition):
  • Bangladesh would be the smallest air force with combat capabilities with eight Mig-29s third generation fixed-wing aircraft that are limited in modern capability,– can carry only short-range A2A missile and free-fall bombs. The most important part of it, Bangladesh Air Force or domestically known as BAF’s aircraft are not ready at any time to be mounted with weapons. BAF’s pilots are also prone to crash aircraft in a clear sky.
  • Bangladesh Air Force doesn’t have the ability to fly at night. By 2018 Bangladesh Air Force became more ineffective, almost all of the BAF’s aircraft couldn’t even fly not because of the aircraft because of the pilots who are barely trained to fly.
  • During the 2017 stand-off with Myanmar, the Myanmar Air Force was able to fly helicopter and drones over Bangladeshi airspace for more than 72 hours without any reciprocation from Bangladesh Air Force or the Army. Bangladeshi politicians resort to knocking the Chinese doorstep to help them bail out from an embarrassing situation.
  • In the 2017 confrontation with Myanmar (who also under sanctions by the West for ethnic cleansing) launched a series of provocation to Bangladesh with a constant threat to wiping out the vital infrastructure of Bangladesh like the Chittagong Seaport, Chittagong Airport and Cox Bazar airbase, Bangladesh resort to China to intervene and resolve the stand-off. Meanwhile, Bangladeshi politicians try to sort out the dispute whilst Bangladesh Air Force steps aside like a bystander.
  • The Myanmar Air Force which currently operates thirty-one Mig-29BM,–placed order for six Su-30SME and 16 JF17 from Pakistan. On the first day of any war, Bangladesh’s primitive airbases which are also used by civilian aero planes could have been taken out of the equation if a war broke between Bangladesh and Myanmar.
  • Bangladesh media reported that BAF’s pilots get something like 20 flight hours a year. And when they do train, fuel reserves for actual flying are so scarce that their primary simulator is their imagination.
  • Little effort to modernise the military, corruption, diversion of funds, primitive military infrastructure, poor management decision and poorly trained pilots contributed to the current state. Bangladesh Army and Navy could be under potential threat of extinction by any regional air force while their air cover is away.

1) BAF at this point couldn't fight its way out of a paper bag. If the way it botched the MRCA tender is any reflection of its competence. I really don't even know what to say. You can forget about "swatting the MAF" or whatever else empty bravado you choose to type.

2) NEVER underestimate your enemy. Truthfully, I doubt Myanmar's training and competence as well. But its better to overestimate your enemy than underestimate them.

3) I'm very aware of history. Specifically the '67 and '73 Arab-Israeli wars. You're comparing apples and oranges.

4) I want BAF and for that matter all of the BD armed services to be strong and capable. But this will need far more than buying fancy and expensive equipment. The people behind the machines have to learn how to effectively employ the systems to achieve specific objectives. And honestly, I'm also concerned about judgement of the policy makers and military strategists that will send or not send these men and women into conflict.

5) Bangladesh got b*tch slapped in the last year. Let's all be clear about that.

6) @polanski has a point about a distinct lack of masculine aggression with Bangladesh.

I will try to post later regarding specific military and tactical issues with BAF regarding a potential conflict with Myanmar.

I have no formal training in military affairs. Just a casual interest since i was 4. But I am formally trained in a highly technical and complex field requiring rapid analysis of data and subsequent action with high stakes.

So as to say my words are not that of some fan boi to give you an idea of where I'm coming from.
Many a great pilot in the PAF was from the East Pak....

Last edited:
Can we cut out the insults dude as you sound like a complete twit?

FM-90 same as HQ-7? Dude it is one generation ahead. There are around a dozen batteries available where each has 12 missiles and can target 3 targets at any one time out to 15km. That can seriously blunt MAF which is not that large(~50 modern fighters after both JF-17 and Su-30 are inducted)

I also do not think that BD yet has any Manpads as it has just tendered to both Chinese and Western suppliers for manpad. Try and get your facts straight next time.

Now did I say that BD can defend infrastructure? Of course I conceded that point and that is the main reason that BD cannot go to war against savages at this point. AL has to take responsibility for not having at least inducted at least one squadron of 4th generation fighters after nearly 10 years in power and some MRSAM to defend Chittagong and Dhaka would not have gone amiss either.

But to say that Myanmar will easily beat BD in war just because it has a superior airforce is ridiculous. Egypt was able to hold off the far more numerous and more advanced for it's time Jewish airforce in 1973 just by using SAMs and anti-aircraft guns. Yes BD will take heavy losses but that does not mean that BD will lose on the ground against the rag-tag savages army.

Study and learn a bit of military history and then talk.

You need to study military history first. Do not post half-truth.
Israeli Air Force launched pre-emptive strike on Egypt, Syria and Jordan to wipe out airbases. Then Israeli Army slaughtered Egyptian and Syrian armies. Read the history again aka six days Arab Israeli war.

Why do you think Jordan and Egypt signed a peace treaty with Israel because they don't want to be f$cked by Israel again.

BTW HQ-7 is not that good, off course not great. HQ-7 has zero effect against stand-off weapons.

Russian SAM is useless against low observable stand-off weapons and fighter jets. Check the fact. Don't mix your propaganda BS with reality.

Israeli Air Force launched pre-emptive strike on Egypt, Syria and Jordan to wipe out airbases. Then Israeli Army slaughtered Egyptian and Syrian armies. Read the history again aka six days Arab Israeli war.

Why do you think Jordan and Egypt signed a peace treaty with Israel because they don't want to be f$cked by Israel again.

BTW HQ-7 is not that good, off course not great. HQ-7 has zero effect against stand-off weapons.

Russian SAM is useless against low observable stand-off weapons and fighter jets. Check the fact. Don't mix your propaganda BS with reality.
I just wish that JF17s along with the entire weapons package aren't used against BD!!!! The problem is the PAF is also a part of the selling team!!! It means they might be required to train the Burmese pilots!!!! And, that's a deadly combination!!! I hope they hold the Burmese pilots to a lower training regime...

You are mostly right in this part. Air force alone can not win the war unless it enjoy overwhelming superiority against the opponent. Myanmar has bigger air force than Bangladesh, no doubt.But experts say that, it's maintenance is very poor. So how many of their Mig-29 is currently air worthy, is a big question. Their Su-30 and JF-17 is yet to come. So, statistically Myanmar airforce do not have wider margin superiority against BAF and air defence of Bangladesh yet. But it may change once their Su-30 and jf-17 join the force and if BAF continue to their legendary foot dragging.

Last edited:
This AL govt. ruling BD 10 years, at least 1 sqd. they should buy 4+ gen. fighter,BAF are reorgananizing, new bases, training jets are coming but we can't open our sky.this no purchasing decision BD has gone 15 years behind from others.

Please say where I said BAF can take down MAF.?
Whatever field you are in has no relevance to this discussion.
Again read about October war of 1973 and try to learn something about how effective modern SAM's are against highly advanced strike aircraft and then come back.

Just some clueless fanboys I am talking to here again.

Last edited:

Dude, you even know the difference between the 1967 war where the Jewish air-force wiped out the Arab airforces in a pre-emptive strike, and the 1973 one where Egyptian and Syrian SAMs and anti-aircraft guns grounded an airforce that was far larger and more advanced than the Myanmar one even after all the JF-17s and SU-30SMEs have joined the fleet?
I am not interested in teaching you basics and so please Google and learn a bit about military warfare.

FM-90 SAM not that good? LOL it is more than sufficient to protect BD army against Myanmarese air-attack if BD was to get involved in a war against the Barman army.
You clearly have not read my previous posts properly but here are the capabilities of just one FM-90 battery of which BD has 12 or so in total and rising:

https://www.airforce-technology.com/news/newsbaf-inducts-fm-90-missile-system/

FM-90 has one command vehicle with 3 launchers of 4 missiles each giving total of 12 missiles.
Simultaneous attack of 3 targets out to 15-17km.

See FM-90 is not a point defence missile and has enough simultaneous target ability and range to down score after score of Barman jets.

Russian SAMs? You aware that FM-90 SAM is an enhanced version of the reverse engineered French Crotale SAM?

You are pretty clueless as can be seen but unfortunately there are a few BD'shi juveniles on pdf that have been impressed by your nonsense so far.

At the end of the day... a small rag tag air force like BAF or MAF can’t accomplish the objectives their respective countries desire.

Dude, you even know the difference between the 1967 war where the Jewish air-force wiped out the Arab airforces in a pre-emptive strike, and the 1973 one where Egyptian and Syrian SAMs and anti-aircraft guns grounded an airforce that was far larger and more advanced than the Myanmar one even after all the JF-17s and SU-30SMEs have joined the fleet?
I am not interested in teaching you basics and so please Google and learn a bit about military warfare.

FM-90 SAM not that good? LOL it is more than sufficient to protect BD army against Myanmarese air-attack if BD was to get involved in a war against the Barman army.
You clearly have not read my previous posts properly but here are the capabilities of just one FM-90 battery of which BD has 12 or so in total and rising:

https://www.airforce-technology.com/news/newsbaf-inducts-fm-90-missile-system/

FM-90 has one command vehicle with 3 launchers of 4 missiles each giving total of 12 missiles.
Simultaneous attack of 3 targets out to 15-17km.

See FM-90 is not a point defence missile and has enough simultaneous target ability and range to down score after score of Barman jets.

Russian SAMs? You aware that FM-90 SAM is an enhanced version of the reverse engineered French Crotale SAM?

You are pretty clueless as can be seen but unfortunately there are a few BD'shi juveniles on pdf that have been impressed by your nonsense so far.
FM90 is short range AD system used for point defence or in armoured columns as AD umbrella. We have been using it since it's inception (the French Crotale from where it originated and on to it's Chinese variants). I don't think it offers any thing extra as claimed by you. I don't think BD military stand a chance if Myanmar air force procures standoff weapons with Thunders and SU fighters which they certainly would.

Back
Top Bottom