What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I used to like Beruni's articles about BAF but he lost me with his malocious posts using this fake falseflagging account.
this isn''t beruni for sure, this isn't american either

Mig 21s were already grounded as Russia declined to provide spare parts after Sheikh Mujib's assassination in 1975.
for a short time, they were back in operation and finally retired in 89/90
from what i count with our mig 29 fleet... there had been years when they were grounded... based on your flight hours.
one conclusion that can be drawn from this is that from back when BNP govt. grounded them in order to sell them.
air force officers refused and placed them in storage... many officers were dishonorably discharged but that god the AF held on strong with patience.... they were flying again from 2004/2005

Okay so 8 mi35 attack helicopter has been approved

Bangladesh looks west for attack helicopters
4th December 2018 - 07:11 GMT | by Neelam Mathews in Delhi

Bangladesh has approved the purchase of eight Western attack helicopters for the first time, these to be used by the air force to support the army. Consequently, an RfP will be issued by January 2019.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/defence-helicopter/bangladesh-looks-west-attack-helicopters/

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bangladesh-looks-west-for-attack-helicopters.590032/#post-10993675

Bangladesh looks west for attack helicopters
4th December 2018 - 07:11 GMT | by Neelam Mathews in Delhi

Bangladesh has approved the purchase of eight Western attack helicopters for the first time, these to be used by the air force to support the army. Consequently, an RfP will be issued by January 2019.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/defence-helicopter/bangladesh-looks-west-attack-helicopters/

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bangladesh-looks-west-for-attack-helicopters.590032/#post-10993675
Eight more to be bought in 2020

Wait, Mi-35? Why is everyone bringing Russian helicopter here? Do you have access to this article? Did your admin say that?
the plan was to get either mi35 or t-129 but with the engine sourcing issue they went ahead with that.

Except BD Military, DTB and DefRes? Is BD military also talking about Mi-35 in this particular article? Will U.S sanctions effect these purchase?
See bd military is instead saying that these are not priority purchase, mi171 is needed in quantity and there’s more chance that the contract will go to Leonardo since they’re also establishing MRO plant, bd military is with more wildcats and 129 in mind... while yesterday’s source was from I think India!? And then spread on by DTB and DefRes

one conclusion that can be drawn from this is that from back when BNP govt. grounded them in order to sell them
They were grounded because they were expensive to maintain. Around 10-15 million per year for the fleet(compared to the unit cost of 15 milllion). They were simply too expensive to maintain, that's Why BNP wanted to sell them off altogether.

They were grounded because they were expensive to maintain. Around 10-15 million per year for the fleet(compared to the unit coat of 15 milllion). They were simply too expensive to maintain, that's Why BNP wanted to sell them off altogether.

Did that costing change somehow when they were reintroduced into service?

Did that costing change somehow when they were reintroduced into service?
I don't think so, then again im not so knowledgeable about the matter. In the early 2000's we were poor, and thats when i heard about the rumors of only 2-3 of our migs were operational.

But bd was much stronger economically by the late 2000's, so i guess we could afford to maintain them by then.
And I know for a fact that the migs were not grounded from 2008 and onwards. ( I recall seeing them in the skies every now and then from around 2008-9)

I don't think so, then again im not so knowledgeable about the matter. In the early 2000's we were poor, and thats when i heard about the rumors of only 2-3 of our migs were operational.

But bd was much stronger economically by the late 2000's, so i guess we could afford to maintain them by then.
And I know for a fact that the migs were not grounded from 2008 and onwards. ( I recall seeing them in the skies every now and then from around 2008-9)

Lol.
BD was not so poor it could not maintain 8 Mig-29 fighters.
BNP had a vendetta against AL and the BAF and that is why they wanted to sell the Mig-29s.

Lol.
BD was not so poor it could not maintain 8 Mig-29 fighters.
BNP had a vendetta against AL and the BAF and that is why they wanted to sell the Mig-29s.
We kinda were, at least if you consider our foreign reserves at that time.

Back
Top Bottom