What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

BAF is a basketcase.

Facts.

I kind of feel sorry for baf. If baf gets cutting edge fighters right now at this moment then u.s will see bdesh as a military asset and will pressure it to join the quad or some other alliance.

Bangladesh village girls are better than city ones. Atleast they’re kochi

Kochi or non-kochi they all come with their own set of problems. Vapid humid sobsister psychos....most of them.

All problems related to plumbing....

There really doesn’t seem to be any impetus from the BD government on equipping its air force beyond what they deem is the minimal to counter any threat from Myanmar.

It's likely a multifactorial problem.

Of course there are the changing geopolitical winds affecting many nations.

This, to no fault of the BAF or government of Bangladesh will complicate procurement decisions.

However, we likely can not dismiss the notion of an overall neutering of Bangladeshi military capability by internal Indian interests.

Both on the external and internal level.

There is likely corruption, and inter service rivalry as @Arthur noted on a previous post.

And I would further speculate further a lack of vision by decision makers.

Top that with a general docility of the Bangladeshi psyche and you get what we see.

It's likely a multifactorial problem.

Of course there are the changing geopolitical winds affecting many nations.

This, to no fault of the BAF or government of Bangladesh will complicate procurement decisions.

However, we likely can not dismiss the notion of an overall neutering of Bangladeshi military capability by internal Indian interests.

Both on the external and internal level.

There is likely corruption, and inter service rivalry as @Arthur noted on a previous post.

And I would further speculate further a lack of vision by decision makers.

Top that with a general docility of the Bangladeshi psyche and you get what we see.
The only reason you neuter a country is if you wish to keep them as a vassal state.

The other reasons also could play into it but it is surprising since the BAF is carrying the same culture that the PAF does so one doesn’t expect the leadership to be laying down and not fighting for the service’s requirements. The recent C-130 acquisition does point to where benign gains are “allowed” by the government and any others that could really transform the force are not prioritized.

The only reason you neuter a country is if you wish to keep them as a vassal state.

The other reasons also could play into it but it is surprising since the BAF is carrying the same culture that the PAF does so one doesn’t expect the leadership to be laying down and not fighting for the service’s requirements. The recent C-130 acquisition does point to where benign gains are “allowed” by the government and any others that could really transform the force are not prioritized.

Yeah, I mean its clear what India wants for the region.

And there are those in Bangladesh who are willing to go along.

Bangladesh IS very much like a vassal state.

But again, Bangladesh isn't alone in being influenced by greater powers/regional behemoths.

As for the culture of BAF being common to that of PAF; I fear the damage has already been done.

BAF acts like its a shell of what it could have been.

I dunno how to reverse the rot.

I guess first there has to be a willingness to address it.

There are rumblings from some in social media or at least what the general public can see that refer to capability shortfalls, namely lack of a modern MRCA for BAF.

But for whatever reason, we are not seeing much in the way of addressing it.

What we DO see are procurements that don't really move the needle.

man why you gotta do this me ?
its not even april 1st

anywho those birds are almost 200 million/unit with arms and packages. For comparison, Indonesian rafales cost around 189 million/unit +package

MRCA will cost some 187 million/unit + arms, training and logistics. Whomever can provide the best financing options will win (whenever that is ). I have a feeling its going to be La France :drag: 🇫🇷

man why you gotta do this me ?
its not even april 1st

anywho those birds are almost 200 million/unit with arms and packages. For comparison, Indonesian rafales cost around 189 million/unit +package

MRCA will cost some 187 million/unit + arms, training and logistics. Whomever can provide the best financing options will win (whenever that is ). I have a feeling its going to be La France :drag: 🇫🇷

It wouldn't shock me if it was US sourced.

Depends how receptive BD is gonna be.

If that's the case, then why not Super Hornet?

If that's the case, then why not Super Hornet?
(F-18) 18,000 USD/hour vs (F-16) 7000 USD/hour

Plus the Viper has a higher thrust to weight ratio, helps in climbing and BVR engagements.
The US is offering us F-16s and we should get them (with the C7/C8 AMRAAMs).
Depends how receptive BD is gonna be.
Do you really think BD can say no to USA ?

It doesn't matter what BD thinks , this is not a relationship of equals
ppl underestimate how much the BAL officials love their sea-front properties in Canada.

This isn't Black and white , there are advantages and challenges.

(F-18) 18,000 USD/hour vs (F-16) 7000 USD/hour

Plus the Viper has a higher thrust to weight ratio, helps in climbing and BVR engagements.
The US is offering us F-16s and we should get them (with the C7/C8 AMRAAMs).

Do you really think BD can say no to USA ?

It doesn't matter what BD thinks , this is not a relationship of equals
ppl underestimate how much the BAL officials love their sea-front properties in Canada.

This isn't Black and white , there are advantages and challenges.

LOL.

Yeah you're right about that.

I kind of see the US/BD relationship as that of the mafia and local neighborhood grocery owner.

The US is gonna make an offer BD CAN'T refuse.

In terms of platforms for BAF.

I mean, if the maritime mission is so important and also considering BAF would likely be working with USN/USMC rather than USAF, wouldn't Super Hornets be the preferred choice?

As for AMRAAMS.

I don't see BAF getting access to them.

Or at least the US may be very reluctant.

Or may offer older versions.

I can't imagine India would be pleased.

And we see how they cry about things like that.

And we see how they cry about things like that.
the most insecure nation on earth ,

demand for antihypertensive medication in new dehli went up that day...

Or at least the US may be very reluctant.

Or may offer older versions.
luckily they dont make air launched sparrows anymore.
plus i am not sure if the C5 is still in production. its all part of negotiations.

I can't imagine India would be pleased.
the alternative is BD buying Chinese jets. The USA will do whatever it feels necessary to protect its interests , even if it means temporarily upsetting its friends and allies.

Can't copy it here but basically it's saying BAF is gonna buy 2 squadrons F-16V.

Plans have been shelved for Typhoon or Rafale. (For now)

Kinda makes sense to me actually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom