What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Brotatos.

The situation is sad.

Anything less than a standard 4+ gen fighter and in numbers is a fail.

But if it isn’t abundantly apparent at this point.

Bangladesh just doesn’t take its military capability seriously.

Well I'll be happy if it is a FTC-2000G - which can do BVR with SD-10 missiles. Of course this pa-chata BAL govt. will probably de-fang the thing, just to please Modi.

I actually predicted that this might happen, a few years ago. The Chinese authorities were going to shut down the F-7 line and they may have had talks with BAF people. Maybe the Indians influenced Hasina and twisted her hand - so BAF never proceeded with the plan.

In Chinese PLA service this is called the Guizhou JL-9G. The intakes, wing and cockpit have been massively changed from the last version of the F-7 made. See how the wing has been enlarged and given a double delta planform, which is even larger than the double-delta wing of the last F-7 model made (supplied to BAF and PAF). Wing is almost the size of the F-15. Clearly to increase range with bag tanks and to be able to carry more munitions.

The nose has faceted structure too, kind of semi-stealth.
FTC-2000 (JL-9) is a Trainer aircraft. It's not a fighter jet.
Screenshot_20230725_224053.jpg

Guizhou mainly produces Trainer aircraft and UAV.

FTC-2000 (JL-9) is a Trainer aircraft. It's not a fighter jet.
View attachment 941113

Guizhou mainly produces Trainer aircraft and UAV.

You are correct.

However FTC2000 was further developed into FTC-2000G as a limited use fighter with nine hard points. Alongside the extra fuel and munitions weights which necessitated the improved larger wing with extra square footage/meterage - further downside is reduced speed (Mach 1.2 for cruise, never exceed Mach 1.4) for the FTC-2000G.

Both FTC-2000 and FTC-2000G (the "G" denotes improved in Chinese) were still prototypes as of this writing, series production has not commenced to my understanding, unless you have news to that effect, even for PLAAF. Here is a 3-view for FTC-2000G.

1690315902847.png

You are correct.

However FTC2000 was further developed into FTC-2000G as a limited use fighter with nine hard points. Alongside the extra fuel and munitions weights which necessitated the improved larger wing with extra square footage/meterage - further downside is reduced speed (Mach 1.2 for cruise, never exceed Mach 1.4) for the FTC-2000G.

Both FTC-2000 and FTC-2000G (the "G" denotes improved in Chinese) were still prototypes as of this writing, series production has not commenced to my understanding, unless you have news to that effect, even for PLAAF. Here is a 3-view for FTC-2000G.

View attachment 941277
Bilal bhai, we don't need trainers any more. We need jet fighters to keep our skies free. I think the govt. won't buy jet fighters before election for political reason😟

You are correct.

View attachment 941277
Bro. Maybe I was wrong. the FTC-2000G can be used as a Attack aircraft to strike ground targets. But indeed, its speed is slow and easy to be shot down by anti-aircraft missiles.

Bro. Maybe I was wrong. the FTC-2000G can be used as a Attack aircraft to strike ground targets. But indeed, its speed is slow and easy to be shot down by anti-aircraft missiles.
We don't need FTC-2000G, we need J10 to put up a fight against enemies. But necessary funds to procure jet fighters haven't been allocated to the the air force.

could not find any single source except this one...!!
The Bangladeshi media outlets are fully controlled by Awami League. I guess they refrained from publishing the embarrassing news to please Hasina.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom