What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

One needs quality and quantity ideally but where money is short i would personally opt for quality all the time.

We will have some J-10 in time but i do not believe BAF will have the resources for 80.

In a time of conflict India is not free to deploy her entire airpower against BD.

I am perplexed.... why do you think BAF will only use 12 EFT that it does not have to counter IAF? BAF has other assets.
I am not saying that IAF will have the privilege to deploy all her assets against BAF. But if IAF deploys a fraction of her assets against BAF then BAF will have to stop sending her pilots to fly their meagre resources against IAF. The GoB can garner enough resources to buy 80 J-10C aircraft from China as they are way cheaper than Typhoon. Kuwait bought a few Typhoon aircraft which cost them $300 million per unit. Where as J-10C cost just $50-60 million per unit.

I am not saying that IAF will have the privilege to deploy all her assets against BAF. But if IAF deploys a fraction of her assets against BAF then BAF will have to stop sending her pilots to fly their meagre resources against IAF. The GoB can garner enough resources to buy 80 J-10C aircraft from China as they are way cheaper than Typhoon. Kuwait bought a few Typhoon aircraft which cost them $300 million per unit. Where as J-10C cost just $50-60 million per unit.
I understand what you are saying. But in air dominance quantity can not overcome quality. BAF need a mix of high and low. J10 can not counter the raffles.... for that we need EFT.

J10 and other assets we need to deal with other threat.

It is an expensive endevour but such is the price of freedom.

I understand what you are saying. But in air dominance quantity can not overcome quality. BAF need a mix of high and low. J10 can not counter the raffles.... for that we need EFT.

I totally agree with you specially the freedom part:-)

How reliable is the source? The jet trainer on the video looks like modified PT-6.
u could say a modified cessna...and the video was taken from an official documentary during the celebration of 52nd anniversary of Bangladesh Airforce...

u could say a modified cessna...and the video was taken from an official documentary during the celebration of 52nd anniversary of Bangladesh Airforce...
But BAF does not operate cessna. It's the army which operates cessna.

Any info on it. Looks like a pile of crap... BAF should just buy a kit plane..... actually maybe they did

Any info on it. Looks like a pile of crap... BAF should just buy a kit plane..... actually maybe they did
they had to start from somewhere...

393229201_3572604816328560_9143064138279529147_n.jpg
391623560_703286848500466_971634785797319288_n.jpg

Selex Falco Astore UAV of BAF armed with cirit laser guided rocket pod

This is a kit plane indeed. Something that won't get India's panties in a knot.
they will cry over anything...man, they didn't even want the raising of our SF units...now u can call this a kit plane, a toy plane whatever u want...but this will clear the path of assembling/building an intermediate jet trainer or an advanced jet trainer!

they will cry over anything...man, they didn't even want the raising of our SF units...now u can call this a kit plane, a toy plane whatever u want...but this will clear the path of assembling/building an intermediate jet trainer or an advanced jet trainer!

Yes - more investment and more technical training needed for sure.

Unless Hasina is ousted, this state of affairs (India kiboshing our self-sufficiency efforts) will not stop.

For a country having half the population of the US, this is more than embarrassing.

I mean these types of kit planes are made by experimenters in people's garages in the US.

Last edited:

If J-10 can counter threats for Pakistan, then why not for Bangladesh?

Doesn't seem logical to me

Back
Top Bottom