What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I have a doubt that F-7BGI is capable enough to replace these super-capable (in its class) deep penetration attack aircraft. These are legends. Even PLAAF has not found any suitable replacement for these.

F-7 is not a multi-role deep penetration plane like Mig-29. It is basically a bomber with functions also of a fighter. I have heard that BGI is F-7 only in name. Its design is completely different. If it is true then there is reason to believe that BAF is deceiving its neighbours. However, even if it is a normal BGI without a deep penetration capability BGIs from Cox's Bazaar base will certainly be able to bomb nearby targets in Sittwe and other military assets of Burma.

F-7 is not a multi-role deep penetration plane like Mig-29. It is basically a bomber with functions also of a fighter. I have heard that BGI is F-7 only in name. Its design is completely different. If it is true then there is reason to believe that BAF is deceiving its neighbours. However, even if it is a normal BGI without a deep penetration capability BGIs from Cox's Bazaar base will certainly be able to bomb nearby targets in Sittwe and other military assets of Burma.

The MiG-29SE variant cannot hit ground targets.

The BGI is likely to be for close-air-support role like A-5 is. And yes, the A-5s would be replaced. They are getting old.

New F-7BGIs soon on their way from China to Bangladesh:

27_10174_a8fb6f01e4b3646.jpg

27_10174_329c521744726f8.jpg

The color scheme is soothing to the eyes,and i really liked the thundercat insignia.Looks like a beautiful little aircraft :D

all other countries are in the process of retiring their MIG-21's and F-7's and BDAF is inducting new one's......is this a good decision considering how old the fighter is???

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE? similar to f-7Bg! no change!!
I suspected earlier there wouldn't be any physical difference between the two.Whatever,its time for some real deal with China.I hope China will give us J-10 when Khaleda Zia comes to power after next election.

all other countries are in the process of retiring their MIG-21's and F-7's and BDAF is inducting new one's......is this a good decision considering how old the fighter is???

It is rather the function of the aircraft. F7 is our interceptors to intercept enemy planes. If i am not wrong india, pakistan and china also uses a lot of interceptors. Our interceptors are aging and are limited in number, so bought a few more.

Since our Military is defence based, we have interceptors to guard our skies. We want to go for multi role aircrafts but since we are a poor country, we are using the F7s as stop gap before buying new fighter jets

What are the main differences between the Bangladeshi J-7BG and Pakistan J-7P and J-PG ?

How is the relation from Bangladesh Army-Air Force to Pakistani Military ? ( sorry for wrong topic)

I am a little disappointed after seeing the new F-7BGI pictures. I was expecting a new shape. However, I hope, this plane is fitted with stronger engines that can give it higher speed, better manuevering, shorter climbing time and are more equipped with precision guided (?) bombing devices. Can Chinese Dragon post the specifications of BGI?

F-7MB , F-7BG , F-7BGI ...

408699_318780318230089_1485113561_n.jpg
"

* 10 F-7MB remains operational of a total of 12 F-7MB and 4 FT-7MB delivered in early 1990. All F-7MB are scheduled to be retired from active duty from 2014.

* 12 F-7BG with 4 FT-7BG received in early 2006. F-7BG is better than MiG-21Bison and similar variant to F-7PG.

* 16 stop-gap F-7BGI to be delivered by 2012 which shall eventually retire F-7MB and A-5III from active duty starting from 2014.
Chengdu F-7BGI is the most advanced & latest variant of F-7 family and to be delivered in 2012. These aircraft are of new variant are equipped with advanced avionics shall include HOTAS Contol, three MFD display and HUD. The aircraft shall also be equipped with both air-to-air and GPS guided munitions.

418155_153421311471269_711399606_n.jpg

F-7 Family of BAF ...

- MHJ ...

Back
Top Bottom