What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

The best defence bangladesh had against Myanmar was international diplomacy and friends!! But now as we know USA even started military practise with Myanmar- We are alone!! we need to bring change in our military procurement policy!!

It's all part of the US encircling plan aimed to contain China's growing influence in the region, even then Myanmar wouldn't dare take US for granted over China, as the Chinese are the major arms suppliers as well as the most biggest contributer to Myanmar's economy. A more warm diplomatic ties with Beijing would would grant Bangladesh surety to some extent over a possible BD-Myanmar conflict... Moreover if I'm not wrong, Myanmar's armed forces does not have the capability to fight outside its boundaries whereas we do :) so no worries brother, for the near future...

Abhishek what will will those be used for, the ones, light aircrafts?

It's just that Bangladesh doesn't have a budget large enough to procure a sufficient fleet of modern 4+ generation fighters. It's a $130+ billion economy (not including the shadow economy) with a population of over 150 million (and growing) after all.

It is not probably the short budget because both Russia and China are selling goods under credits. Issue is the availability of trained pilots for 4.5 gen. In order to train pilots BAF has purchased 16 units of YAK-130 training planes under the Russian credit of $850million to train pilots the modern 4.5+ generation planes.

So, it is immature to say (not you, but as some others say) BAF has made a grave mistake by not purchasing 4.5+ gen planes. The link you have sent somewhere in some thread is very nformative, indeed. BGI is an improved version of any other previous version of F-7. It has more avionics than them, and it has seven hard points instead of five.

BAF

about_baf.jpg

Bangladesh-Air-Force_C-130B-Hercules_220512.jpg

5017-Mil-Mi-17_PlanespottersNet_296289.jpg

799px-Bangladesh_Air_Force_Nanchang_CJ-6_%2B_Bell_206_Shevelev-1.jpg

25219.jpg

They look rubbish... Stopgap does not mean buy the same when everyone else is moving ahead. Maybe functionally they are better but I am disheartened by these pictures.
I agree on what you said. even if we have a smaller budget, we should start to buy better aircrafts but maybe lesser quantity.

Back
Top Bottom