What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

L-39ZA
10333283_285631038282908_702716653924534075_o.jpg

Mi-17H
10341488_276387069207305_1685543478673293467_n.jpg

I am only saying BAF could get up to 32 [2 squadrons] this is the only disagreement between rest we do agree, BD has a very impressive Economy.

Who knows Chinese might come up with non advanced [stealth] airframe for affordable markets that could cost much lesser yet has lower RCS similar to J-10B...is there any possibility No Clue.... remember Chinese were working on F-7MF which would have been much cheaper around 10-11m compared to FC-1 20m but the program got cancelled in favor of FC-1/JF-17.

040315j7mf.jpg

Our very very great friend and benefactor who has installed SHW to reign over us, does not appreciate our buying Chinese military eqpt.

From the recent pictures for J-10B,it seems I have underestimated CAC's production ability, so if BD really orders them, it will not be a problem for CAC to fullfill both PLAAF and BD air force.
but in fact, political go-ahead comes ahead of supplier capability..... we have to wait to see where it goes, unfortunately.... :)

Bangladesh Orders Two AW139 Helicopters for Maritime SAR
Posted on Jul 15th, 2014

AgustaWestland announced that the Ministry of Defence (MoD) of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh has signed a contract for two AW139 intermediate twin-engine helicopters.

These helicopters, which will be delivered by the end of 2015, will be operated by the Bangladesh Air Force to perform maritime search and rescue (SAR) and other utility missions.

This contract, which also includes a comprehensive support and training package, marks the establishment of the first dedicated maritime SAR helicopter fleet in the country. The AW139 was selected after an extensive evaluation process against a wide range of requirements including performance and safety. By choosing the AW139, the Bangladesh MoD will leverage on Finmeccanica – AgustaWestland’s extensive expertise in SAR and emergency services as well as the unmatched capabilities of the bestselling and most modern helicopter for the task.

The Bangladesh Air Force’s AW139s will feature an advanced mission configuration including a search/weather radar, FLIR, search light, rescue hoist, emergency floats and a state-of-the-art 4-axis dual digital AFCS with hover and SAR modes. Thanks to the AW139, the Bangladesh Air Force will be able to carry out the most demanding all-weather SAR operations in a maritime environment and will benefit from the high role versatility of the helicopter to conduct other utility missions in support of maritime security and disaster relief operations.

Bangladesh Orders Two AW139 Helicopters for Maritime SAR >> Naval Today

Bangladesh Orders Two AW139 Helicopters for Maritime SAR
Posted on Jul 15th, 2014
AgustaWestland announced that the Ministry of Defence (MoD) of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh has signed a contract for two AW139 intermediate twin-engine helicopters.

These helicopters, which will be delivered by the end of 2015, will be operated by the Bangladesh Air Force to perform maritime search and rescue (SAR) and other utility missions.

This contract, which also includes a comprehensive support and training package, marks the establishment of the first dedicated maritime SAR helicopter fleet in the country. The AW139 was selected after an extensive evaluation process against a wide range of requirements including performance and safety. By choosing the AW139, the Bangladesh MoD will leverage on Finmeccanica – AgustaWestland’s extensive expertise in SAR and emergency services as well as the unmatched capabilities of the bestselling and most modern helicopter for the task.

The Bangladesh Air Force’s AW139s will feature an advanced mission configuration including a search/weather radar, FLIR, search light, rescue hoist, emergency floats and a state-of-the-art 4-axis dual digital AFCS with hover and SAR modes. Thanks to the AW139, the Bangladesh Air Force will be able to carry out the most demanding all-weather SAR operations in a maritime environment and will benefit from the high role versatility of the helicopter to conduct other utility missions in support of maritime security and disaster relief operations.

Bangladesh Orders Two AW139 Helicopters for Maritime SAR >> Naval Today

Bangladesh Navy already operates a couple of Agusta Westland AW109 Helos like this,

AW109-Power-Agusta-Westland.jpg

554153_432533200128545_2044385832_n-jpg.15965

The Bangladesh Airforce SAR AW139 will be quite a bit bigger (here's the UK Coast Guard version below), as you can see almost twice the body size compared to the AW109.

Coastguard-helicopter.jpg

In the same size class - Bangladesh Army also now operates some Eurocopter AS365 N3+ which were delivered a few months ago and are the company’s latest member in the Dauphin class helicopters, featuring newer and more powerful Arriel 2C turboshaft engines, an increased gross weight, a 4-axis autopilot and glass cockpit which were absent in Dauphin helos made in the past decade.

2578113338.jpg

530503_335651433209101_1350597564_n.jpg

Moreover Bangladesh Navy is finalizing procurement for three Z-9C naval helicopter developed by the Harbin Aircraft Manufacture Co. (HAMC) for shipborne anti-submarine warfare (ASW) and search and rescue (SAR) missions. It is based upon the Z-9B air frame, which is a copy of the Eurocopter AS365N Dauphin II. These will be located shipboard on the two modified Type 053H3 Jiangwei II frigates Bangladesh purchased last year.

1017310_205698502964137_19903855_n-jpg.15964

Last edited:
Bangladesh Navy already operates a couple of Agusta Westland AW109 Helos like this,

The Bangladesh Airforce SAR AW139 will be quite a bit bigger (here's the UK Coast Guard version below), as you can see almost twice the body size compared to the AW109.

In the same size class - Bangladesh Army also now operates some Eurocopter AS365 N3+ which were delivered a few months ago and are the company’s latest member in the Dauphin class helicopters, featuring newer and more powerful Arriel 2C turboshaft engines, an increased gross weight, a 4-axis autopilot and glass cockpit which were absent in Dauphin helos made in the past decade.

2578113338.jpg

Moreover Bangladesh Navy is finalizing procurement for three Z-9C naval helicopter developed by the Harbin Aircraft Manufacture Co. (HAMC) for shipborne anti-submarine warfare (ASW) and search and rescue (SAR) missions. It is based upon the Z-9B air frame, which is a copy of the Eurocopter AS365N Dauphin II. These will be located shipboard on the two modified Type 053H3 Jiangwei II frigates Bangladesh purchased last year.
little wrong info, Type053H2 Jiangwei 2 will not have helo, those are for Type056 corvette and Somudro Joy frigate

little wrong info, Type053H2 Jiangwei 2 will not have helo, those are for Type056 corvette and Somudro Joy frigate

My bad, I forgot - I stand corrected. Some queries...
  1. How different are the Z9c helos from their Euro sisters Dauphin II ?
  2. Will the Z9's arrive with the type 056 class - next spring I believe?
  3. Have they started upgrading armament on the Somudro Joy?
  4. Are we getting a second WHEC sometime soon (Maybe Munro)? They are rapidly decommissioning these things - as soon as they are building the replacement Legend-class National Security Cutters (NSC).

Last edited:

2578113338.jpg

1017310_205698502964137_19903855_n-jpg.15964

Here is one of our ASW helis:
Z-9EC.jpg

417053_453466254688802_1712865827_n.jpg

My bad, I forgot - I stand corrected. How different are the Z9c helos from their Euro sisters Dauphin II ?
euro copter dauphin 2 utility/transport helo where Z-9c is utility/transport+ ASW capable

My bad, I forgot - I stand corrected. Some queries...
  1. How different are the Z9c helos from their Euro sisters Dauphin II ?
  2. Will the Z9's arrive with the type 056 class - next spring I believe?
  3. Have they started upgrading armament on the Somudro Joy?
  4. Are we getting a second WHEC sometime soon (Maybe Munro)? They are rapidly decommissioning these things - as soon as they are building the replacement Legend-class National Security Cutters (NSC).

as far as I know, the Z-9s weren't officially talked about by anyone.... so, no official time as far as I know.... others can give more info though.....
BNS SJ hasn't started the process as far as latest photos are concerned....
the second WHEC is uncertain.... it all depends on US foreign policy..... the US Ambassador in BD recommended it, but he's not controlling the State Department..... this happened before as well.... in 2008, US Ambassador officially recommended a Newport-class LST for BD.... but the State Department ultimately didn't listen.... the LSTs went to other countries.... but that was a time when BD had much less bargaining power..... things have changed now for sure.... otherwise we wouldn't have got the BNS SJ.... a lot of other countries are also competing with us to get those ships....

oh.... this is the Air Force thread..... :P

as far as I know, the Z-9s weren't officially talked about by anyone.... so, no official time as far as I know.... others can give more info though.....
BNS SJ hasn't started the process as far as latest photos are concerned....
the second WHEC is uncertain.... it all depends on US foreign policy..... the US Ambassador in BD recommended it, but he's not controlling the State Department..... this happened before as well.... in 2008, US Ambassador officially recommended a Newport-class LST for BD.... but the State Department ultimately didn't listen.... the LSTs went to other countries.... but that was a time when BD had much less bargaining power..... things have changed now for sure.... otherwise we wouldn't have got the BNS SJ.... a lot of other countries are also competing with us to get those ships....

oh.... this is the Air Force thread..... :P

Thanks for the comments - back to our regular programming now :-)

Back
Top Bottom