What's new

Bangladesh could acquire Istanbul-class frigates from Turkey

Egypt bought FREEM Frigate from France with 16 cells VLS for 16x ASTER-15 SAMs also only 8x anti-ship Missiles

Italian FREMM has 16 VLS for 16x ASTER SAMs also only 8x anti-ship Missiles

French FREMM has 32 cells VLS for 16 x ASTER SAMs and 16 land attack Cruise Missiles also only 8x anti-ship Missiles

Turkish ISTANBUL class Frigate has 16 VLS for 64x SAMs also 16x anti-ship Missiles

if needed , ISTANBUL class Frigate can be armed with 16x SAMs and 12 land attack Cruise Missiles and 16x anti-ship Missiles ....... ( same fire power to compare with French FREEM )

but 112m ISTANBUL Frigate will be armed with 64x SAMs and 16x anti-ship Missiles

if we compare 142m French FREMM Frigate or 152m French HORIZON Destroyer with Turkish projects ,
then 166m Turkish TF-2000 which Turkish Navy will use, no French FREMM or HORIZON class doesn't even come close

166m Turkish TF-2000 with 64 cells VLS

-- 64 x HISAR-O or G-40 medium range SAMs
-- 32 x SIPER longe range SAMs
-- 16 x GEZGIN long range land attack Cruise Missiles
-- 16 x ATMACA anti-ship Missiles

Due to lack of quad-packed SAMs the Fremm cannot hold anywhere near as much missiles as other ships with similar displacement.

There is a improved FREMM variant with 32 vls.

1627812546657.png

I like the Hobart class, god what I wouldn't do for getting one.

Well those are destroyers and cost well North of $2 Billion each.

Pricey - but mainly being inducted as a hedge against the various types of Chinese Luyang class destroyers, which the Chinese have three times as many of, just in the South Sea Fleet, which also includes a Kuznetsov class carrier and an LHD.
Bangalis are copying everything from our aqusation

Al khalid tank
Air defence system from china
These corvetes etc

Would this be a bad thing? I doubt it.

Bangalis are also buying a few other things as well in those categories.

But we don't have to have a hedge against India, which Pakistan does.

But we don't have to have a hedge against India, which Pakistan does.

Unfortunately i think we do need to have a hedge against india. Pakistan have nukes, they have secured their future.

Our hedge has to be a strong globally connected economy and conventional military power in the medium term.

But without nukes we remain forever vulnerable... at some time we will have to take that step but need to be strong enough to withstand the blowback. Our stongest defense when that day comes would be our democracy because to date no two democracy have even gone to war against each other

Unfortunately i think we do need to have a hedge against india. Pakistan have nukes, they have secured their future.

Our hedge has to be a strong globally connected economy and conventional military power in the medium term.

But without nukes we remain forever vulnerable... at some time we will have to take that step but need to be strong enough to withstand the blowback. Our stongest defense when that day comes would be our democracy because to date no two democracy have even gone to war against each other

BD just needs a extremely nationalistic leaders and people , this is force all foreign influences out of BD once in for all for our dam national development.

We don't got time to play silly games with India

But without nukes we remain forever vulnerable

Misconception. Nuke is only a expensive bluff which drains money forever. A strong military with conventional weapons still can be a great deterrence.

Pakistan have nukes, they have secured their future.

Future of paying one's loan with other's money and mortgaging/renting their properties for it?

I like the Hobart class, god what I wouldn't do for getting one.

Gorshkov class and it's successor any day.

Bangalis are copying everything from our aqusation

Al khalid tank
Air defence system from china
These corvetes etc

Nothing wrong with copying the NUMBER ONE SUPER POWERFUL military in this whole universe since the beginning of time.

Last edited:
Misconception. Nuke is only a expensive bluff which drains money forever. A strong military with conventional weapons still can be a great.

I respect your position but respectfully do not agree at all. This is a neo-colonial psy-war propaganda.

I will give you three contra argument....

First japan, the nuke ended the war much faster than conventional war could have. It also stopped USSR from expanding its influence much more deeper into europe and saved the nordic countries from being overrun by USSR. Having nukes means you can end wars quickly with less lives and material being lost.

Second nukes end perpetual wars vis-a-vis Israel and forces opponent to a stanstill. This will also be the case when Iran gets nukes. Nuke guarantees no war.It allows a country to withstand overwhelming odds , example North Korea and Pakistan and again Iran.

Lastly closer to home. BD would likely never have got its independence if PK had nuke in 1971. Ukraine would not have lost territory to Russia if it held on to its nukes. It is the ultimate security guarantee.
Future of paying one's loan with other's money and mortgaging/renting their properties for it?

You have extrapolated PKs position to everyone else and that does not hold.

Nukes are expensive.... but that is the price of sovereignty and freedom of action. Do you really think the nuclear countries that are holding onto theirs do not understand cost and benefits?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom