What's new

Bangladesh has potential to ship $3 billion semiconductors in five years’

Considering how badly climate change is gonna affect them in the coming years, they'll have plenty of water to desalinate. Of course I joke, but the truth is that they probably don't. Much like India and Pakistan, Bangladesh faces an acute shortage of fresh water.

Considering how badly climate change is gonna affect them in the coming years, they'll have plenty of water to desalinate. Of course I joke, but the truth is that they probably don't. Much like India and Pakistan, Bangladesh faces an acute shortage of fresh water.
There will be no shortage of water in BD. The issue is to get the quality water needed for the semiconductor industry. However, our underground water itself is polluted with arsonic materials.

There will be no shortage of water in BD. The issue is to get the quality water needed for the semiconductor industry. However, our underground water itself is polluted with arsonic materials.

A system must devised, during excess water flood senson should be collected including the excess rainfall. And stored in water tankers. This provision should devised is such away that I should meet their demand for most of Yr.

And extra surface water should collected and purified. And stored

Semiconductor manufacturing is very intensive in its use of clean water - can Bangladesh spare that much water ??
water is one thing they do have

the real issue is the $$$ to support capital intensive nature of the industry

Why are people talking about water?

At most this will be some ATP (assembly, testing, packaging) semicon at most.

i.e import 80% value from China/Taiwan/Korea etc, add the final 20% or whatever to assemble, test and pack it.

It will involve next to nothing about water which will remain a real input only in the massive semicon hard capital sinks in East Asia.

Bangladesh manufacturing in electronics is in very early stage and this "PM Adviser" is just giving some fluff spin to it.

A system must devised, during excess water flood senson should be collected including the excess rainfall. And stored in water tankers. This provision should devised is such away that I should meet their demand for most of Yr.

And extra surface water should collected and purified. And stored
Have you ever checked the reality of the five water treatment plants to produce drinking water for public consumption? They are in Dhaka (probably two), Rajshahi, Khulna, and Chittagong.

Our engineering knowledge is soooo high that the GoB has asked other countries to provide technologies to build these water treatment plants.

I heard about the construction matters about 4 years ago but none has been completed even with direct foreign investment.

So, how do you want to develop systems for highly sophisticated semiconductor production? Semiconductor industry will need millions of tons of ULTRA-PURE water.

Last edited:
Stitch Chaddiyan, and thats that for bd

"Manufacturing"

What you idiots mixing in your hilsa these days anyway ffs ?

Ultra pure water is needed for semicon industry. We don't have that capacity...
I think regular purification plants set up at river banks to pipe clean water to nearby semiconductor manufacturing units with in-house UPW plants would work.
The UPW plants can keep recycling UPW.

I think regular purification plants set up at river banks to pipe clean water to nearby semiconductor manufacturing units with in-house UPW plants would work.
The UPW plants can keep recycling UPW.

Alot of plants keep recycling their ultra clean water,al anyway

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom