What's new

Bangladesh Nationalist Party serves beef to Hindu invitees at Iftar event in Sylhet, organiser claims ‘gaffe in haste’

Look at the UK Muslim community how they invited non-Muslims to break fasts at Trafalgar Square in London. The path to inter-religious harmony is through interfaith events like this. Muslims cannot shun cooperation from other religious communities - they have to work with them (especially in non-Muslim-majority countries) to achieve group and community objectives.

Almost all my *educated* California Hindu friends eat beef. In fact they specifically asked for Beef Biryani and Rezala when they come to dawats at my house. Some of them have beef Pizzas almost every weekend. Most of them are not dot wearing Pujari Hindus.

I have one lady friend however who is rather devout and a Jain at that. We prepare special vegetarian dishes for her per her preferences. A guest is a guest - you should always consider and accommodate their wishes if possible.

This anti-beef belief in India among Hindus is a recent thing and it was meant to preserve cattle for agricultural tillage purposes as well as to preserve milk supply (food) and gobar supply (fuel).

Back in the day - when population in India was lower, all Hindus ate beef with abandon, some even ate horses (Ashwa-medh Jagya/Yagya/Yajna).

Pork prohibition for Muslims and Judaic peoples are health-related prohibition. Raw Pork left to rot in an wooden bowl makes trichonosis worms inhabit the pores in the wood, and when you eat from that bowl later, you ingest the worms and get sick. This was the reason Jewish people don't eat pork, Muslims adopted the same health-related prohibition.

@Joe Shearer dada am I too far off the mark?
so now that pork is reared in modern hygienic conditions, this restriction for muslims should logically not apply.
As a forward thinking progressive muslim, you should try out a nice ham sandwich from your local McDonalds.
And post pics.

so now that pork is reared in modern hygienic conditions, this restriction for muslims should logically not apply.
As a forward thinking progressive muslim, you should try out a nice ham sandwich from your local McDonalds.
And post pics.
No. This restriction was set many centuries ago. So, it cannot be lifted by anyone. We do not need this item as a food. There are thousands of other foods in this world.

We do not also eat birds like eagles or crows, animals like tigers and lions. Do not please suggest us odd things. It would be wiser for Indian Hindus to eat more quantities of protein-based foods.

And post pics.

Ham is too plain and reportedly tastes like garbage.

Turkey Ham is way tastier and so is Beyond Meat vegetable based patties and sausage (way healthier and cholesterol free because it is made from soybeans).

Whataboutism aside, got to keep the ol' ticker ticking....

Yes Vegetarians can eat Beyond Meat too.

Original_Turkey_Ham.jpg

iu

As a non vegetarian hindu, i have had beef in India and abroad. Its a mental block like pork for muslims and one does not enjoy the food due to years of indoctrination.
But i am a non religious hindu and my experience should obviously not be treated as common.

You say you are "a non-religious Hindu" but what does it mean when you are taking a Hindutvadi line especially against Muslims ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom