What's new

Bangladesh Nationalist Party serves beef to Hindu invitees at Iftar event in Sylhet, organiser claims ‘gaffe in haste’

This was an Iftar for part members. How can you leave them out?

I doubt inviting non Muslims to iftar is permitted. Iftar is not a festival, it's the end of fasting. Fasting and iftar both are acts of worship.

EDIT: it seems I was wrong. Non-muslims can be invited to iftar.

Why Hindus need to be invited to iftar to start with?
To invite Hindus, Christians or Buddhists in an Iftar party is a cultural tradition. Even Christian govts/ Ambassadors in the Muslim Capitals regularly organize Iftar parties. Trump did it and also Biden did it. Many other Presidents did it.

Only yesterday, Canadian PM wished Eid Mubarak to the Muslims of the world. So, it is a culture that creates favorable inter-relationship among the people of different religions.

In BD, Hindus regularly invite Muslim friends to their houses during their Puja festivals.

Last edited:
You do not serve beef to a Hindu.
You do not serve pork to a Muslim.

Almost all my *educated* California Hindu friends eat beef. In fact they specifically asked for Beef Biryani and Rezala when they come to dawats at my house. Some of them have beef Pizzas almost every weekend. Most of them are not dot wearing Pujari Hindus.

I have one lady friend however who is rather devout and a Jain at that. We prepare special vegetarian dishes for her per her preferences. A guest is a guest - you should always consider and accommodate their wishes if possible.

This anti-beef belief in India among Hindus is a recent thing and it was meant to preserve cattle for agricultural tillage purposes as well as to preserve milk supply (food) and gobar supply (fuel).

Back in the day - when population in India was lower, all Hindus ate beef with abandon, some even ate horses (Ashwa-medh Jagya/Yagya/Yajna).

Pork prohibition for Muslims and Judaic peoples are health-related prohibition. Raw Pork left to rot in an wooden bowl makes trichonosis worms inhabit the pores in the wood, and when you eat from that bowl later, you ingest the worms and get sick. This was the reason Jewish people don't eat pork, Muslims adopted the same health-related prohibition.

@Joe Shearer dada am I too far off the mark?

Last edited:
Because they are Hindus and Iftar is for Muslim Rozadar.
So, you think if a Hindu is invited in a Iftar party, the Muslim host becomes a sinner unable to enter Paradise. It must be the latest Talibanic way of thinking.

By the way, please tell us who was the woman who invited Prophet Muhammed (SAW) in her house and poisoned the food his team ate?

It was not Iftar, but you may think the eating was not done in your Talibanic method because the host was a Jewish woman.

Please say something with proper logic and not with ignorance. Murkh Muslims like you have for decades been destroying the essence Islam and replaced it with superstitions.

As a non vegetarian hindu, i have had beef in India and abroad. Its a mental block like pork for muslims and one does not enjoy the food due to years of indoctrination.
But i am a non religious hindu and my experience should obviously not be treated as common.
It is all your personal matter. Not related to the present discussion.

Almost all my *educated* California Hindu friends eat beef. In fact they specifically asked for Beef Biryani and Rezala when they come to dawats at my house. Some of them have beef Pizzas almost every weekend. Most of them are not dot wearing Pujari Hindus.

I have one lady friend however who is rather devout and a Jain at that. We prepare special vegetarian dishes for her per her preferences. A guest is a guest - you should always consider and accommodate their wishes if possible.

This anti-beef belief in India among Hindus is a recent thing and it was meant to preserve cattle for agricultural tillage purposes as well as to preserve milk supply (food) and gobar supply (fuel).

Back in the day - when population in India was lower, all Hindus ate beef with abandon, some even ate horses (Ashwa-medh Jagya/Yagya/Yajna).

Pork prohibition for Muslims and Judaic peoples are health-related prohibition. Raw Pork left to rot in an wooden bowl makes trichonosis worms inhabit the pores in the wood, and when you eat from that bowl later, you ingest the worms and get sick. This was the reason Jewish people don't eat pork, Muslims adopted the same health-related prohibition.

No, no, spot on. I am mostly vegetarian nowadays, cooking for myself, but what you are saying is apt. I'm in the middle of a slightly stressful phase of the simulation, otherwise you (and others) would be ploughing through a lot longer post.

No, no, spot on. I am mostly vegetarian nowadays, cooking for myself, but what you are saying is apt. I'm in the middle of a slightly stressful phase of the simulation, otherwise you (and others) would be ploughing through a lot longer post.

Dada - your pearls of wisdom are delectably precious in any amount, even small ones. :-)

So, you think if a Hindu is invited in a Iftar party, the Muslim host becomes a sinner unable to enter Paradise. It must be the latest Talibanic way of thinking.

By the way, please tell us who was the woman who invited Prophet Muhammed (SAW) in her house and poisoned the food his team ate?

It was not Iftar, but you may think the eating was not done in your Talibanic method because the host was a Jewish woman.

Please say something with proper logic and not with ignorance. Murkh Muslims like you have for decades been destroying the essence Islam and replaced it with superstitions.
I see no logic behind inviting a non Muslim to Iftar. If non Muslim invite me to their religious gathering, I politely say NO.

You do you and I'll do me.

Lakum deenukum waliya deen.

And here I was thinking BNP had hit the ceiling of stupid.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

It is the personal choice of a host to invite whoever he/ she likes. Why do Murkh Musalman guys like you should interfere in every thing what a person does? It is not your business to research if he/ she will go to Paradise or not.

Who the Hell are you to interfere, bloody Taliban? You Taliban has spread a Fatwa prohibiting driving by women in Afghanistan, bloody idiot Taliban are the true enemy of Islam and Muslim!!

You live in a pork-eating country where the entire air is polluted with the smell of cooked pork and beer. Get the Hell out of such a Nasara developed country. Murkh Afghanistan is your place from where you can preach ignorance.

You are either crazy or mentally retarded.

You are either crazy or mentally retarded.
It is you who is an idiot and also mentally retarded. Taliban thinking should be destroyed. This is what you have been nurturing for centuries telling it is Islam.

The USA is a beer drinking and pork eating country. Your kind of idiot should immediately get out of those Christian pig eating countries.

And, don't preach religion. It is not the forte of a murkh.

Still you don't want to serve beef or pork in a public gathering.
Some hindus eat beef and some muslims in the west have tried pork, that doesn't mean anything for the wider population.

Your opinion here is off the mark. No Christian with stable mind would ever invite you to a pork party if he he has prior knowledge about your religious restrictions.

By the way, how would you feel if an American Christian asks you to eat pork? I know, some Muslims eat. But, it is not general.

BNP brats know very well that the Hindus do not eat beef, but they did not arrange for substitute foods that a Hindu eats. It is a criminal offence that should be punished under the laws.

Your opinion here is off the mark. No Christian with stable mind would ever invite you to a pork party if he he has prior knowledge about your religious restrictions.

By the way, how would you feel if an American Christian asks you to eat pork? I know, some Muslims eat. But, it is not general.

BNP brats know very well that the Hindus do not eat beef, but they did not arrange for substitute foods that a Hindu eats. It is a criminal offence that should be punished under the laws.
criminal only if they lied about the food but in this case they were not offered any food of their dietary choice. I doubt any malice was involved since its their own party leaders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom