What's new

Bangladesh Navy

160536y8fhaahfeolslsfd.jpg

160523z7tozzz18vi9dd9k.jpg

So I guess the hull number is 305 -308

Last edited:
you lot should reconsider this offer, if it is true that's the Submarine you lot want to induct into your navy

hey just look at them, is an old Chinese design, means a lot of noises and electric device signature,

If you want a second hand subs, Turkey is looking a potential buyer for their U-209 right now

you lot should reconsider this offer, if it is true that's the Submarine you lot want to induct into your navy

hey just look at them, is an old Chinese design, means a lot of noises and electric device signature,

If you want a second hand subs, Turkey is looking a potential buyer for their U-209 right now

We need to consider the future, our future is with Chinese more advanced subs like S20. The current subs will mainly be used for initial crew training.

We need to consider the future, our future is with Chinese more advanced subs like S20. The current subs will mainly be used for initial crew training.

S-20 is more like improved Kilo class, unlike Romeo derivative like this one. Their propulsion system, their engine system, their combat management system, their counter measure system and so on is very-very different. Even if both of those boats is Chinese made, their differences is like heaven and earth. You will gain nothing if you train your crew at those boats, neither you get true combat capability or training benefit for the latter S-20 class. You lot deserves to getting a better Subs than this antique vintage and this world surely have a better options package than this one.

S-20 is more like improved Kilo class, unlike Romeo derivative like this one. Their propulsion system, their engine system, their combat management system, their counter measure system and so on is very-very different. Even if both of those boats is Chinese made, their differences is like heaven and earth. You will gain nothing if you train your crew at those boats, neither you get true combat capability or training benefit for the latter S-20 class. You lot deserves to getting a better Subs than this antique vintage and this world surely have a better options package than this one.

I agree with you, if it was up to me, I would rather buy a single S20 for 200 million than buy two of these junks for 200 million. But we have an Indian puppet, who is making at least $50 million from this deal and keeping her Indian masters happy as these subs will be less of a threat for India.

We are not happy about the choice, but nothing we can do to change it. We are just happy that at least there will be subs, and our people will get sub operation experience, which is a new beginning for Bangladesh.

I agree with you, if it was up to me, I would rather buy a single S20 for 200 million than buy two of these junks for 200 million. But we have an Indian puppet, who is making at least $50 million from this deal and keeping her Indian masters happy as these subs will be less of a threat for India.

We are not happy about the choice, but nothing we can do to change it. We are just happy that at least there will be subs, and our people will get sub operation experience, which is a new beginning for Bangladesh.

If it's happening in my country, a lot of people will make a noise about this sketchy procurement and bring the case into Anti-Corruption admission body. You should push anti-graft and anti-Corruption Act into your constitution and made a supreme body who handle Corruption cases within Government agency.

Seriously those boats just will give you more burden in near future than benefit as weapons platform means for deterrence to your adversary.

If it's happening in my country, a lot of people will make a noise about this sketchy procurement and bring the case into Anti-Corruption admission body. You should push anti-graft and anti-Corruption Act into your constitution and made a supreme body who handle Corruption cases within Government agency.

Seriously those boats just will give you more burden in near future than benefit as weapons platform means for deterrence to your adversary.

I appreciate your concern for the well being of Bangladesh.

But there is a big difference between Indonesia and Bangladesh. Currently those options are not available in Bangladesh. We had a fairly good democratic system going, since 1991 we had peaceful transfer of power, but unfortunately India interfered (actually scheming behind the scenes for decades) and installed a murderous puppet dictator in 2007. The opposition tried to overthrow them by boycotting a sham election in 2014 January, but they failed because of open repression and killing of opposition activists. Bangladesh has been turned into one big jail, where the opposition are running for their lives. If they are caught they are usually tortured to death or rot in jail. Many disappeared. So this way we lost confidence on democracy too. Because India used the freedom in democracy to infiltrate the country and take it over using their groomed puppet.

Loosing 200 million is a loss, but there are bigger losses happening which we cannot do much about because of India. This is just a small part of a much bigger story.

even if these are absolute junks, they have their uses..... I've said that several times in this thread..... submarines are force multipliers.... they can tie down many more enemy units.... this is regardless of their sophistication..... just because you don't know where they are; you can't see them like surface ships..... you have to search for them....

let me give an example.....
suppose our navy has 5 frigates..... they encounter an enemy force that has 8 frigates.....
we deploy our submarines near their coast..... they just loiter around there gathering info, doing nothing else.....
what happens is that all on a sudden you find out that our 5 frigates are facing just 4 enemy frigates!!
the rest 4 were deployed near their ports to protect them against our subs!!
this is what I call force multiplier.... who says that you always have to sink ships and what not.....
there's something called strategy, which plays with what you have and what you know.....

about the pennant '305' and '308'......
the '305' was launched in June 1997 and the '308' was launched in Oct 1998, making the boats 17 years and 16 years old, respectively.....
six boats of the Type 035G class (pennants '305' to '310') were improved model, launching between 1997 and 2001....
this is interesting.....
"In addition there is information that served in November 1999 the last boat (hull number 308) hull lengthened by about 2 metres, to be used as a test of the AIP system."
your statements are contradictory to each other.
you said 305 to 310 submariens launched between 1997 to 2001. then you said last of its version hull308 launched in 1998 LOL
correct the info plz

your statements are contradictory to each other.
you said 305 to 310 submariens launched between 1997 to 2001. then you said last of its version hull308 launched in 1998 LOL
correct the info plz
its not my version..... I didn't make that info..... I gave a link....

about the pennant '305' and '308'......
the '305' was launched in June 1997 and the '308' was launched in Oct 1998, making the boats 17 years and 16 years old, respectively.....
six boats of the Type 035G class (pennants '305' to '310') were improved model, launching between 1997 and 2001....
this is interesting.....
"In addition there is information that served in November 1999 the last boat (hull number 308) hull lengthened by about 2 metres, to be used as a test of the AIP system."
No, what I wrote 305-308 means from 305 to 308, these are No. 305, No. 306, No. 307 and No. 308. Anyway, there is no much difference.
By the way, both type 035G and type 209 use whale body shape design, which are out-of-dated compared to the cigar shaped type 039A, why some people here say type 209 has a better design?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom