What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Who knows this could be another hoax. If we really choose western weapons like AShM for future frigate then why are we building maintenance and overhauling plant for Chinese missile?? Doesn't make sense.

Where did you get China had 50% stake?
You are becoming another fiction master

He meant to say "wants".

Keep copy-pasting garbage from BDmilitary and then wonder why things don't add up. Bangladeshis on PDF never learn.

Where did you get China had 50% stake?
You are becoming another fiction master
I didn’t say they have 50% stake, they want 50% stake of our naval yards in exchange for the frigate project tot, assistance and other related work...
why do you think bd have been moving away from Chinese centric approach over the years?

What is going on with the supposedly surely transfered to Bd Navy two units of second hand Frigate from China? People said will be transfered by the mid of this year

What is going on with the supposedly surely transfered to Bd Navy two units of second hand Frigate from China? People said will be transfered by the mid of this year

Supposedly 1 example is coming. As per photos and info from @LKJ86.

Not sure about the other one.

I am not saying BD military is garbage. Lots of their news like second hand frigates, more M-SAR helicopter came true. The delays and dramas is actually killing me, disappointing me and making me doubt like Michael Corleone. But not that much in frigate project like it is in MRCA procurement cause buying ship from Korean with western teach and weapon is nothing new. I am always suspicious when it comes to buying major western equipment for our military. Can't be 100% sure without solid proof. At least BD military and DTB gives some news while other people like to throw mud at each other, post thread like "why divorce rate in BD is going higher" and hold long shitty discussion about it.

Anyway about maintenance and overhauling plant for the Chinese missile, i forgot that we use Chinese corvette and LPC. So i guess that's the answer for that.

They "will" came, sure like flanker or J10 B

why not try to read previous threads instead of trying to troll and babbling. And not sure about flanker or any Russian equipment in this current sanctions drama but 1 squadron cost effective fighter is already confirmed by law minister and BAF chief including new SAM.

Last edited:
I am not saying BD military is garbage. Lots of their news like second hand frigates, more M-SAR helicopter came true. The delays and dramas is actually killing me, disappointing me and making me doubt like Michael Corleone. But not that much in frigate project like it is in MRCA procurement cause buying ship from Korean with western teach and weapon is nothing new. I am always suspicious when it comes to buying major western equipment for our military. Can't be 100% sure without solid proof. At least BD military and DTB gives some news while other people like to throw mud at each other, post thread like "why divorce rate in BD is going higher" and hold long shitty discussion about it.

why not try to read previous threads instead of trying to troll and babbling. And not sure about flanker or any Russian equipment in this current sanctions drama but 1 squadron coast effective fighter is already confirmed by law minister and BAF chief including new SAM.

A simple read of some recent posts would have answered her question.

But the motive of her query was to troll, not genuine inquiry.

Anyways, the Type 053H3 whether its one or 2 is coming.

And so is the Frigate program as well as the MRCA.

But yea, the suspense is getting to us all.

A sad news two sailors on board BNS Titas died while testing weapons . :(

Screenshot_2018-09-27-22-35-39.png

The Bangladesh Coast Guard recently developed this customized cutting-edge design below (several copies built locally) from collaborating with an Australian firm for CNC cut aluminium sheet parts. Eventually when volume warrants, local CNC-cutting facilities will be developed as well.

The future in this sector holds a lot of promise for export markets in various small coast guard forces around the world.

PB18 – 18M (60FT) PATROL BOAT

The PB18 is an 18 Meter Welded Aluminum Patrol boat which sports twin 1000 Horsepower Caterpillar C18 diesels coupled to Arneson Surface Drives for the ultimate in high speed maneuverability and stealth. Accommodations for a crew of 6 and 6 passengers. Design conforms to Lloyd's structural compliance (scantlings). In shipbuilding, the scantling refers to the collective dimensions of the framing (apart from the keel) to which planks or plates are attached to form the hull.

BDCG-PB18-1920x1080-Render-02.jpg
BDCG-PB18-1920x1080-Render-09.jpg

PB18-Particulars.jpg

Nothing special except the fact that India itself has been using modified Russian designs for its Frigates, so them trying to 'help' us in designing ours is rather misplaced and facetious. :P

Before patriotic Indians start doubting this, go check your sources first meaning what your DND was working with. No Indian frigate design was started from scratch regardless of claim, including Project 17 and 17A. All designs are recent Russian derivatives sourced from the seminal Krivak III.

Request and Thanks in advance to Mods to kindly watch for any possible trolling as this is a sticky thread.

More lies from a well known liar. But what else to expect ? @Nilgiri

P17 & 17A are entirely Indian designs.

Basic Design of Project 17 shivalik class was completed in 1994, whereas the contract for the modified
Krivak III class was signed only in 1997.

The superstructure of the Talwar resemble that of the Shivalik because DND was involved in residesigning it for signature reduction along with the SPKB.

And we designed a destroyer a decade before signing Krivak III contract. Which eventually evolved to this.

IMG_7724.JPG

While a ''shipbuilding nation'' in our neighborhood still need Chinese designs for a 600 tonne patrol craft.

BNS_Nirmul.jpg

Least innovative country in Asia truly...:lol:

Placing Israeli sensors and Pielstick power on a Russian Hull does not make it Indian.

Coming from a country which cannot even manufacture it's own steel.... Literally everything you put on the vessels you build is foreign- yet you have the gall to say this.

Last edited:
There are companies in Bangladesh who are helping Kolkata yards like GRSE in modern shipbuilding practices because of invites from the Indian Govt

Is it some sort of joke ?? :lol: Bangladeshi firms helping GRSE ??

If you forgot, the best you have been able to do in your KSY is a 650 tonne LPC.

I can guarantee 'anything' built at KSY has better weld and component standards than GRSE

"You" can personally guarantee many things (including Bangladesh pharma producers trumping Indian firms in export markets).

However Indian Navy would have a different opinion, that's why GRSE was selected for the P17A program. I wonder when any Bangladeshi yard would make a comparable vessel.

GRSE is ancient - set up by the British in the 1930's. The design capability of the yard is also ancient. There has been recent BMRE, but it is older compared to KSY which was set up by the West Germans in the late 60's.

That's some logic there... I guess KSW is also more modern than BAE's Scotstoun shipyard which built Type 45 destroyer (established 1901)

actually it depends on who requires help.....

That's a deal between a smaller, third tier Indian shipyard & a Bangladeshi one (best comparable with India's second tier yards) to manufacture inland vessels. A few breadcrumbs if I should say.

And it's just an MoU if you forgot...

No yard in Bangladesh is as capable as GRSE in warship construction- it is presently building 3 P17A frigates (and has order book value of $4.5 billion)

And they built 26,000 DWT merchant vessels back in the days...

Back
Top Bottom