What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Could you kindly paste the reference link please
Ask @The Ronin he was the one to post it. I am too lazy to dig it up. I am logging in from my phone & that thread got dumped under piles of shit posts from the usual troll brigade.

Although ship-borne defenses evolved quite a bit it's still not proven against any single or multiple supersonic or sea skimming cruise missile. The last incident was in Fakland war where Exocet missile successfully hit British warship. And if people need C4 and TNT to cause real damage (WTF???!!!!) they wouldn't develop and deploy all these AShMs or Torpedos.

Exocet_impact.jpg
Well even without CIWS etc. ASM seem to have "limited" impact on it's target. I have seen many ASM strike photos on Internet. Not many seems to inflict enough damage to sink it. Seems like It can damage just enough to send it back to port?

Last edited:
Could you kindly paste the reference link please

Ask @The Ronin he was the one to post it. I am too lazy to dig it up. I am logging in from my phone & that thread got dumped under piles of shit posts from the usual troll brigade.

I was talking about this one. @Michael Corleone you already saw it in group discussion and other places.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/row/RL33153.pdf

67529776_10156640741023282_2214182540191727616_n.jpg

Well even without CIWS etc. ASM seem to have "limited" impact on it's target. I have seen many ASM strike photos on Internet. Not many seems to inflict enough damage to sink it. Seems like It can damage just enough to send it back to port?

Well depends on where it impacts on i guess. Every part of a ship is important. The Exocet hit a fully fueled helicopter in the British ship hanger and caused huge explosion in HMS Sheffield. Previous video showed what Harpoon can do. If the missile somehow hit any weapon/fuel storage, launcher, bridge, engine or CIC it will cause major damage making it out of commission. Here's how Exocet damaged USS Stark. The ECM failed to detect the missile. @Bilal9

1024px-USS_Stark_-_external_damage_by_exocet.jpg

Last edited:
I was talking about this one. @Michael Corleone you already saw it in group discussion and other places.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/row/RL33153.pdf

67529776_10156640741023282_2214182540191727616_n.jpg

Well depends on where it impacts on i guess. Every part of a ship is important. The Exocet hit a fully fueled helicopter in the British ship hanger and caused huge explosion in HMS Sheffield. Previous video showed what Harpoon can do. If the missile somehow hit any weapon/fuel storage, launcher, bridge, engine or CIC it will cause major damage making it out of commission. Here's how Exocet damaged USS Stark. The ECM failed to detect the missile. @Bilal9

1024px-USS_Stark_-_external_damage_by_exocet.jpg
Someone said China offered to build more type 035g in bd!? Can’t find any source for that

Wouldn’t want that but was wondering why would China bring back a 50 year old design back from the dead

To make money.

LOL.

The US tried to sell the F-16/79 prior to allowing access to the F-16A back in the 70’s but countries weren’t having it.

For BN it’s gonna have to get itself some more capable new builds after their grace period with the Mings.

Although ship-borne defenses evolved quite a bit it's still not proven against any single or multiple supersonic or sea skimming cruise missile. The last incident was in Fakland war where Exocet missile successfully hit British warship. And if people need C4 and TNT to cause real damage (WTF???!!!!) they wouldn't develop and deploy all these AShMs or Torpedos.

Exocet_impact.jpg

Exocet is a bit smaller than Harpoon (smaller explosive charge, 360 pounds vs. 480 pounds) but both aren't really designed to disable warships terminally or sink them, although they can cause some damage. None of the Argentine Exocets disabled any British warship in the Falklands war, there was some physical damage, and the British had to scuttle some of their own ships afterwards so they would not fall into Argentine hands.

You need a much larger anti-ship missile platform (such as a sub-launched Tomahawk, for example) with around a 1000 pound explosive payload which can cause significant damage (and certain disabling including sinking) to a large frigate or destroyer displacing from 5000 to 8000 tonnes. The Chinese equivalent of a sub-launched tomahawk would be the Ying-Ji 63 (YJ-63) which has a 200km range, has about a 1100 lb warhead like the tomahawk, and can reportedly be launched from Chinese subs (Shang class?).

000-KD-63-2S.jpg

See when you start an argument with someone online, there are some basic rules of engagement, such as respect for another person's opinion you are arguing with. With some notable exceptions, I try to follow these rules. I am not perfect however.

I get the sense that you are either a bit hot-headed or too young, but definitely quick to judge other people's knowledge and opinions. Belligerent arguments can be seen as projecting your own insecurities.

You have to realize that some folks can have more experience and knowledge compared to you. :-)

Unless these rules I noted are followed through, it is no use arguing with pointless questioning.

Be polite and reasonable, and people will share their knowledge freely. That is the point of this forum.

None of us here are experts, but collectively our knowledge pool is quite large and an asset.

Last edited:
See when you start an argument with someone online, there are some basic rules of engagement, such as respect for another person's opinion you are arguing with. With some notable exceptions, I try to follow these rules. I am not perfect however.

I get the sense that you are either a bit hot-headed or too young, but definitely quick to judge other people's knowledge and opinions. Belligerent arguments can be seen as projecting your own insecurities.

You have to realize that some folks can have more experience and knowledge compared to you. :-)

Unless these rules I noted are followed through, it is no use arguing with pointless questioning.

Be polite and reasonable, and people will share their knowledge freely. That is the point of this forum.

None of us here are experts, but collectively our knowledge pool is quite large and an asset.

Obviously people know better than me. But if i have question, it's not crime to ask, is it? If i don't ask how would i learn? I don't know which part offended you but i didn't mean it. Sorry if i hurt you. You see when you say something like you need C4/TNT to cause real damage to a ship people like me who doesn't know anything will be curious to know the reason. Then why countries develop and deploy all these AShM and Torpedo if they need something like Tomahawk? "You have more knowledge or i am too young/hot headed" kinda remark is not enough to satisfy/shut someone.

Exocet is a bit smaller than Harpoon (smaller explosive charge, 360 pounds vs. 480 pounds) but both aren't really designed to disable warships terminally or sink them, although they can cause some damage. None of the Argentine Exocets disabled any British warship in the Falklands war, there was some physical damage, and the British had to scuttle some of their own ships afterwards so they would not fall into Argentine hands.

Then what is this? Can you tell why did HMS Sheffield sink? All the report indicates that the Argentine Exocet was the reason why HMS Sheffield was burned, disable and sank. No one said British scuttled the ship. Are you talking about destroying a ship completely with one missile which has enough explosive power?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Sheffield_(D80)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exocet

Last edited:

What do you guys think about this video and YouTube channel in general?

I have watched his videos he has posted prior and he seems to be in the know about a lot of the inner workings of our Navy. The questions he poses are real and needs to be considered seriously.

If India treats supposed 'friends' like this (by supplying subs to our enemies), how is India our 'friend'? o_O

Bangladesh has every right as a sovereign nation to have a credible defensive naval deterrent against Indian Navy. It may not need be a one-to-one deterrent, but it needs to be extra-credible to counter any hegemonistic ambitions so they don't walk all over us like a doormat.

What do you guys think about this video and YouTube channel in general?
The guys emotions are dictated by his ego. Sure some of his points are valid but some aren’t and I can say he has contributed to a lot of misinformation with purchases news etc. also rn I cant recollect what but he made a video on military tech and Bangladesh that was over ambitious to say the least

The guys emotions are dictated by his ego. Sure some of his points are valid but some aren’t and I can say he has contributed to a lot of misinformation with purchases news etc. also rn I cant recollect what but he made a video on military tech and Bangladesh that was over ambitious to say the least

I tend to agree with you.

This particular video was pretty good.

But the others I've watched from his channel were downright awful.

In the sense, they are either overly optimistic or just not realistic.

Was just wondering what others thought here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom