What's new

Bangladesh Navy

297769_2218872423751_1271744736_n.jpg

Does BN have any ships by the name of BNS Dhaka, BNS Khulna, BNS Barisal, BNS Chittagong, BNS Rangpur, BNS Rajshahi and BNS Syleht?

Does BN have any ships by the name of BNS Dhaka, BNS Khulna, BNS Barisal, BNS Chittagong, BNS Rangpur, BNS Rajshahi and BNS Syleht?

No, but Pakistan Navy still possess a patrol craft naming "PNS RAJSHAHI". PNS JESSORE, COMILLA, and SYLHET were the other vessels of same class. PNS Jessore, which was sunk during the 1971 war, was salvaged and extensively repaired at Khulna shipyard and commissioned as BNS BISHKHALI.

Following one is PNS RAJSHAHI.
5624439699_7a8e12f4cb_b.jpg

Following is the image of BNS BISHKHALI
bns-bishkali-image1-s.jpg

No, but Pakistan Navy still possess a patrol craft naming "PNS RAJSHAHI". PNS JESSORE, COMILLA, and SYLHET were the other vessels of same class. PNS Jessore, which was sunk during the 1971 war, was salvaged and extensively repaired at Khulna shipyard and commissioned as BNS BISHKHALI.

Following one is PNS RAJSHAHI.
5624439699_7a8e12f4cb_b.jpg

It is good to see PN has not changed the name from PNS RAJSHAHI to something else. To me it is a goodwill gesture by the PN. It makes me nostalgic. It creates a kind of emotion that east and west both belonged to all of us.

It is good to see PN has not changed the name from PNS RAJSHAHI to something else. To me it is a goodwill gesture by the PN. It makes me nostalgic. It creates a kind of emotion that east and west both belonged to all of us.
Ok but why did PN name their ships after places of Bangladesh?

How many units?

At least? :blink: :rofl:
Why? They are not rich enough to buy ten of them so they need at least one:cheesy:

Kid do you really know what an aircraft carrier is?:blink: And what is the use of it?:confused:
carry planes :D

I saw a design of a missile guided frigate that will be acquired by the BN suppled by Turkey

Back
Top Bottom