What's new

Bangladesh purchased around 2 billion dollar weapons in last 4 years

1. BD army has 3,50,000 personnel which is not a big number so maintenance cost is not high

Pakistan has 5+ lac soldiers with a defence budget of 7 billion (once almost 9 billion during musharaf) + 1.5+ billion in CSF + funds generated by multi billion FF group... (totalling around 9-10 bills).. yet we have around 3500+ APCs+IFVs.. while we make most of them (read indigenous) bar the Lazar 2 (coming with ToT)..

2. BTR82A costs around $1.3million.

Okay lets assume it is... so ur lookin at 332.8 million $ worth of BTR-82A deal! or a total deal of 665.6 million dollars in a budget of 1.8 billion $... make sense to you?

3. BD army will have around 2,300 in 2020 year time, so count more 7 years.

Sure unless u pay them 1 billion 660 million dollars (at current price) in the next 7 years...thts 237 somethin million $ per year..

4. BD has made long term plan of goal 2030. so more tanks on the way.

Cool.

5. 1st link is working here, second one is not blog or forum LOL.

1st link:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Even if i count second... no mention of 128 BTR-82As on order as u claim...no lazar etc etc...

@DESERT FIGHTER let me tell you difference between BD and Pak army.
BD army has 3,50,000 personal (including reserve) while Pakistan army has 10,50,000 personal (including reserve)
BD army has around 1,200 tanks (only 44 MBT2000 catagory) while Pakistan army has around 3,600 tanks (600 Al-khalid catagory)
BD army has 1/4 artillery system of Pakistan army artillery system.

Pakistan army has aircraft inventory of around 530 while BD army has aircraft inventory around 10 :-)rofl:)

BD army focused on APC LOL

Pakistan has 5+ lac soldiers with a defence budget of 7 billion (once almost 9 billion during musharaf) + 1.5+ billion in CSF + funds generated by multi billion FF group... (totalling around 9-10 bills).. yet we have around 3500+ APCs+IFVs.. while we make most of them (read indigenous) bar the Lazar 2 (coming with ToT)..

Okay lets assume it is... so ur lookin at 332.8 million $ worth of BTR-82A deal! or a total deal of 665.6 million dollars in a budget of 1.8 billion $... make sense to you?

Sure unless u pay them 1 billion 660 million dollars (at current price) in the next 7 years...thts 237 somethin million $ per year..

Cool.

1st link:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Even if i count second... no mention of 128 BTR-82As on order as u claim...no lazar etc etc...

bro i think you are mistaking something. $1.81 billion per year not in total LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:
@DESERT FIGHTER let me tell you difference between BD and Pak army.
BD army has 3,50,000 personal (including reserve) while Pakistan army has 10,50,000 personal (including reserve)
BD army has around 1,200 tanks (only 44 MBT2000 catagory) while Pakistan army has around 3,600 tanks (600 Al-khalid catagory)
BD army has 1/4 artillery system of Pakistan army artillery system.

Pakistan army has aircraft inventory of around 530 while BD army has aircraft inventory around 10 :-)rofl:)

BD army focused on APC LOL

Your counting all 3 services man.. anyways.. does tht 665.6 million $ deal for BTR-82A (minus all other stuff) make any sense to you? coz clearly doesnt make any sense to me.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your counting all 3 services man.. anyways.. does tht 665.6 million $ deal for BTR-82A (minus all other stuff) make any sense to you? coz clearly doesnt make any sense to me.. :)

basically we do not have air force LMAO, Navy also almost nothing.
Anyway our economy growing around 6% , so it will hit $200billion by 2020-2021.
and finally we are spending 1.5% of GDP, It will be raised to 2% soon.

basically we do not have air force LMAO, Navy also almost nothing.
Anyway our economy growing around 6% , so it will hit $200billion by 2020-2021.
and finally we are spending 1.5% of GDP, It will be raised to 2% soon.

Sir almost 700 million $ for just 1 deal for just 256 APCs (not even counting the thousands of other APC alone) is not even viable for a country tht has 5 lac soldiers.. and a defence budget of 1.8 billion $... from which they have to pay salaries,cost of maintenance,retirement pensions n other expenses...

P.S: our pensions etc are paid not paid from the military budget.

Sir almost 700 million $ for just 1 deal for just 256 APCs (not even counting the thousands of other APC alone) is not even viable for a country tht has 5 lac soldiers.. and a defence budget of 1.8 billion $... from which they have to pay salaries,cost of maintenance,retirement pensions n other expenses...

P.S: our pensions etc are paid not paid from the military budget.

because you have other expensenses, like arms project, nuclear projects , missile projects that we do not have LOL

IF we talk about Air force and Navy, then the difference ration between two armies will increase more higher :rofl:

NESCOM,SUPARCO etc are also funded by govt.

just leave navy aside, Pakistan has around 500 combat aircraft while Bangladesh Has 50 combat aircraft (only 8 Mig 29 which is just 4th gen bought in 1996 LOL) so it is 10 times LMAO. over all Pakistan has around 900 aircraft while Bangladesh has close to 200 aircraft :omghaha:

see why do you need big budget while we do not need ? :lol:

If you knew our terrain then it certainly make sense. These BTR can swim in the water, and that is the only reason we are buying them in huge number and will give us huge advantage over our enemies. You cant move 20 miles in BD without crossing a river or swamp.

If you knew our terrain then it certainly make sense. These BTR can swim in the water, and that is the only reason we are buying them in huge number and will give us huge advantage over our enemies. You cant move 20 miles in BD without crossing a river or swamp.

As i said bro... he has no reliable sources to back his claims either...

Back
Top Bottom