What's new

Bangladesh to Demand Apology from Pakistan

Bangladesh is now willing to reintegrate them into the nation ...(i don't know if the present government in BD has changed her stance) . Its not just about people stranded there but now its about their own choice to live that way ... we can just not load them into a ship and then dump them in Pakistan ...we r talking about a big number 250000 people (almost a new city) . who will provide them accommodation, jobs , health care , education ... its not US my friend its Pakistan . Its in Biharis interest to accept Bangla citizenship for their own good .

Wither Biharis want to live in Bangladesh or Pakistan is a different issue. But its our responsibility by all regards, be it moral,social,or ethical to accept and accommodate them.

Dont you think its just similar to making love to a women and stranding her when she becomes pregnant:disagree:

Alas! we have lost all our morals.

Apology is not the real issue here, Its just an embedded part of Bangladeshi domestic political make-up!!

May I add to say also, Indeed its the focal point of AL politics. In both cases,wither or not apology is re-asked, AL will benefit from it.Its a purely win-win move from them in the domestic political hay-hos!!

Regards!

Agreed. This is for domestic politics.

As for the Biharis, the older generation was fiercely loyal to Pakistan, refused Bangladeshi citizenship zealously. I am not sure about the younger generation. I hope they grow common sense and learn to live in reality.

Pakistan has apologized for the its misdeeds, during Musharraf regime, and that too without any terms. How many times its gonna repeat it? Or is it must for us that with every changing government in BD,to rub our nose on each set of new toes?

You have come up with ample lousy examples, but may I ask you, have you ever dared ask an apology from the great Britain, ever?? After all those centuries of slavery and I need not to say the kind of beatings you suffered!

Lets leave it here and not touch stuff that can really hurt some, but the point is, no where in the world the ex-rulers ask for apologies. Your examples are totally of context, so I would leave it here!

Adios

I did not know that Pakistan has already apologized in the past. All I was saying was, that the act of asking for an apology for historical wrongs is not a uniquely 'Bangladesh thing'. Lots of modern countries ask for apologies for historical wrongs/genocide/persecution/whatever.

As far as UK is concerned, I am thankful that the GoI is not asking for an apology. We ought to move on, that's my thinking. As of today, India and the UK share an excellent relationship and there is no point asking for useless apologies for things that happened nearly a century back. I am embarrassed by Indians who blame foreign colonial rule for our problems. For God's sake, we have had more than 60 years to build our nation. We should emulate countries like Germany and Japan which redeveloped so fast after World War II even after being destroyed to smithereens. That is however, my thinking, and if Bangladesh (and some other countries) do not agree and feel that an apology is called for, that's their prerogative.

And finally - yes, discussing some aspects of British colonial rule might hurt me, but remember that we were in it together back then, so it would ought to hurt both of us!

Biharis have given more sacrifices for Pakistan than anyone else.This is due to their demand of returning to Pakistan that the two parts of the country are still engaged in some sort of (good or bad) relationship.

it is the perception of Pakistanis that BD is doing it under the umbrella of India to degrade Pakistan. I have some suggestions to sort out this problem:

1, Both the countries should form a confederation (no need for apologies from either side)

2, Assign dual nationality to the people of both countries.

3, declare visa and passport free travel of people like we used to have in past

Actually, only the hell AL supporters and some innocent people who are bulled by continuous exaggerated propaganda by AL media are claiming apology. Not other Bangladeshis. I can assure that maximum Bangladeshis do not even think about 71. AL plays with people's ideology, nationalism and patriotism and bull the people easily.

I did not know that Pakistan has already apologized in the past. All I was saying was, that the act of asking for an apology for historical wrongs is not a uniquely 'Bangladesh thing'. Lots of modern countries ask for apologies for historical wrongs/genocide/persecution/whatever.

Thats why its better not to comment in mattes, one is not acquainted with.

As far as UK is concerned, I am thankful that the GoI is not asking for an apology. We ought to move on, that's my thinking. As of today, India and the UK share an excellent relationship and there is no point asking for useless apologies for things that happened nearly a century back. I am embarrassed by Indians who blame foreign colonial rule for our problems. For God's sake, we have had more than 60 years to build our nation. We should emulate countries like Germany and Japan which redeveloped so fast after World War II even after being destroyed to smithereens.

Bulls eye!! Answers all the relevant quires.

And finally - yes, discussing some aspects of British colonial rule might hurt me, but remember that we were in it together back then, so it would ought to hurt both of us!

Thats why I say leave it. Dont disagree with the fact that we shared the same miseries.

Adios

how long we want to carry tiss matter and make issue over it what benefit it will give to bangladesh if they seek apology from us ,we will not get back whom we lost in our war of independence .it will be more wise concentrate how to bbuild our country free from hunger and proverty that will fulfill the dreem of our myrters. l

Just once again?

It has already happened twice i think

Now even I am getting fed up of these apologies every now and than :angry:

Just for the record, Pakistan never apologised formally to BD. Musharaf did express regret while visiting BD war memorial though.

If only i got 4 million dollars for every time they ask for apologies:lol:.
Seriously, how many times will they keep demanding apologies?:disagree:

Last edited:
As our bengali brother pointed out AL wants to do politics over the grave of dead countrymen just as PPP in Pakistan plays politics over the grave of Benazir and Zulfi bhutto . Both have zero performance otherwise.

I think pakistan should ask the bangladesh govt to draft the apology they want and after that the issue should be dropped......the stick they beat pakistan with will be taken away,a bit like the ANP wanting NWFP named changed.Its done and now thats one less issue that can be bought as an excuse to take the population eye away from development.

As for the biharis......let them all move to pakistan.

Last edited:
President Pervez Musharraf already said sorry for the unwanted even in 71. It is done deal. The reason Awami crying because it was done during BNP-Jamat government.

We Bangladeshi has other things to worry about then some event that took placed 40 years ago.

Now, Pakistan should demand apology from Ghaddar Awami league for breaking up the country with the help of Mushrik. I am serous. :tup:

Last edited:
Dont get hot over the subject of Biharis.... They are the ones who stayed loyal with Pakistan,till the very end....even when they were in minority and things were getting out of hands. They have proved their loyalty with and for the cause Pakistan more then any-buddy else. Instead of honoring them for their sufferings we forgot them.Things have changed for us after 40 odd years, but those poor souls are living in sub human conditions that none of us can't even imagine.

They are somewhat responsible for this condition. They have been hoisting Pakistani flag middle of Dhaka for 40 years yet they never been into west Pakistan. They could have accept the reality after fall of Dhaka and mix up with local Bangla speaking Muslim as they are doing right now. Young generation of Biharis already accepting bd citizenship and things are getting better for them. :tup:

Some oldies still denouncing bd citizenship because once they become citizen then they have to work for bread and butter instead of living on government welfare. :tdown:

Back
Top Bottom